FCC new booking only?

39august

Now the wording on X's website explaining the "Cruise with Confidence" says FCC can be used for "new bookings" Has anyone cancelled today and been able to apply FCC to an existing booking? As we know Fain's press release specifically said existing bookings were covered for the FCC.  I believe that the FCC 75% in the cancel for any reason travel policy can cover existing bookings, as I  used it once a few years ago and did use it for an existing booking. I guess that will remain an option with my cruise line travel insurance. I was counting on getting the 100% back though. . 

2 hours ago, 39august said:

Now the wording on X's website explaining the "Cruise with Confidence" says FCC can be used for "new bookings" Has anyone cancelled today and been able to apply FCC to an existing booking? As we know Fain's press release specifically said existing bookings were covered for the FCC.  

If that is so, it is a change from what was originally communicated publically and to travel professionals.

I posted this Sunday on another thread.  It is from the Cruise with Confidence description on the website.

“From “Terms and Conditions”:

The FCC certificate’s value may be applied toward the cruise fare due on a new booking on the brand originally purchased.”

Edited by Oville

That may be an updated post on the  FAQ.

Our paperwork and recorded convo says new or existing Celeb sailing.

But it is not the actual certificate which of course will be the final word...for the better, we hope.  If not honored we'll use it up in a 3 or 5 day cruise in the allowed period as it is not a large  amount.  

Devil is always in the details but relieved we cancelled.  

When I cancelled on Sunday, this question was specifically posed to Celebrity by my PA and the response was an unequivocal "yes", that under the CWC policy the FCC can be applied to both new and existing bookings.

This question has been asked and answered numerous times on numerous threads, always in the positive. As @hcat says, however, the proof of the pudding will be when the FCC's and their included provisions start arriving.