Texting via Hub App?

KeithsKelly

Can anyone enlighten me on texting with Hub app?  I haven't found much info, but it looks like it carries a cost of $5 (per person?) to text while on board.  Would I be able to text others at home through the hub as long as they have it as well?  Any other info is also much appreciated!

you can text anyone who has the chat feature . so if you meet people and they have hub chat- use it .

so worth the 5 bucks for the week. so for my family of four it cost me 20 bucks to chat with my immediate family but my inlaws had it too.  we chatted with them too. then the couple we met at the pool. see it works. 

2 minutes ago, PurpleShamrock317 said:

Jumping in with a related question. Does the hub texting work through WiFi? My daughter doesn’t have a data plan. Just just uses my old iPhone and texts us through WiFi and iMessage.

so if I put the hub on her phone and we all pay the fee she’d be able to txt us?

Yes she can. 

On 3/8/2020 at 2:42 PM, PurpleShamrock317 said:

Jumping in with a related question. Does the hub texting work through WiFi? My daughter doesn’t have a data plan. Just just uses my old iPhone and texts us through WiFi and iMessage.

so if I put the hub on her phone and we all pay the fee she’d be able to txt us?

The hub chat feature - messaging others onboard who have also purchased the chat feature ($5 per folio number, entire cruise duration) - works through ship WiFi intranet and does not require purchase of a data plan to access the internet.

So if you pay $5 per person that wants to message while on the ship, that should work (assuming your daughter is on the ship 😉 ).

• Like 1