refund if paid in full?

omc329

I tried calling my ta, but the lines are backed up for hours. We have a cruise booked in December, but I foolishly decided to pay it off when I received a moveover offer refund on another cruise. I figured the cruise was paid and I wouldn't have to worry about it. It was originally booked with a $20pp refundable deposit. We want to cancel. If I wait the hours to get through the phone lines, will I find that they WILL refund the entire amount to my credit card? We are way before final payment.

Anyone know?

24 minutes ago, omc329 said:

Thank you. That makes me feel much better. I'll try to call again later in the week and hope the wait times get under 3 hours.

Initially, will not an email work with a request for a call back, with the understanding that they will not cancel your booking based on an email alone?

bon voyage

I tried looking for an email for my bigbox ta. All I could find were phone numbers. There is an email for those canceling for cruises prior to May 31, but I don't qualify for that email, thus the phone. I think there is a way to cancel through their site, but I want someone there to state unequivocally that the entire amount will be credited back to the cc.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, omc329 said:

I tried looking for an email for my bigbox ta. All I could find were phone numbers. There is an email for those canceling for cruises prior to May 31, but I don't qualify for that email, thus the phone. I think there is a way to cancel through their site, but I want someone there to state unequivocally that the entire amount will be credited back to the cc.

Call your TA and ask for a call back. I left a message at 3am.  If you are most than 60 days from your cruise the policy ALWAYS has been a refund. Note Celebrity with a no refund deposit will charge $100pp and your TA might have a small fee as well.

Getting a refund is not in question.

4 hours ago, omc329 said:

Doesn't your TA send confirmations, etc. via email?   If so, there should be an address on those emails.   Last night we emailed a cancellation request to our TA, had an answer this morning that an official cancellation request form would be emailed to us later today.    Sure beats holding on the phone for hours.    

I emailed my TA customer support, which is a big online cruise agency, asking for a cancellation form.

It arrived promptly, I filled it, signed it, scanned it with my signature in blue, emailed back, and in a matter of hours received the cancellation confirmation.

I tried the form. It says my date is invalid. It will only handle up to July. I tried going to the travel account. There are no spots to cancel. I tried calling this morning a minute before they opened and JUST as they opened. I was put into the three hour que. I guess I'll have to try again later, but man, I'm frustrated!!! It used to be they would do a callback if you asked. Not now. Now you have to listen the the recording for hours. Thhpptt!!!

21 hours ago, omc329 said:

I understand for sure, make sure they send you the info in writing as well...

bon voyage

3 minutes ago, omc329 said:

I tried the form. It says my date is invalid. It will only handle up to July. I tried going to the travel account. There are no spots to cancel. I tried calling this morning a minute before they opened and JUST as they opened. I was put into the three hour que. I guess I'll have to try again later, but man, I'm frustrated!!! It used to be they would do a callback if you asked. Not now. Now you have to listen the the recording for hours. Thhpptt!!!

I Am sure that the automated call back system has been burnt out for days now with all the calls...

bon voyage

3 hours ago, omc329 said:

What is the date of the cruise that you are trying to cancel? My understanding was the form was only to be used for cancellations under the Cruise With Confidence policy, which is limited to cruises sailing no later than July 31, 2020.

3 hours ago, omc329 said:

I tried the form. It says my date is invalid. It will only handle up to July. 

Please save yourself further frustration and WAIT a few weeks for things to settle down?  Your cruise is nowhere near final payment, and yes, all of your money (minus any TA fee or non-refundable deposit) will be returned up till 90 days prior to your sailing.

I agree that there is no incentive for you in cancelling this early (unless of course you need the money back for some reason).  I would wait until closer to your final payment date to cancel, if you are 100% sure you will cancel.