Weird beer question

I know we are allowed to bring so much alcohol in bottles back to the ship form ports. However does any one know what the amount if any is allowed for beer? Specifically from Puerto Rico. I have brought bottles back from certain ports and I am aware of those rules but never beer. 

Anyone have any clue on this

Thanks in advance

WCR

You can bring beer onboard. Just not allowed for personal consumption while on the cruise. It will be confiscated, tagged and returned to you at the end of your cruise. Just like any other alcohol that isn't permitted at embarkation or the other pots of call. 

Dont try bringing beer with you on board. Its a bad idea. Moreover, what kind of beer is it? Are you sure it worths the risk? You can drink as much beer on board as you want. Its a cruise, you must enjoy your stay. You can drink your favorite beer at home. I am sure you will find anything you want on board. However, if you really want to take beer on board I would rather drink it beforehand 

I bring back beer all the time for souvenirs for my two sons. Still have some from Cozumel to give them from brands I have not seen in the States.  It is always confiscated and I just get it the last night to take off the ship the next morning.  I am sure you can't carry enough back on the ship for there to be a problem with any kind of limit.

Edited by coaster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

no beer allowed to be brought on board

25 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Dont try bringing beer with you on board. Its a bad idea. Moreover, what kind of beer is it? Are you sure it worths the risk? You can drink as much beer on board as you want. Its a cruise, you must enjoy your stay. You can drink your favorite beer at home. I am sure you will find anything you want on board. However, if you really want to take beer on board I would rather drink it beforehand 

Not sure what either of you are talking about. This person is asking about bringing back beer in the same way that people bring duty free liquor bottles back on board. 

To answer your question OP, I believe beer still falls under the 1 liter of alcohol per person that gets to be duty free. Any more on top of that you being back may be subject to taxes. Then again if it's from PR it might not matter since it's part of the US. 

I think I need to be more specific. I would like to buy a certain beer in Puerto Rico that you cannot buy in the United States. How much if any can I bring on back on board to take home. I understand it will be confiscated until the end the cruise. I have never seen anyone bring beer back only bottles of alcohol. I hope this clears it up, the same fashion as bringing back alcohol.

15 minutes ago, Waycoolrob said:

I think I need to be more specific. I would like to buy a certain beer in Puerto Rico that you cannot buy in the United States. How much if any can I bring on back on board to take home. I understand it will be confiscated until the end the cruise. I have never seen anyone bring beer back only bottles of alcohol. I hope this clears it up, the same fashion as bringing back alcohol.

You can bring an unlimited amount no matter what. From foreign countries only the first liter is duty free. Since PR isn't a foreign country there's no duty so you can get as much as you want without paying extra taxes

4 hours ago, Waycoolrob said:

I've brought back craft beer from various ports. Be up front going through security. Sometimes you get by without having to give it up until last day.

Keep your amount low. 6 pack at most. And don't buy it cold. 

You looking for Magna or Buye? Try the Supermax on Calle Cruz just north of Calle Fortaleza