2 room guarantee question

fd851

I agree with the poster above, but for what it's worth, we just had two guarantee balcony cabins assigned for our sailing next week and they are right next to each other.   Previously for this cruise we had two guarantee inside cabins and they were assigned very close to one another.  (Back before all of the cancellations.)     With many open cabins it was easy for them to stick us side by side and they did.   If the cruise was full, we'd hope for the best and anticipate the worst.

We booked two GTY balcony cabins on the Anthem last September and I spoke to a RCI rep who told me that the cabin selection is done by a computer randomly. As "Ourusualbeach" stated above though you can call once the cabins are assigned and see if there are closer rooms withing the category. In our case the ship was pretty full so we had no choice. In fact one cabin was assigned weeks before the second one was. We ended up on the same floor but one cabin in the front of the ship and one in the back. Either way we were happy for the cabins we got for the $$$ paid.

Good luck and have a great cruise!!!

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Last Christmas we did CP balcony guarantees.  Deck 20 and deck 12 opposite sIdes of the ship.  There were at least half a dozen cabins that were side by side available. Luckily it was assigned early and I was able to move cabins. 

Wow, Deck 20?  LOL

(Fat fingers for the win!)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fd851 said:

Does anyone know (preferably by experience) if you book 2 guarantee cabins does RCCL pay any attention to trying to keep them close to one another?

My son and I booked guarantee cabins and requested to be next to or close to each other. We were assigned cabins as far away from each other as you can get. Changing cabins was not possible because we received our cabin assignments just a week before the cruise and there were no other cabins that we could possibly change to.