Will Princess TA's Be Going To Europe This Spring?

PrincessLuver

1 hour ago, Mackenzie1 said:

We’ll have to wait to see what happens. The cruise directors list shows that Paul Chandler-Burns is the cruise director for the Crowne. He’s a lot of fun and plans great activities.  That helps. 

We are on the ship to go to Europe and do not want to sail around in circles in the Atlantic or Caribbean just so Princess can keep people's money.....no matter who the cruise director is....the question really is can they alter the itinerary that drastically and get away with it without allowing refunds?

Thanks

1 hour ago, atchisog said:

From the discussion on the Crown T/A Roll Call (25 March), Princess has already set up the new itinerary without Italy. Thus I believe the T/As are going to happen, unless more wheels fly off the bus.

Thanks for the update about our T/A that was to be from Ft. Lauderdale to Rome.  Everyone needs to check their Princess accounts, because is my reservation ever messed up!  Instead of ending up in Rome, we will now end up in Spain, which I get, but from there it goes from bad to worse!  I already paid in full the $6671.82 invoice for our cruise, which included the cruise fare of $5562, Platinum vacation protection of $389.34, a pre-cruise package of $488, taxes, fees and port expenses of $232.48, and onboard credit of $150.  I just checked my cruise personalizer, however, only to find out that despite the drastic changes to our itinerary, and the need to re-book air at my own expense, I now supposedly owe Princess $301.54!!!  Princess came to this amount by including a cancellation fee of $299.25, but adding onboard credit of $650.  Are they kidding?  I'm supposed to pay the additional $301.54 by December 27, 2019, or my cruise will be cancelled!!!!!  Get a grip, Princess.  We are loyal cruisers, but no one is going to put up with this! 

Edited by Mackenzie1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mackenzie1 said:

Thanks

Thanks for the update about our T/A that was to be from Ft. Lauderdale to Rome.  Everyone needs to check their Princess accounts, because is my reservation ever messed up!  Instead of ending up in Rome, we will now end up in Spain, which I get, but from there it goes from bad to worse!  I already paid in full the $6671.82 invoice for our cruise, which included the cruise fare of $5562, Platinum vacation protection of $389.34, a pre-cruise package of $488, taxes, fees and port expenses of $232.48, and onboard credit of $150.  I just checked my cruise personalizer, however, only to find out that despite the drastic changes to our itinerary, and the need to re-book air at my own expense, I now supposedly owe Princess $301.54!!!  Princess came to this amount by including a cancellation fee of $299.25, but adding onboard credit of $650.  Are they kidding?  I'm supposed to pay the additional $301.54 by December 27, 2019, or my cruise will be cancelled!!!!!  Get a grip, Princess.  We are loyal cruisers, but no one is going to put up with this! 

And exactly what was that fee for?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

This is what I am worried about.....I think they could technically do this but I am sure they would have s ship load of very upset passengers.  We are hoping they cancel or if they do change itinerary significantly that passengers are still allowed full refund because they are really doing a bait and switch.....and playing games!!!

Yeah I am assuming most people already have flights booked so if they were to change it to a Caribbean cruise instead that would mean a huge cost increase for us. 

3 hours ago, Mackenzie1 said:

Thanks

That's just crazy, has to be some mistake right? They surely can't just add fees after final payment?

3 hours ago, Albinroo said:

That's just crazy, has to be some mistake right? They surely can't just add fees after final payment?

I’m going to call Princess this morning, but I don’t think it was a mistake. I received an updated itinerary showing that $301.54 was to be paid by December 27, 2019, or or my reservation would be cancelled. The itinerary even gives an address showing where to send the money. I paid in full, and my account showed that I paid in full up until yesterday. My concern is that so many people have cancelled this cruise that Princess can’t take anymore cancellations.  Whether the Crown goes on the T/A is to be seen, and whether Princess just cancels my booking because of this phantom fee that supposedly remains to be paid is also to be seen. 

2 hours ago, Mackenzie1 said:

The itinerary even gives an address showing where to send the money. I paid in full, and my account showed that I paid in full up until yesterday. My concern is that so many people have cancelled this cruise that Princess can’t take anymore cancellations.  

I am confused.  They are telling you to send money?  Where?

That sounds fishy 

call Princess and get clarification 

36 minutes ago, dog said:

I am confused.  They are telling you to send money?  Where?

That sounds fishy 

call Princess and get clarification 

Thanks. I’m on hold with Princess. Others on my roll call have not had this problem. Maybe it’s a mistake. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mackenzie1 said:

Thanks. I’m on hold with Princess. Others on my roll call have not had this problem. Maybe it’s a mistake. 

Was the address to send money to in your Personalizer?  Could your account be hacked?  It does not make sense to me as I pay by credit card to my TA or I call Princess rep to pay. Good luck sorting this out. 

11 minutes ago, dog said:

Was the address to send money to in your Personalizer?  Could your account be hacked?  It does not make sense to me as I pay by credit card to my TA or I call Princess rep to pay. Good luck sorting this out. 

Hi.  The amount I supposedly owed was in my cruise personalizer, too.  I paid the amount on the Princess website so that my cruise would not be cancelled.  I'm still on hold with Princess.  I hope I can get through to get an explanation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone.  I spoke with Princess, and the extra amount owed turned out to be a computer glitch brought about when the change in  itinerary occurred for the Crown Princess T/A sailing on March 26.  Princess has credited my account.  I'm so relieved!  Thanks for your support!

• Like 4

19 hours ago, atchisog said:

From the discussion on the Crown T/A Roll Call (25 March), Princess has already set up the new itinerary without Italy. Thus I believe the T/As are going to happen, unless more wheels fly off the bus.

I am not so sure now if what is being proposed in Washington DC goes through.....news organizations are reporting that there are discussions at the WH to possibly restrict Americans from traveling to Europe just like to China and other countries.

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news/articles/2020-03-11/exclusive-white-house-to-discuss-new-travel-restrictions-on-europe-sources

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Pirateskigirl said:

The White House is suspending all travel from Europe to the USA for 30 days beginning March 14 for foreign nationals not US Citizens.  The travel ban excludes the UK.

I believe that US permanent residents are also excluded from the ban too. I get 2 exemptions as I’m a UK citizen permanently residing in the US (and I have flights back to the UK over Easter too!) 😉 

50 minutes ago, polmcs said:

I believe that US permanent residents are also excluded from the ban too. I get 2 exemptions as I’m a UK citizen permanently residing in the US (and I have flights back to the UK over Easter too!) 😉 

The word is that we may have to go into a 14 day quarantine upon re-entry....why have the ban if we travel to countries not allowed to enter US and then we travel back which can increase the probability of bringing in the virus.... it is going to be a logistical nightmare for all involved.... let alone being able to get a flight which I am sure are going to have exorbitant fares.....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pirateskigirl said:

The White House is suspending all travel from Europe to the USA for 30 days beginning March 14 for foreign nationals not US Citizens.  The travel ban excludes the UK.

According to Mr. Google, there are about 400 daily flights from Europe to the USA.

That is a big travel interruption for many, many people.

Of course nobody could fly to Europe from the USA either since the planes could not fly back.

• Haha 1

I received a notification from American Airlines yesterday that they are suspending flights to Rome. They offered a refund, but American had already allowed me to transfer my flight from Rome to Barcelona in connection with the change in our itinerary for the March 26 Crown Princess T/A to the Mediterranean. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pirateskigirl said:

Strange,, that they have excluded the UK. We have as many cases here as a lot of the rest of Europe (5 European countries have more, but about 30 have less)

18 minutes ago, debsjc said:

Strange,, that they have excluded the UK. We have as many cases here as a lot of the rest of Europe (5 European countries have more, but about 30 have less)

But Italy has a load more, its really bad there for some reason, and in the Schengen Area there are no travel controls so people can move from one country to another  without restriction or record - 

UK and Ireland aren't in Schengen Area so in theory Italians couldn't travel there without record and then go to US.

And Trump says he realizes UK is taking it more seriously than EU countries are

This is all going to delay it a bit I guess, we are all going to get this sooner or later if we are susceptible

So for us the question is will Princess cancel our April 11th Sky transatlantic to Copenhagen?

Viking have cancelled ALL cruises until May 1st

Edited by Griller

5 minutes ago, Griller said:

But Italy has a load more, its really bad there for some reason, and in the Schengen Area there are no travel controls so people can move from one country to another  without restriction or record - 

UK and Ireland aren't in Schengen Area so in theory Italians couldn't travel there without record and then go to US.

And Trump says he realizes UK is taking it more seriously than EU countries are

This is all going to delay it a bit I guess, we are all going to get this sooner or later if we are susceptible

So for us the question is will Princess cancel our April 11th Sky transatlantic to Copenhagen?

Viking have cancelled ALL cruises until May 1st

I think that's an insult to many other European countries, taking it just as seriously as the UK. (I understand that was Trump's statement - not critising the OP at all) 

• Like 2