Fort Lauderdale hotel decision

cheriberi

2 hours ago, Robinhill said:

do you know how much they charge for shuttle from the airport?  Do they offer shuttle to cruise port?

The airport shuttle was @ $2. pp and the shuttle to the ship is $7. pp. You sign up for the shuttle to the ship on a sheet near the door or at check in. At least these are the last prices I recall seeing posted at the hotel - normally pick up a rental  car at FLL and drop it at Alamo near the port and use their shuttle, then post cruise take the Alamo shuttle back to Eller for another rental car that we eventually drop back at FLL prior to our flight home.

Calling the hotel directly will give you up to date info on shuttle service and cost.

Darcy

Edited by WatchHill

On 5/29/2020 at 11:34 AM, pooh/tigger said:

Volijeep, since you stayed there, is this a good place to stay for a couple days if you just like to hang out at the pool and relax?.Is everything close?  Was dining expensive at the resort? Is the pool nice? We are an older couple who just wanted to hang out at the pool and relax for a couple days before our 10 day cruise. Thanks for your help.

Pool area is very nice and clean - lots of chairs, tables, sun , shade, and unfortunately rain also

"close"? - Not as close to outside restaurants / bars / shopping as some of the places on 17th street (embassy suites / hyatt)

but we drove down, so had our car, easy in, easy out, and no more than 5 minutes or so of a drive

did not dine on premises, except for an app by the pool - not cheap, nor are the drinks cheap

As stated we drove down, got there about 11 am, checked in, room not ready, went to eat at Southport Raw Bar, stayed a couple of hours, then room was ready … didn't do a whole lot that day, just kinda hung by the pool, on our balcony, the went to the pool bar that night

next day - Took the water taxi around - has a pickup spot right at the Hilton - again didn't do much other than hang out on our balcony - direct view of the cruise port - Publix is close so we just grabbed some beer/wine/salads ...

next day - boarded the Caribbean Princess

sorry, pretty boring to most folks, I guess

4 minutes ago, pooh/tigger said:

Thanks Volijeep. Appreciate your response. How late does the water taxi run? How much? That might be our best choice for dining outside the resort.

here you go … https://watertaxi.com/map/

we didn't get off at any of the stops - just enjoyed the ride and a real good guide pointing out highlights

besides the Southport Raw Bar - we ate at 15th Street Fisheries the next time we stayed there - in December for one night only

On 5/30/2020 at 10:58 AM, WatchHill said:

The airport shuttle was @ $2. pp and the shuttle to the ship is $7. pp. You sign up for the shuttle to the ship on a sheet near the door or at check in. At least these are the last prices I recall seeing posted at the hotel - normally pick up a rental  car at FLL and drop it at Alamo near the port and use their shuttle, then post cruise take the Alamo shuttle back to Eller for another rental car that we eventually drop back at FLL prior to our flight home.

Calling the hotel directly will give you up to date info on shuttle service and cost.

Darcy

thanks so much!

On 5/22/2020 at 11:38 AM, Ombud said:

I think I'll spend the $7 and take their shuttle! 90° is okay in California where the humidity is low but horrible in areas with high humidity. Now just trying to decide between Hyatt 17th St and Embassy Suites (belong to both Hilton & Hyatt -- my go to hotel chains)

Good choice.  Uber is nice too, no waiting for a shuttle and stopping at other ships with other guests.

23 hours ago, Pmorton3360 said:

I am seeing some hotels have limited their dining and shuttle. Do you think this will be improved by October?

Hi, the state of Florida is opening in phases......restaurants and bars are now open, still not 100% capacity but more

than before.  I am guessing phase 3 will be before October yes.  Can't say 100% but in 4 months? I am guessing 

it will be 100% before that time rolls around. So yes, there will be improvement.