OCEANIA: STOP THE MASS MAILED CATALOGUE MADNESS

Kilroyshere

We receive  at least 5 mailed Oceania catalogues weekly (and many more from parent company NCL).

This mass mailing of catalogues is madness.

• It cheapens your product
  • It's environmentally a horrible waste of resources and energy
  • It's gone beyond annoying and has soured us on all NCL and their other owned cruise lines

We've asked our TA to help stop this but no luck. We logged onto NCL where we've previously cruised to find preferences to stop this madness with no luck.

Regent Seven Seas (also owned by NCL) used to do this same multi-weekly mass mailing madness too. Posting here on CC found a big following of likewise upset cruisers posting their same frustrations and objections to these multi weekly mass mailed catalogues. As result, an email address was provided on CC to stop their mass mailing madness and it did for Regent.

STOP the mass mailing of catalogues.

• Like 3

This has been posted before by me and others... if you are receiving them from 'O', go to their website, at the bottom

click on "Update Marketing Preferences" under "Guest Services".

Select "Please remove me from your mailing list".

Click the "Please remove me from your mailing list" button.

Fill in the stuff... click SUBMIT.

Don't scream at internet message boards... it hurts their ears.

Edited by EasyGoingGuy
correction
  • Like 1

Worked for me and others... maybe your TA was controlling the flow in some manner.  I know the ones we get now come from WTH (World Travel Holdings) not directly from 'O'. Yes, way too many but I have actually used them to plan and have one on the counter in front of me. Would like to know who Kilroy receives his from and if the above suggestion worked for him. Maybe I'll try to cancel them again and see what happens.

Edit....

Ok...done...now we wait

Edited by EasyGoingGuy
added info
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, EasyGoingGuy said:

This has been posted before by me and others... if you are receiving them from 'O', go to their website, at the bottom

click on "Update Marketing Preferences" under "Guest Services".

Select "Please remove me from your mailing list".

Click the "Please remove me from your mailing list" button.

Fill in the stuff... click SUBMIT.

Don't scream at internet message boards... it hurts their ears.

1. I've never sailed on Oceania so I've nothing to log onto to change marketing preferences.

2. I've logged onto my NCL Latitudes account and updated marketing preferences to be removed from mailings. That didn't stop them.

3. We used to get the same multi weekly, mass marketing catalogues from Regent (another NCLH property) and could not stop the mailing madness. A thread just like this got a reply from Del Rio himself with an email address to reply, so to stop the mailings and that worked.

• Like 1

I get them from all of NCL's lines too (although I have sailed on Norwegian). I also hate wastage, but have always figured it helped someone's business and the USPS.  I see your problem as I guess I have the same one with Regent Seven Seas as I get those and have never sailed (and probably won't).  Have you tried calling 'O' directly, just wondering.

• Like 2

Update:

I called NCL (not NCLH to those who point out the distinction with no difference for their corporate tax and liability corporate structures).

The NCL rep said that all 3 cruise lines (NCL, Regent & Oceania) have the same marketing department. He acknowledged he's heard many others request the same opt out as you cannot opt out on NCL's Latitudes account preferences.

I asked a cc email he was sending to corporate marketing to cease the mailings, be sent me. He was unable to do that.

We will see if this stops the wasteful mass marketing catalogue barrages we're getting weekly from NCLH (NCL & Oceania).

Many firms choose to market via direct marketing. Each mailing is measured by its success. Obviously, the current health situation may cause a rework of planned mailings. I agree, there should be a way to opt out of future mail campaigns. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Noxequifans said:

Many firms choose to market via direct marketing. Each mailing is measured by its success. Obviously, the current health situation may cause a rework of planned mailings. I agree, there should be a way to opt out of future mail campaigns. 

3 to 6 catalogues a week which are all duplicates of each other is neither responsible nor defensible.

This is not marketing. 

This is environmentally wrong.

This is RoboCalling and using the USPS instead of a phone.

• Like 1

I have also tried to stop the brochures. We get them from Oceania and Regent and every travel agent we have booked with and just can't get them stopped either.

It makes you wonder what a cruise would actually cost without so many colorful multi-page brochures each week.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rob the Cruiser said:

Changing preferences didn't work for us.

This is how I managed to stop the IRRITATING, UNWELCOME and ENVIROMENTALLY UNFRIENDLY marketing garbage which Oceania sent to me .

I called Oceania and spoke to one of their reps. They have my details on their computer. I told the Oceania rep. that I did not want their marketing brochures, etc., and if they insist on sending them to me, I would make sure I will NEVER cruise with Oceania again.  I think I also asked to raised it as an Official Complaint. That suggestion of their not getting any future business from me if they continued to annoy me , and also making an official complaint, that seemed to work! 

I haven''t got their marketing trash for ages now. 

My feeling is, like any business, they do not like:

1) The idea of losing business

2) Logging on official complaints.

You might like to try that and see.  However, if it does not happen the first time, do not give up. I would suggest call them again and make another official complaint but this time, ask to speak to a supervisor.

Edited by Cahpek