Princess suspends all cruises for 60 days

cruisingrandy

Wow just wow. Its as if taking care of 18 ships and thousands of crew and thousands of current passengers is minor compared to the minutia of credits. they have made it Perfectly clear everyone is getting taken care of. Let them continue to take care of their employees and current passengers for bit first for crying out loud.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, newcomm said:

Princess refunded our cruise fare and Princess air in one lump sum.

Our Japan cruise on Diamond Princess was cancelled a short while ago. The cruise credit showed up on our account page within a couple of days, and the incidental charges on our credit cards a few days later. The biggest chunk (our cruise passage and Princess air booking) was mailed by check a couple weeks later.

The refund check came in one of those “tear off the edges” envelopes, and was processed by “Bottom Line,” so don’t throw it away by accident!

okay, thanks!!!!

11 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

BUT can you do the cancellation when your cruise is booked thru Travel Agency?

The form also has a box for Travel Agent to fill it out if canceled on behalf of a guest.

Even if you used a travel agent you can fill out and submit the form yourself. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

for the record bankruptcy doesnt mean they shut down a business

If CCL files for bankruptcy, what do you believe the common stock will be worth?  
Would you buy the stock now as it’s free falling, or buy when it files for bankruptcy?

With bankruptcy, will CCL stop the annual dividend?
If CCL goes bankrupt,  will FCC, FCD, and OBC still exist?

Edited by Justalone

42 minutes ago, MikeKl said:

That's good news if the rep knew what they were talking about.  I would hope the same would apply for those who have received their partial refunds.

We are in the same 'boat'...cancelled on Friday, got 50% back on CC and filled in online PVP AON insurance for the rest. Received acknowledgment that the AON request had been received.

Then today's announcement, I did as you did and filled in the online Princess form for the cruise booking number and figure they will get it to and figure it out. LUCKILY we also booked EZ Air so that is part of the whole total price and I don't have to deal with two different airlines who I'm sure are swamped too.

We will just be patient as lots of little things to question ie. our future cruise deposit we used on cancelled booking is gone and shows it has been used so that needs to be fixed. I can't imagine how stressed and overworked the Princess reps and TAs are. Meanwhile, I am just massively disappointed as our cruise was going to check off a couple of bucket list items that we may not ever get to enjoy. Oh well.*shoulder shrug*

Sad but mainly  very relieved , our Sky  Princess cruise to the Caribbean in a few weeks  has been cancelled, we were going via  Heathrow and Washington DC airports  and as they are major routes I am so relieved. We didn't have cancel for any reason policy it seems its more an American thing and we would have lost a lot of money both on flights and the cruise as we were paying for our daughters too! Hopefully once this all settles down we can all get back to our wonderful cruises again! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MikeKl said:

I wonder what will happen to people who Already cancelled but could not get 100 percent back and had to accept future cruise credits

I was on Grand Princess March 22nd. I was advised to complete forms for both sailings -- March 22nd and March 29th 

I don't think they really know just yet

Edited by Ombud

2 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

The writing of this has been on the wall for days. I knew that Princess, in offering extra OBC to people who would cruise, was doing precisely the wrong thing. Finally they are doing the right thing. As someone above said, Princess needed to save us from ourselves because of the “I’m going to cruise no matter what” mentality. 

Kudos to Princess, and also really wonderful and re-assuring to see Jan Swartz acting like a true CEO instead of making hearts with her arms. JMO

Hear hear.

Hopefully Princess will weather this storm and come out the other side stronger than ever. It just reiterates why my partner and I stay loyal. Our 28 March cruise is cancelled. We are thankful this difficult decision has been made by them. It has taken the worry off making the cancellation decision ourselves.

9 minutes ago, krbymke said:

Has anyone heard if the FCC include air if booked through Princess and excursions. Also, can the FCC be used on multiple cruises?

yes...to EZ air ad shore excursions. Don't know about multiple cruises but don't see why not.

42 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

The fine print on the earlier cancel and get an FCC, the small print said you must use it on one cruise.  I haven't seen any "fine print" on this one....so who knows?  We just took option 2 and at worst, we may have given up a 25% FCC (April cruise).  

Once the dust settles and cruising is safe, we will favor Princess because of how well they handled this.  

There is a FAQ associated with it and #6 says:

6. Can my client use their FCC to pay for more than one cruise? Yes. If the amount of your client’s credit is greater than the cruise fare of their new booking, they can apply the remaining FCC balance on additional future bookings. Your client just needs to use it before the expiration date of May 1, 2022.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jilliebean28 said:

Great decision Princess!  As disappointed as we are about our April Baltic cruise being canceled we believe Princess did the right thing!

We were right behind you on the 5/6 Sky Princess sailing. I have been sick for the last 2 weeks, but am "somewhat" grateful to have this decision made. Respect Princess for standing up and making what has had to be an extremely difficult decision. I really appreciate that they are including guests who recently had cancelled their upcoming cruise in this Refund/FCC audience. 

My heart broke as I reached out to Alla Tours today and confirmed that we were cancelling our 5 port tours. I promised them that we WILL be back! We have waited 10 years to take this cruise. We will just wait a bit longer, but our Baltic Cruise dream will happen! Stay safe everyone!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NorthwestCruiser said:

How much money would *you* loan to them right now?   My sister will probably lose her job as a teaching assistant (schools closed), would you loan her money?

This is what is happening to the world economy and why the markets are tanking.    On the plus side, China is returning to work (although I suspect they will get hit again.)

Why would someone loan 675 million to NCL?  Would you?  Someone did.

1 hour ago, BigGuy25 said:

Princess is so backed up by canceled cruises that they are way behind in the processing.  We canceled our cruise on Monday and the Personalizer today is still showing we’re booked as before!

I can't even imagine the processing nightmare that this must be! 

38 minutes ago, idahospud said:

Even if you used a travel agent you can fill out and submit the form yourself. 

Our payment is not with our credit card.  Our payment is using our Chase Ultimate Reward points, together with the 2x $100 future cruise deposit.  May be we still need to cancel thru Ultimate Reward program because the refund will go to their corporate credit card, then the $ amount will convert back to points deposited back to our account.

I know it is an extra layer but this way we saved 33.33% on the $ spent.  It would have been a very good Chase card benefit had it not for this situation.

The cruise companies will be just fine. This is a temporary situation. Financers will line up. Besides If it hasn't passed today it will very soon. There is a bail out. Personally If I had the $$$ I'd be buying all the CCL stock I could.

• Like 4

We were booked on a Princess Cruises sailing to Hawaii that is now cancelled.  Princess has suspended operations for 60 days to their credit.  But, why is Princess Cruises the only cruise line that seems to have problems with the coronavirus on their ships?  Most of the talk around coronavirus on cruise ships seems to center around Princess Cruise Line's ships.  Apparently, not even her sister line Carnival is having the problem.  It seems to be a one cruise line issue right now.  What is Princess Cruises doing differently? Could one of their ships failing a surprise health inspection be an indicator as to why they have the problem?  Could it have to do with Princess Cruises cost cutting measures over the last few years in the areas of entertainment, waiting services, and cleaning staff?  It just might be catching up with them.   These are things to think about when before booking a cruise on a Princess Cruises ship if and when they start operations again.  It is certainly something we will be thinking about.