Celebrity Summit Deck 9 Aqua Class Noise?!?

Quik2flip

Will be sailing on the Summit in April in Aqua class cabins 9042, 9044, 9046. Got a great deal...now I may see why. Have read multiple reviews about noise being unbearable from above Solarium and pool deck. Has anyone stayed in these cabins and could provide some honest feedback about noise levels, when you hear it, and what kind of noise it is? I live in a 20 story apartment building and have constant noise above my head. I didn’t want to have to hear it on vacation as well! Thanks

I think your may be ok as your rooms are under the  Aqua Spa area.    We were in 9077 and the bar outside the aqua spa was above our room.   Generally it  was very quiet except sometimes in later afternoon we would hear carts with Ice and towels being rolled. across the deck.    We were never disturbed early morning or late.

Thank you for your response.  I read a review of someone who stayed in my exact cabin and he said it was horrible.  One room briefly opened up on deck 11 but it was a $700 difference.  I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger...but I am concerned.  I guess with everything going on, that should be the least of my worries.  Thanks again!

We are booked 9048 on Summit in May, so interested in your question.  We chose that location as we have cruised 6 times on various S ships under the Solarium, starboard side, with no noise issues.  In fact, we have observed that the Solarium typically clears out by happy hour/early dinner, and frequently we have seen the staff hosing it down, and setting up for the next day during dinner hours, so by the time we are in for the evening, it is all quiet above those cabins.  The Solarium is open till   10pm (it was on our cruise last month) so even if their are people still using it, it isn’t late hours.  Good luck, enjoy your cruise.

37 minutes ago, Quik2flip said:

Thank you for your response.  I read a review of someone who stayed in my exact cabin and he said it was horrible.  One room briefly opened up on deck 11 but it was a $700 difference.  I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger...but I am concerned.  I guess with everything going on, that should be the least of my worries.  Thanks again!

You should be able to get the A1 stateroom for the A2 price.  🍷

According to TA, I would lose my perks (the rate I originally booked for was with 2 perks)...I would hope he knows what he is talking about.  Tried to ask Celebrity, but call wait was over an hour and then told I would have to reach out to my TA and they would call.

27 minutes ago, Quik2flip said:

According to TA, I would lose my perks (the rate I originally booked for was with 2 perks)...I would hope he knows what he is talking about.  Tried to ask Celebrity, but call wait was over an hour and then told I would have to reach out to my TA and they would call.

I went from an A2 to an A1 on Solstice after final payment and kept my perks.  It was the courtesy upgrade.  I would press your TA to call and insist since you are entitled to the upgrade.  🍷

Since you are after final payment often the price is lower but the pricing doesn’t come with perks. When you upgrade you get the perks, if any  that are associated  with the price.    That could be why you would lose the perks if you upgraded. 

We weren’t in those rooms but in 9133 just under buffet entrance . It was noisy...not horrible.  Could hear them cleaning and getting ready for buffet each morning, it was rolling the garbage cans or carts over the floor that made noise. 

31 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Since you are after final payment often the price is lower but the pricing doesn’t come with perks. When you upgrade you get the perks, if any  that are associated  with the price.    That could be why you would lose the perks if you upgraded. 

Thank you.  That makes sense.  I reached out to TA about the courtesy upgrade that Wine-O mentioned...waiting to hear what he says.

My family had cabins 9045 and 9047 on the Millennium, a few years ago, which are on the port side instead of starboard, but in the same place below the Solarium as 2 of your cabins.  I know you asked about the Summit, but since it is a sister ship I hope my answer will be relevant to you. 

In cabin 9047 we occasionally heard a humming noise which we believed was associated with running the jets of the Solarium hot tub.  It wasn't a problem for us as it didn't occur at night when we were sleeping.  Other than that, we didn't hear noise from above and enjoyed the cabin.

Cabin 9045 had a metal platform attached to the balcony in between 9045 and 9043 which classified the cabin as an "obstructed view", which contributed to us getting a very good price for it.  My Mother had that cabin and she said it didn't bother her as she did not tend to look out towards the front of the ship where the platform was located due to the flare out of the balcony on 9043 - she didn't want to be staring at those guests on their balcony.   Looking straight out from the balcony and to the rear of the ship, that platform did not interfere with her view.  That platform may or may not be on the starboard side, and it has been a few years since we sailed so the platform may have been reconfigured or removed and it might not be an issue but wanted to mention it.  She found her cabin to be quiet and was not bothered by any noise from the Solarium area above.

We were on Summit Feb 15-22.   Aqua class rooms 9084-9086-9088.    That's just forward of the Burger Bar above on deck 10.    The rooms were generally quiet.   You could hear some walking around on occasion but nothing to disrupt anything, particularly sleep.    I suspect peak noise from above time would be mid day and we were never in the room during the day anyway.   We would book them again in a minute.

I have a trip report out there if you want to read it.