Are HAL Seattle offices open and operating??

sail7seas

News is reporting Microsoft, Facebook and workers from other very large companies  are to a large degree working from home from fear of spread of the virus, given  the recent cases in WA  state which have been widely reported.  

Has HAL also shut their offices?

Would  be a very bad time for Princess offices to not be at full strength with the situation re:  Grand Princess on-going.   That is a nightmare!

Edited by sail7seas

While HAL is in Seattle, Princess is in Santa Clarita, CA, so not sure why there would be any interruption with Princess.  And if HAL employees - as referenced with other companies - are able to work from their home, then there may not be any disruption there either.  But I have not heard specifics on any office closures with HAL.  Also as companies within the Carnival group, which has its HQ in Miami, there may be fallback operational options there for HAL.  Who knows?

Perhaps try calling HAL to see if you get an answer.

• Like 1

Considering that probably 50% of tech company workers already work from a home office, it's really not a big deal.  Many tech companies are 100% remote, and there is no office to speak of.  Every employee is virtual.  I'm not even in I/T and my employer is moving more and more in that direction.  

• Like 1

Our daughter's family live a little south, closer to Seattle.  Her company told all employees to stay home until March 20.  She works remotely 99% of the time anyway, so no big deal -- but our grandson's school district is closed for up to 14 days too.  As others said, since HAL employees can and do work from home, I'm sure they're still working too.

7 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

While HAL is in Seattle, Princess is in Santa Clarita, CA, so not sure why there would be any interruption with Princess.  And if HAL employees - as referenced with other companies - are able to work from their home, then there may not be any disruption there either.  But I have not heard specifics on any office closures with HAL.  Also as companies within the Carnival group, which has its HQ in Miami, there may be fallback operational options there for HAL.  Who knows?

Perhaps try calling HAL to see if you get an answer.

'

Have you tried calling them to ask?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, T8NCruise said:

'

As  you say, you don't know,  

I also  do not know thus  the reason  I asked  here.

Yes, HAL HQ is open.

It's not all gloom and doom in Seattle as the news might make it seem.  As someone else said, tech companies are teleworking because its very easy for them to do so.  Besides, Amazon had an exposure, which is what prompted their action.

I am still going in to the city every day for work and other than noticing a smaller crowd on the ferry, it's mostly business as usual downtown.  The biggest thing I've noticed is that they took away the self-serve sugar stand in Starbucks.  Probably a good measure.

Edited by Aquahound

1 hour ago, T8NCruise said:

You are quoting me with this question so I assume you are either asking me if I called, or reinforcing my suggestion to call.  In case it's the former, no I have not tried calling as I am not the one questioning whether or not they are open.  And I have no intention of calling.  You would have to ask the OP if they called as it is their concern.

If it is the latter and it is of significant concern, then hopefully the OP will follow our suggestion and call for themselves to see, as that be rather easy and would likely provide the answer.

Edited to add:  I see Aquahound has just provided an answer as I was typing.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

3 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

You are quoting me with this question so I assume you are either asking me if I called, or reinforcing my suggestion to call.  In case it's the former, no I have not tried calling as I am not the one questioning whether or not they are open.  And I have no intention of calling.  You would have to ask the OP if they called as it is their concern.

If it is the latter and it is of significant concern, then hopefully the OP will follow our suggestion and call for themselves to see, as that be rather easy and would likely provide the answer.

Edited to add:  I see Aquahound has just provided an answer as I was typing.

I have no idea how that happened - I actually quoted Sail7Seas!  Sometimes this board is a bit screwy!  But thanks for responding anyway.

On 3/6/2020 at 1:58 PM, ducklite said:

Considering that probably 50% of tech company workers already work from a home office, it's really not a big deal.  Many tech companies are 100% remote, and there is no office to speak of.  Every employee is virtual.  I'm not even in I/T and my employer is moving more and more in that direction.  

I'm not sure I said "it was a big deal" ...  

I simply asked  a question  :shrug: