Anybody getting accepted move up bids?

gizmodog

I am on the Equinox 3/14 cruise.   I put in bids for move up about 6 weeks ago and heard nothing until today.   I am booked in AQ and bid on SS, CS and RS.

Initially I looked at my bids this morning and saw that the SS and CS were showing expired while the RS was showing pending.   Knowing from past bids that this usually mean you won the bid I took off on my 3 hour walk.   About an hour later i got the formal notice of upgrade and my CC was immediately charged.     I'm happy to say the least.     I then checked the Celebrity App and initially it showed my AQ room but within seconds updated itself showing my new room.

BTW -  I don't believe they have assigned all upgrades yet as when I just looked there are still 3 RS, 4 CS and a bunch of SS.    Possibly waiting for last minute to get some higher bids.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jthans24 said:

When did you get the notification gizmo? We are on sillhoutte this Sunday also.

We have two offers expired and one pending since this morning but no notification or CC charge.

That mean you won the one that is pending.    I had the same this morning for our 4/14 cruise and was assigned my RS about 11:00.    They have to manually apply your room and charge your credit card.  

I got a notification of my room and a cc notification within 30 seconds.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

That mean you won the one that is pending.    I had the same this morning for our 4/14 cruise and was assigned my RS about 11:00.    They have to manually apply your room and charge your credit card.  

I got a notification of my room and a cc notification within 30 seconds.

Fantastic news.

in your experience, do you get a call from the suite concierge when Your winning bid is just a few days out.

thank you.

Got mine yesterday afternoon, I bid for celebrity suite, sky suite and aqua, got the sky suite (can’t say I love the location) I was in bump out veranda on 6 originally. 
I hope they don’t cancel the cruise.

question if anybody knows, will I get the premium beverage (already have classic) will I get free internet? Those are suite perks will they come with my move up.

5 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

Got mine yesterday afternoon, I bid for celebrity suite, sky suite and aqua, got the sky suite (can’t say I love the location) I was in bump out veranda on 6 originally. 

question if anybody knows, will I get the premium beverage (already have classic) will I get free internet? Those are suite perks will they come with my move up.

Not to be a Debbie downer, but I understand that you will keep your existing perks?  So don't think you have the premium beverage package. Happy to hear I'm wrong though!

Add you will be entitled to suite dining and access to Michael's club/the Retreat.

34 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

Congrats. 

Why not ask for the upgraded perks? With so many of us cancelling, maybe they will be more than happy to add those perks for you. If you used a TA, perhaps get in touch...the worst thing that could happen is that they say no. Good luck!

2 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

FYI my agent did call to ask for suite perks “no” worth a try. Would have loved free internet. Just happy to have suite and luminae 

Wow, she must have an insider number. I've heard of wait times over 3 hours!

21 hours ago, gizmodog said:

We have 500 open rooms on our cruise leaving sunday and I have put in a move up bid months ago, have heard nothing. Just wondering if they are so overwhelmed nobody is doing this on their end.

good luck.  I'd be shocked if that cruise happens.

As I understand it, you get the benefits of your new room level but you wouldn't get booking perks.

For example, you get access to the retreat, specialty restaurants in a royal suite etc. However, if the suite glass got all four perks when booking and you only got one when booking you don't get the additional perks associated with booking.

Unlimited internet and the premium package aren't included in the sky suite perks. Here is what I pulled from Celeberity suite FAQ.

Our suite experience will now include:

• Sky Suite guests can access Michael’s Club (complimentary cocktails, appetizers, and a dedicated Michael’s Club Concierge)

• Personal butler, private restaurant (Luminae), and an exclusive lounge Michael’s Club for all suite guests

• New luxurious Bulgari® bath amenities

• New daily delivery of Delectable Delights

• New Signature Suite enhancements such as: two bottles of wine or spirits, Premium Beverage Package, Unlimited Specialty Dining and so much more

What are the new benefits of Suite Class?

All Suite guests (Sky Suites and higher) have access to a new dedicated exclusive restaurant, Luminae.

All suites have access to Michael’s Club.

Signature Suites, Royal Suites, Penthouse Suites, and Reflection Suites have multiple complimentary benefits- including complimentary premium beverage package, unlimited complimentary specialty dining, unlimited internet access, and complimentary mini-bar stocked with beer, soda, and water daily.