Final,Payment Falls in the 60 Day Period

turquoisesea

First, let me congratulate Princess on making this very difficult decision.  It was truly the right thing to do.  I have read everything Princess has posted but have a question about the Final Payment date. Ours is on April 2. Although we were looking forward to this fantastic Enchanted Princess Maiden Cruise we had decided last week we would need to cancel.  However, getting through to our PCC was impossible.  I can’t see a spot online for canceling. Will it cancel automatically if I don’t pay?  Will I get my significant deposit back or can I transfer it to another cruise?  Does anyone have any thoughts on this? 

Edited by turquoisesea

1 hour ago, turquoisesea said:

First, let me congratulate Princess on making this very difficult decision.  It was truly the right thing to do.  I have read everything Princess has posted but have a question about the Final Payment date. Ours is on April 2. Although we were looking forward to this fantastic Enchanted Princess Maiden Cruise we had decided last week we would need to cancel.  However, getting through to our PCC was impossible.  I can’t see a spot online for canceling. Will it cancel automatically if I don’t pay?  Will I get my significant deposit back or can I transfer it to another cruise?  Does anyone have any thoughts on this? 

Pretty sure, if you just wait and let the cruise get cancelled due to lack of payment you'll lose whatever the refund is at final payment time. I'm too lazy to look it up.

turquoisesea-

Do you have a Travel Agent? It may be less waiting time to call them. Actually,

they are your rep if you booked with one. Sometimes, Princess will let you leave a call back number.

That may work too.

4 hours ago, crystalspin said:

E-mail your CVP -- mine is working her way through her 100+ emails. Unfortunately for me, she cancelled our cruise after reading my first email -- when I had emailed her AFTER that to say hold off until closer to the new Final Payment!

Unfortunately I’ve only dealt with her by phone. I’ll check my email and see if my confirmations have her address.  Thank you!

1 hour ago, paradiselivin1 said:

You may want to wait a few more things until things die down a bit as I'm sure the phone lines are jammed and you have plenty of time to cancel. You should definitely cancel to get the refund.

I definitely need to get my 10% deposit back. I’ll try to find get thru to my PCC next week.  Thanks for your input. 

5 hours ago, crystalspin said:

E-mail your CVP -- mine is working her way through her 100+ emails. Unfortunately for me, she cancelled our cruise after reading my first email -- when I had emailed her AFTER that to say hold off until closer to the new Final Payment!

Read the Princess document linked below. It's okay if one has already cancelled their cruise - within a certain time frame of course. The linked document contains lots of information including what I have italicized below.

https://www.princess.com/news/pdfs/voluntary-60-day-pause-of-global-ship-operations.pdf

I already cancelled one of the affected cruises. Can I switch to the higher value Future Cruise Credit? Yes, if you cancelled one of the affected cruises between Feb 4 and Mar 11, 2020 and were already inside Final Payment, you are eligible to receive Option 1 in the table above. To receive this updated offer, you will need to pay us the original cruise or cruisetour fare on your booking first so you should contact our customer relations team. Owing to anticipated high call volumes, we ask you to defer until March 18.

• Like 1