125% FCC used after Final Payment

I thought I would share in case anyone is wondering about using your FCC.  We were set to sail B2B this week and next on Harmony of the Seas, so with Royal cancelling we will be receiving the 125% FCC.  

I called Royal to book another cruise May 31st this morning aboard Oasis out of Cape Liberty because the prices are incredible but I was concerned I wouldn’t be able to use the FCC since we are past the final payment date.  We were advised (and the call recorded) that we will be able to apply our FCC once issued to this new cruise booking and we will be refunded our money back to original payment even though we are after final payment.

Now here’s hoping everything is cleared and we’re back sailing again in 75 days 😬

• Like 2

Thank you for this post. Basically did the same exact thing, except oasis july 4 sailing.Prices are very good, so I jumped on it as well. Hope I didn't make a mistake and book before I had the FCC.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone actually been able to successfully do this?  I would like to apply our FCC to a new cruise in August but don't want to book that new cruise (and possibly make final payment), unless I know I can apply the FCC to the booking (even if final payment is made), getting a refund in the amount of the FCC.

Thanks,

Dan

I talked to my travel agent today because I wanted to use my FCC for a summer cruise, when hopefully we can go out again, but they told me the same thing. The credit is not there yet and I would have to pay out the money first and be refunded, but I'm just not willing to lay out more money, and frankly I can't afford to.  My cruise was one of the first cancelled in March (and we were on one already too which is supposed to be a 100% refund-I haven't received either yet and don't expect to for 90 days from my trip sailing date.) Haha about the 7days they told me about onboard.

On 3/15/2020 at 10:56 AM, Pianogrl44 said:

I called Royal to book another cruise May 31st this morning aboard Oasis out of Cape Liberty 

Now here’s hoping everything is cleared and we’re back sailing again in 75 days 😬

Who was it posted regarding may cruises that they have 2 chances of happening, slim and none and slim just left the room.

There are ships still out there who cant get pax offloaded. Last I heard about the HAL ship about 70 with symptoms will remain until they are clear, and that's weeks from now. 

Not to mention ships like liberty and oasis reporting sick crew onboard. At best they have to remove crew or wait until they are healthy and clean ships top to bottom.

Why bother? Unless you just want to roll over fcc, then it makes sense to loan royal money. It's a gamble I'd take. Just curious. I'd book but with the expectation of more fcc. 

Edited by firefly333

24 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Can FCC be applied to port fees, taxes, and prepaid gratuities, specifically after final payment has been made?

Thanks,

Dan

FCC cannot be applied to port fees or prepaid tips

However if you were among the last bunch cancelled and had prepaids you can get 125% obc you can apply to tips and excursions etc

27 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Who was it posted regarding may cruises that they have 2 chances of happening, slim and none and slim just left the room.

There are ships still out there who cant get pax offloaded. Last I heard about the HAL ship about 70 with symptoms will remain until they are clear, and that's weeks from now. 

Not to mention ships like liberty and oasis reporting sick crew onboard. At best they have to remove crew or wait until they are healthy and clean ships top to bottom.

Why bother? Unless you just want to roll over fcc, then it makes sense to loan royal money. It's a gamble I'd take. Just curious. I'd book but with the expectation of more fcc. 

That was me you quoted and it was from a comment I made on March 15th.  Clearly things have drastically changed since then and we have no plans on cruising in May.  There is no way cruise ships will be up and running normally and with our family being Canadian, I doubt the borders will even be open in order for us to travel.

3 minutes ago, Pianogrl44 said:

That was me you quoted and it was from a comment I made on March 15th.  Clearly things have drastically changed since then and we have no plans on cruising in May.  There is no way cruise ships will be up and running normally and with our family being Canadian, I doubt the borders will even be open in order for us to travel.

I thought it was cleverly written without being offensive. Knew I read it here someone. Good one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

FCC cannot be applied to port fees or prepaid tips

However if you were among the last bunch cancelled and had prepaids you can get 125% obc you can apply to tips and excursions etc

Thank you

-Dan

• Like 1