Cancelled my Princess cruise - Need advice

PCWalton1

Hi

I had a May 2 cruise booked on Royal Princess. I made the booking through a big box T/A. You can't get through to them over the phone but in their recording they gave a link to a form that I filled out to cancel. At the time I cancelled I should be getting 50% refund and 50% FFC. 

My concern is I think the booking was paid on my debit card and last month I lost that card and was issued a new one. So my concern is they will try to send the refund to the old card and it will not go through.

Any advice as to what I should do? Should I just wait and see?

thanks

Contact your bank and ask if the number of the old card is linked to your new card within their system.  Cannot speak to debit cards specifically, but in the past when I had a re-issued credit card due to number theft, an issued refund was automatically transferred to my new card.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, PCWalton1 said:

Hi

I had a May 2 cruise booked on Royal Princess. I made the booking through a big box T/A. You can't get through to them over the phone but in their recording they gave a link to a form that I filled out to cancel. At the time I cancelled I should be getting 50% refund and 50% FFC. 

My concern is I think the booking was paid on my debit card and last month I lost that card and was issued a new one. So my concern is they will try to send the refund to the old card and it will not go through.

thanks

They will still connect the accounts through the old card.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, PCWalton1 said:

Hi

thanks

Are you sure that is all you should be getting back?  Looks like you should be getting 100% refund with 25% bonus future cruise credit based on your cruise date.  

Your Departure Date in 2020 Option 1: Higher Value Option 2: Lower Value March 12 - March 25 "100% refund as future cruise credit + 125% bonus future cruise credit" "100% refund + 100% future cruise credit " March 26 - April 8 "100% refund as future cruise credit + 75% bonus future cruise credit" "100% refund + 50% future cruise credit " April 9 - May 10 "100% refund as future cruise credit + 50% bonus future cruise credit" "100% refund + 25% future cruise credit"

Also, I had a problem with a credit card that was replaced and when the refund went back to my old card, it looked as though it was lost out in space somewhere for months.  I was finally able to correct the problem with the credit card company.  Both were Amex cards but through different banks but, they were able to track it down and apply it to the new card.  It does help if you can pull up your account information on the original charge online so you can include that information to whomever is trying to help you fix this.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Are you sure that is all you should be getting back?  Looks like you should be getting 100% refund with 25% bonus future cruise credit based on your cruise date.  

Your Departure Date in 2020 Option 1: Higher Value Option 2: Lower Value March 12 - March 25 "100% refund as future cruise credit + 125% bonus future cruise credit" "100% refund + 100% future cruise credit " March 26 - April 8 "100% refund as future cruise credit + 75% bonus future cruise credit" "100% refund + 50% future cruise credit " April 9 - May 10 "100% refund as future cruise credit + 50% bonus future cruise credit" "100% refund + 25% future cruise credit"

Also, I had a problem with a credit card that was replaced and when the refund went back to my old card, it looked as though it was lost out in space somewhere for months.  I was finally able to correct the problem with the credit card company.  Both were Amex cards but through different banks but, they were able to track it down and apply it to the new card.  It does help if you can pull up your account information on the original charge online so you can include that information to whomever is trying to help you fix this.  

I cancelled back on the 9th before they implemented this. 😪

3 minutes ago, PCWalton1 said:

deleted - but was gonna post something about the policy if you cancelled after sometime in January, but dunno the exact terms, dates - my fact-checkers will respond as necessary 

6 minutes ago, voljeep said:

deleted - but was gonna post something about the policy if you cancelled after sometime in January, but dunno the exact terms, dates - my fact-checkers will respond as necessary 

You knew we'd be on it ... hahaha!!  

From the Princess website ....

"Guests who were booked and final paid as of February 4th, 2020 for cancelled voyages which were inside final payment at the time the booking cancelled are eligible for Option 1."

Looks like it depends if the 50% / 50% between the cash back and the FCC vs a higher amount of FCC is worth it for the OP.  FYI ... some of the charges will automatically come back as cash in either case.  

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, PCWalton1 said:

doesn't matter when you cancelled...I cancelled Mar 6 for an April 19 cruise and the rules apply to me....unless you mean FEB 9

Just now, remydiva said:

doesn't matter when you cancelled...I cancelled Mar 6 for an April 19 cruise and the rules apply to me....unless you mean FEB 9

March 9th, but I still don't know how I would chose between the two options. 

1 minute ago, PCWalton1 said:

March 9th, but I still don't know how I would chose between the two options. 

For those who already had cruises booked in the distance future but not paid, then Option 1 makes sense as you can 'pay' for your cruise using Princess FCC.

For me, I have no other cruises booked and as hubby is in the at risk population, not sure what the future holds for us so I took Option 2 (a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush plus 25% FCC)

Just my opinion.

1 minute ago, remydiva said:

For those who already had cruises booked in the distance future but not paid, then Option 1 makes sense as you can 'pay' for your cruise using Princess FCC.

For me, I have no other cruises booked and as hubby is in the at risk population, not sure what the future holds for us so I took Option 2 (a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush plus 25% FCC)

Just my opinion.

We are planning to book May 1st 2021 out of here in Seattle but honestly either option works. I just don't know how to tell anyone which option we want, 

2 hours ago, PCWalton1 said:

Hi

thanks

The exact same thing happened to me when I cancelled my cruise and AA tickets because we too got a new credit card. When I saw the credit went to old card I freaked out and called citicard. The account is linked to old number and credit showed up on new cards statement. Don’t worry!

5 minutes ago, PCWalton1 said:

We are planning to book May 1st 2021 out of here in Seattle but honestly either option works. I just don't know how to tell anyone which option we want, 

fill in the online form found here scroll down...one form per booking number so make sure you have that number.

https://princess.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3IPGcxcN0jSk6c5

37 minutes ago, PCWalton1 said:

Not sure if there is any way I can choose between the options as I can't contact anyone. The booking is no longer on my T/A site or my Princess site. If I could choose I would take option one 

Go to princess website https://princess.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3IPGcxcN0jSk6c5

You need your booking number to tell Princess what option you want.  We used a TA for one of our Princess cruises and used this for both.  Just waiting for the refund

Edited by topspot

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2020 at 3:34 PM, Cruise Raider said:

You knew we'd be on it ... hahaha!!  

From the Princess website ....

"Guests who were booked and final paid as of February 4th, 2020 for cancelled voyages which were inside final payment at the time the booking cancelled are eligible for Option 1."

Looks like it depends if the 50% / 50% between the cash back and the FCC vs a higher amount of FCC is worth it for the OP.  FYI ... some of the charges will automatically come back as cash in either case.  

Can you show me the link where this is posted? And someone posted a chart showing it. I need help finding that.

59 minutes ago, dog said:

Can you show me the link where this is posted? And someone posted a chart showing it. I need help finding that.

https://www.princess.com/news/pdfs/voluntary-60-day-pause-of-global-ship-operations.pdf

here is the link to that statement ... you can find it right under ‘The Fine Print’ header.  

• Thanks 1