Oceania suspends operations

Charles4515

32 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Most cruises start in June   not sure  Europe will be virus free by then   but for those that want to take a chance  & be stressed out maybe a good deal

JMO

Not worth the risk and the stress.  Can always go a year from now. 

• Like 2

I would be very skeptical of their "St. Patrick's Day Sale".  I fell for the President's Day Sale and realized later it was false advertising.  There was no free O Life Choice and the 4 category upgrade was very limited.  I wouldn't book anything now anyway. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

Be careful of wishing your life away.....

See post 56

You have got this very wrong.  Not wishing my life away but extending it. Do not want to do something foolish and possibly end it. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

I would be very skeptical of their "St. Patrick's Day Sale".  I fell for the President's Day Sale and realized later it was false advertising.  There was no free O Life Choice and the 4 category upgrade was very limited.  I wouldn't book anything now anyway. 

Well  Kiddo......guess again.   In the words of Rahm Emenuael (sp)  " Never let a tragedy go to waste"

I  had my agent check on a cruise I booked for end of September... in a B#3  and was able to get a PH#3 for $400! more !!!!!   

So amigos, there are real deals to be had.  It is real and they are dealing.

10997014_1377215442596347_2257435853580723092_n.jpg

Edited by Hawaiidan

I’m in the UK and booked on the Regatta 15th June Seattle-Seattle. Our first cruise, 3 years in the planning and celebrating  our 30th wedding anniversary. 2021’s schedule doesn’t work for us, so 2022 maybe. Paid the final balance and already chosen and paid for the excursions. Nothing on the O website apart from 100% refund credit, which isn’t really a refund. Booked via Trailfinders so I’ll see what they say, wouldn’t have thought O have option but to cancel but I’m a newbie at this and some of the posts worry me...

What a global nightmare and disaster for everyone - especially those whose livelihoods depends on the tourist. 

I had wondered if they could skip the Canadian stop. Didn’t know about the foreign flag / foreign country rule. 

4 minutes ago, DJP31 said:

I’m in the UK and booked on the Regatta 15th June Seattle-Seattle. Our first cruise, 3 years in the planning and celebrating  our 30th wedding anniversary. 2021’s schedule doesn’t work for us, so 2022 maybe. Paid the final balance and already chosen and paid for the excursions. Nothing on the O website apart from 100% refund credit, which isn’t really a refund. Booked via Trailfinders so I’ll see what they say, wouldn’t have thought O have option but to cancel but I’m a newbie at this and some of the posts worry me...

What a global nightmare and disaster for everyone - especially those whose livelihoods depends on the tourist. 

I had wondered if they could skip the Canadian stop. Didn’t know about the foreign flag / foreign country rule. 

IT is  us law that a foreign port must be had if sailing between US ports....  so no can do if Canada closes the door.....

Edited by Hawaiidan

11 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

If you delay a trip to avoid stress and the new trip never happens because you pop off, -

Who loses?

Did not know that you were smarter than the CDC and the State Dept. and all the other experts that say that we should not cruise until this is over. Too bad that you are the only one who thinks so.  Good luck and hope you do not get sick. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

IT is  us law that a foreign port must be had if sailing between US ports....  so no can do if Canada closes the door.....

As I now know... and that must be the nail in the coffin. I’m a little surprised there’s nothing on the O website, early days perhaps but reading some of the comments here haven’t filled me with confidence on O’s customer relations. 

8 minutes ago, DJP31 said:

As I now know... and that must be the nail in the coffin. I’m a little surprised there’s nothing on the O website, early days perhaps but reading some of the comments here haven’t filled me with confidence on O’s customer relations. 

Do not be too upset.....everyone is getting hit and we all need to be calm and patient with each other.  In the mean time head up to the Lake District...Miller Howe and hang at the lake stress free from the home counties.....

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DJP31 said:

what else do you want to hear.....I mean this is ridiculous....all cruises are canceled....there are people sick all over the world and  "O" has I'm sure their entire company working on getting hundreds of passengers home safely....So what do you want to know....when the next sale will be....Crazy....but maybe it's just me! They didn't cause the virus but they surely have their hands full with trying to deal with it.....I think they know their priority!

Edited by eldaradoe
  • Like 1

Do not be too upset.....everyone is getting hit and we all need to be calm and patient with each other.  In the mean time head up to the Lake District...Miller Howe and hang at the lake stress free from the home counties.....

The Lakes are lovely I agree. I’m fine, I feel more for the locals, I’ve just come back from Tenerife and the economy there has been devastated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawaiidan said:

I saw in Tahiti when Renissance went belly up they threw a big beach party and all passengers were taken there, out of sight of the ship. As soon as the last passenger left the ship sailed off...   We on the Marina had to ferry these hunderds to Tahiti  where one by one they were allowed to go on the ship and get their luggage.    Regent had about 40 empty cabins and offered then at a super discount back to LA.   Hundreds were left to fend for them selves.  It took weeks to get home I was told.............     History can repeat with new players

My goodness   what are you smoking ??😲

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

Can you clarify   what you mean by  "No O Life choice" ?

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

Hey

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Well  I was there and saw it first hand.... THAT is what happened   they left their passengers on the beach and sailed into Tahiti   from Moorea   actually 2 ships held at a Tahitian pier under guard.      And I dont smoke.....do you?

3 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

I saw in Tahiti when Renissance went belly up they threw a big beach party and all passengers were taken there, out of sight of the ship. As soon as the last passenger left the ship sailed off...   We on the Marina had to ferry these hunderds to Tahiti  where one by one they were allowed to go on the ship and get their luggage.    Regent had about 40 empty cabins and offered then at a super discount back to LA.   Hundreds were left to fend for them selves.  It took weeks to get home I was told.............     History can repeat with new players

Are you sure about all of this? When Renaissance went belly up there was no Marina (for many years yet).

• Haha 1

Paul mentioned early on that there is a 90 day wait for refunds which is far longer than people from the cancelled Asia cruises.  I also noticed they were given full refund and 25 % FCC while we have different offer.  Plus I didn't see any mention about airfare.  Does anyone know if airfare or changes are being compensated?  Why the different treatment of O's passengers depending on where we were going?  Our cruises were all cancelled for the same reason.

2 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Are you sure about all of this? When Renaissance went belly up there was no Marina (for many years yet).

I was on the Marina...Raddison,at the time  soon to become  Regent later.   And  yes it was a real  eye opener..  They did maroon their passengers and sail off into receivership......... They could not believe it... and  I heard no one got $$$ because the company was bankrupt.....    

2 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

I was on the Marina...Raddison,at the time  soon to become  Regent later.   And  yes it was a real  eye opener..  They did maroon their passengers and sail off into receivership......... They could not believe it... and  I heard no one got $$$ because the company was bankrupt.....    

are you saying the Seven Seas Mariner

• Like 1

I guess you meant Radisson but wrote Renaissance?