Anyone try to book a cruise with Princess the past few days?

compozer

I want to add a cabin to our Alaskan cruise in June.   I always do it first with Princess than transfer it to my TA.  Did talk to her Friday and she is going nuts canceling cruises for clients.  I told her not to worry and I would talk to her later next week.      I have tried for three days to book the cruise..  Can't get through on phone and when I try to book online, I get   "prices are not available, technical difficulties or page can not be found.    

Anyone else finding this??    Have they put a hold on new bookings until the rush of canceling is over? 

And I also check all my flights daily, and the prices has been up $800 over what I have them booked under. for that cruise.

Same issue here for me. I need to make a change that I can't do on the Personalizer and I've been trying for 3 days to get through.  I feel bad because I know they are swamped right now with cancellations and people calling with questions, but at the same time I'd like to get my issue resolved.  One of my cruises is now saying 'prices not available' too.  

The consumer site shows the no pricing available info, but the TA site does show pricing and availability (at least on the ones I was looking at).  I checked on this yesterday.  Have not tried to make any new bookings through the TA site, but it does the pricing.

And yes, the TA industry is reeling right now.  Try your TA again.  He/she may be happy to start getting NEW bookings.  Good luck with your plans!

This could be a website glitch or something in your cache. Not sure why it happens but found a fix  posted from a previous thread.  Try holding the shift key down and reload the page. This works every time I get “pricing not available”. Pricing will appear. Hope this helps

Edited by lolane1
Addition

lolane,   I tried that and the page came up 400 BAd Request.   I tried again and    Technical difficulties comes up.

Ella, I know my TA well, and I know she is so frustrated that I want to give her a few days to relax from the panic of her clients that canceled..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, compozer said:

lolane,   I tried that and the page came up 400 BAd Request.   I tried again and    Technical difficulties comes up.

Ella, I know my TA well, and I know she is so frustrated that I want to give her a few days to relax from the panic of her clients that canceled..

They are all going insane right now so no worries.  As we get closer, I'm hoping our TA can get us into a nice upgraded cabin.  But I'm going to give this some time.

49 minutes ago, compozer said:

Sorry that it didn't work for you.  Did you keep the shift key depressed as the page loads?    If so, must be another reason.  Hope it resolves.

42 minutes ago, Coral said:

I think everyone (travel agents, Princess direct) is being bombarded with cancellations and immediate issues with Grand, Regal and Royal Princess.

You are correct.    Just thought I would ask here to see if it was just me or what.   I know if I email my TA and tell her to check it out at the end of the week,, she will check anyway - even if it is in the middle of the night.   I will wait until Thursday or so and send her a note.   I have not received an email about it but I did see we are in the time slot where they are giving us another 30 days before final payment is due.    i really appreciate that.  It was due Thursday.

Stay healthy everyone.

1 hour ago, compozer said:

I completely respect that you are being so understanding of your TA!  😊  It IS an extremely crazy time right now.  Hopefully the consumer side glitches will get resolved for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

We booked 3 this morning.  Two direct with Princess, and one with our TA.  No issues

Did you get good deals?  Are cruise prices going down?  Our May Panama Canal cruise has not changed pricing, even with lots of cancellations.