What is your favorite Holland America itinerary?

CptBoatface

20 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Although we love the long, over three week cruises in the Med, we were blown away by the circumnavigation of Japan last spring during cherry blossom time.  The people and sites were amazing and it was just enough out of our comfort zone to make it totally memorable.   

image.png.6d439def15c4a0eed0354c175b36a0af.png

• Like 1

@cruisemom42   Sorry!  I really do feel your pain, and actually hesitated posting about Japan.    Hopefully in the not too distant future!  

I actually just read a good article on grief and loss and disappointment in cancelling trips.  I know compared to what is happening to many it pales in comparison, but the loss is still real.  And so is my empathy!   Ironically, when this was just beginning in late January we had to cut short a trip for other reasons.   Hard not to be bummed!  I am actually not sure our fall bucket list cruise to French Polynesia is going to go.   And we have attempted this one a few times but life always seems to intervene.   

So I hope to visit Japan again during fall colours, and maybe the holy land next year! 

#1 HAL itinerary for us would have to be our 40 day repo last fall from Vancouver to Auckland on the Noordam, with the #2 itinerary being the 14 day rt Alaska cruise out of Seattle (love it so much we've done it twice on Amsterdam, once on Statendam).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We were lucky enough to sail on the Prinsendam to the Black Sea followed by the Holy Land.  Outstanding cruise!  Fall of 2014, and our first Prinsendam cruise.  We were hooked!

I think that's the one we did, Oct 2014 Black Sea, Holy Land and then we stayed on for the Trans Atlantic, small world. Jacqui (kazu) did the M&G if you were part of the roll call.

4 hours ago, ski ww said:

I think that's the one we did, Oct 2014 Black Sea, Holy Land and then we stayed on for the Trans Atlantic, small world. Jacqui (kazu) did the M&G if you were part of the roll call.

Yes, that's the one.  We were trying out new cruise lines that year, so we got off that first HAL cruise and got on the Celebrity Constellation next day for their TransAtlantic.  We liked the Prinsendam so much we wished we'd stayed on board her instead!  Turns out the Celebrity ship couldn't make it into Civitavecchia due to high winds there, so they transported everyone to Naples to board instead.  I admit Celebrity did a fantastic job in that unusual event getting buses scheduled within hours of the decision, removing guests from the ship to the airport, and picking up new passengers both at the Civi port and Rome airport.  But we did not like the ship and food at all, so have never gone back to Celebrity again.  Probably ought to give them another chance, but not in the near future obviously.  Cruising has to wait for a while for better times.