Silhouette returning to port again

Quo Vadis?

2 hours ago, keesar said:

From my experience, true medical emergencies involve the Coast Guard removing the ill passenger from the helipad. 

26 minutes ago, cruisnuts said:

I’m just curious why they didn’t evacuate them by helicopters usual rather than disrupting the whole cruise.  I’m sure there’s a legitimate reason and maybe I missed that explanation in this thread if so apologies.

Please see my post #55 above.  Depending upon ship's position, helicopter evacuation is not always an option in the Caribbean.

There is no concern from the people we are traveling with. We have two more cruises onboard and skipping a tender port is no loss.  This picture was taken after the passengers left since the exit on 5 was cordoned off.

4BF95110-371F-4D93-B9FF-A289A738F4FC.jpeg

Edited by Argo.
Photo did not load.

5 hours ago, TravelTech said:

Maybe they were relatives of those involved in the initial medical emergency. 

If so, why didn’t they disembark when the ship originally returned to Florida?  Otherwise I’d think Celebrity would be happy for them to disembark on their own at the next port...not take the enormous expense and disruption to sail back to Florida a second time!

It’s indeed a mystery and I wish Celebrity would tell us do the rampant speculation would stop. There’s a CC writer onboard who was at the Meet n Greet. I wonder if he’s gotten information. 
Happy to be on our way to the ABCs. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Does anyone think these people are going to the hospital for medical evaluation?

Hands behind the back?  Police.  Celebrity typically does not comment on criminal issues.

Is this related to the suicide/homicide reported earlier?

6 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Hands behind the back?  Police.  Celebrity typically does not comment on criminal issues.

That’s a theory that’s been circulating. 

14 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

The people who disembarked are the ones in the red t-shirts I believe.  They do not have their hands behind their backs.  One man in one picture has his hands behind his back but in another picture he is clearly seen with loose arms.  Furthermore he is wearing an ID of some sort around his neck so I think he is a port worker.  People in handcuffs do not ride off in taxis.

• Like 3

This is truly weird.

i have not read anything about the death on board.

the third interruption was obviously not a medical emergency for the couple who disembarked.. they walked off and took selfies before getting into a vehicle.

their luggage is in the taxi???

This is a very expensive port call in Miami.  With the credits that passengers are getting, dropping off these two will cost well over a million.

Just now, MF40 said:

Any update on this?

We are on our way back to Fort Lauderdale after visiting the ABC islands (in the order of CBA). Will be at sea today and tomorrow (Fri and Sat). The only other changes are in the order of some of the shows I believe because of when the performers could get on board. Beautiful day today in the Carribean! 

• Like 3