for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

17 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Thanks for the suggestions all.  I'll look around.

melody - sorry 'bout the metal allergy.  my one neice has it, too.  have you tried surgical steel?  

Cool and rainy today - from upper 70s on Friday to the lower 40s today.  Gotta love Spring in the mountains!

hey,  some TJ's suggestions;  in the Frozen section, the Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal bites.  If anyone likes that kind of oatmeal, the bites are a nice breakfast or snack.  10 minutes in the air fryer and ready to go!  

OOTD:  joggers and a Tshirt - not going anywhere today.

I’m allergic to surgical steel too

12 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

So I just HAD to take a look at the Flyer and ended up making a list! I just hope everything is in stock. Thanks, Cynthia, found some good “stuff”.

Kat, will ad the oatmeal bites to the list. Sounds good,

So much goodness at TJ's yesterday....  Although I still couldn't find the chicken and arugula salad. Sigh.

I did get my Bamba fix (both types -- the peanut and the ones with the hazelnut filling). Also got some of the truffle aioli to try. No spicy Mango juice, but I got some of my favorite summer organic pink lemonade. They also had "pink lemonade" Joe-Joes so I also got a box to try. I'm a sucker for citrus flavors in summer. 

I love felafel, and I love dill flavoring, so of course I had to try their featured dill pickle felafel. I really can't imagine, so I think I'm going to have to try them tonight. Also got some tzaziki to go with.  Oh, and for Kat, they have pineapple salsa back in stock too. I haven't been able to find it in a while...but there it was.

There was much more besides -- I had one of those "holy crap" moments at the register. I'll let you know if anything else stands out.

• Like 1

I forgot to say: FREAKIN' SNOW!!! Got up at 7 this morning to find white stuff on the trees and grass.  And, it's total cement - my young aspens are bent over from the weight of the snow.  Not  big total - maybe 2 or 3" but it's staying on the grass and rooftops.  Ugh.

I have to go down to SLC on the 7th to visit an ENT about my coughing.  I'll have to do another TJ's run then to see if I can find the salsa.   Warning - the hazelnut Bomba is highly addictive.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

So much goodness at TJ's yesterday....  Although I still couldn't find the chicken and arugula salad. Sigh.

I did get my Bamba fix (both types -- the peanut and the ones with the hazelnut filling). Also got some of the truffle aioli to try. No spicy Mango juice, but I got some of my favorite summer organic pink lemonade. They also had "pink lemonade" Joe-Joes so I also got a box to try. I'm a sucker for citrus flavors in summer. 

I love felafel, and I love dill flavoring, so of course I had to try their featured dill pickle felafel. I really can't imagine, so I think I'm going to have to try them tonight. Also got some tzaziki to go with.  Oh, and for Kat, they have pineapple salsa back in stock too. I haven't been able to find it in a while...but there it was.

There was much more besides -- I had one of those "holy crap" moments at the register. I'll let you know if anything else stands out.

Cynthia, you got some good stuff and some of your items are on my list too. Need to plan a morning trip to TJ’s as that’s when ours is well stocked  I am hoping that the Saturn peached will be in stock. Love them!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I forgot to say: FREAKIN' SNOW!!! Got up at 7 this morning to find white stuff on the trees and grass.  And, it's total cement - my young aspens are bent over from the weight of the snow.  Not  big total - maybe 2 or 3" but it's staying on the grass and rooftops.  Ugh.

I have to go down to SLC on the 7th to visit an ENT about my coughing.  I'll have to do another TJ's run then to see if I can find the salsa.   Warning - the hazelnut Bomba is highly addictive.

SNOW, I guess that puts a damper on some planned Memorial Day celebrations.

I just love Aspens. Hope yours survive without damage. I will always remember a fall trip thru’ the Rockies and seeing the mountain sides covered with Aspen gold and Pine green. 

Still hoping to find some hazelnut bombas……..

• Like 1

Hope all of you are having a good day. Do any of you recall how long Debbie and hubby are supposed to be away? I hope she is having a good time, relaxing and is feeling ok. Seems like she has been away for a long while now.

And yes, snow?.............my a/c is now on all the time😲

• Like 1

Hi Lois, i too have been thinking about Debbie and hoping she is doing ok. I think her cruise has ended and I hope that she had an amazing time. I also hopes she joins in and brings us up to date. I miss her posts

Quiet day over here. Going to bbq as soon as coals are ready. Did order a few things. Some good deals out there. 

Sharon

• Like 1

Hi Sharon, hopefully she will check in with us.

I just watched the movie about Julia Child on CNN. It was really, really good and I learned a lot about her that was all new to me. If anyone gets the chance to see it, I highly recommend it.😀

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sharon, hopefully she will check in with us.

I just watched the movie about Julia Child on CNN. It was really, really good and I learned a lot about her that was all new to me. If anyone gets the chance to see it, I highly recommend it.😀

As I thought, it was the same one I watched on the flight to London -- but I enjoyed it so much that I still watched it again.

• Like 2

I totally forgot about "Julia".  I'll have to catch up on it.

EEK!  My August just got really busy.  My old group of BFFs are trying to plan our annual get-together.  i was really hoping they'd do early September but noooooooo.  As of today here's my August:

fly  CDG-SLC 8/5

nurse practitioner visit 8/9

hair stylist 8/11noon

fly SLC-LAX 8/11 PM or 8/12

Time with BFFs

fly LAX-SLC 8/16

fly SLC-PIT or DCA 8/18

grand niece's wedding 8/20

fly PIT or DCA-SLC 8/22

fall on sofa and not get up...

• Like 3

@slidergirl That sounds exhausting. You're gonna need a vacation from your vacations.

I just got over covid. I've been extremely careful in public because of my chronic lung disease. When I first became symptomatic, I immediately narrowed my two public maskless places to the (socially distanced) rink and my work "employee appreciation event" the day before skating.  After 2.5 years, I caught covid *at freaking work*. We had 25% of the OR staff out across two weeks post-event. No idea how the numbers were across the building. And yep, I'm vaccinated X3. Plan the second booster in July.  My symptoms weren't terrible--low grade fever, muscle aches, loss of appetite, and a wicked cough. I only felt bad for a couple of days. I feel completely healed now. Luckily, my husband did not catch it.

Coincidentally, I had a pre-scheduled appointment with my pulmonologist a week after I tested positive. My lungs are functioning as well as they were pre-pandemic. I feel pretty lucky.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PurpleHays said:

Coincidentally, I had a pre-scheduled appointment with my pulmonologist a week after I tested positive. My lungs are functioning as well as they were pre-pandemic. I feel pretty lucky.

So sorry to hear you got COVID but it is wonderful to hear this, at least. One of the scarier things (to me) about COVID is not exactly knowing what course the infection will take and what kind of damage may show up afterwards (or even later on).

I have to admit I have gotten fairly lax about masking as it seems to have become an extinct practice in many places. But today when I was about to get into the elevator at my condo, the other person (somewhat elderly) who was waiting was masked and then, when the elevator door opened asked that I wait for the next elevator as he was concerned about COVID. I said "of course" but felt kinda bad about not having my mask on. So many people forget that masking isn't just to protect yourself but to protect others. 

• Like 2

Wow Kat, that a lot of traveling and a lot of visits to/thru SLC! Hope none of those flights are on the smaller jets that use the “south 40” and involve a bus ride. Other than that situation, it’s an OK airport. I think I liked the old airport better. On the plus side you are going to have a lot of wonderful memories and I know we will be looking forward to reading about them.

PH, so sorry to hear that you caught Covid but glad you are feeling better and that your lungs are OK.

Cynthia, I too worry about how serious a case one might get and also the long Covid thing. This is why I am still masking in enclosed spaces. I have even gotten off elevators rather than ride with an unmasked person. Yes, I am boosted but still am very careful. One of our neighbors recently had Covid and it affected his kidneys to the point that he is now on dialysis 3 times a week for the rest of his life. Pretty scary!

Lois, I watched a little of Julia before I was interrupted so “darn”!

Sharon

Edited by purduemom1
  • Like 1

PH - so sorry you came down with COVID.  The one saving grace is that you sound like you have a "mild" case.  But, still take care and be mindful of any possible long COVID issues.   My county went back up to the 'high transmission' stage the past month, so I'm still mindful of masking.  I still have LC issues and I just want it all to go away.

Yep, my schedule is BUSY.  SLC is my home airport - it's a 40 minute drive.   I haven't gone to the "new" airport yet.  Haven't heard much good about it from the locals - we all loved our airport.  It was easy access and you could make a 15 minute connection without a problem.  I guess I'll find out soon!!

As usual, the girls' trip has already fallen into dissarray.  Now, the DH owner of the house we're supposed to stay at doesn't want us to be there any Fri-Mon because he has to work and wants to be home (he is going to stay elsewhere when we're there).  So that messes things up.  No way I'm flying out there for one day if it's a midweek trip unless it gets moved to the end of August.  Sigh.  I told one I'm just going to sit back and see what happens.  The "cat herding" has begun!

ootd;  i've got to go out today and the temp will be mid-50s, so jeans and a long sleeve T will be the dress of the day.  And, the hi-tops of course...

• Like 1

The earrings arrived today.  I wanted to show everything put together for the wedding.There isn't a way to take a good photo of the dress - it's a coccoon bottom so what you see is actually the back, the front is a few inches shorter.  The hat is my Arlo hat. The shot with the earrings is when I put them in the middle of the dress.  I'm still deciding on necklaces...

IMG_0971.JPG

IMG_0974.JPG

• Like 4

PH, also so sorry to read you got covid but glad you are ok.

Kat, those earrings are so very pretty! Love the colors🙂

Sharon, I bet CNN will repeat the JULIA movie..........maybe you will be able to eventually watch it.

• Like 3

Kat, I understand that the walk from security to gates is long but since we only transit thru SLC, I can’t say for sure. If your flight leaves from A gates you will avoid the tunnel that also adds to walking time.  The SLC app might help out. Been thru SLC 6 times since last May and just not a fan.  

Love, love the earrings and they certainly compliment your dress/outfit. Should be perfect for an August wedding.

3 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Kat, I understand that the walk from security to gates is long but since we only transit thru SLC, I can’t say for sure. If your flight leaves from A gates you will avoid the tunnel that also adds to walking time.  The SLC app might help out. Been thru SLC 6 times since last May and just not a fan.  

Love, love the earrings and they certainly compliment your dress/outfit. Should be perfect for an August wedding.

Well, lately the flight to CDG has been leaving from A17.   I usually get to the airport early and grab a beverage and snack at the SkyClub before getting on the plane.   The tunnel is going to become a tram line at some point, but for now people have to make that LONG walk.

32 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Well, lately the flight to CDG has been leaving from A17.   I usually get to the airport early and grab a beverage and snack at the SkyClub before getting on the plane.   The tunnel is going to become a tram line at some point, but for now people have to make that LONG walk.

Didn’t know about the tram line. . There is a golf cart style shuttle that runs back and forth in the temporary tunnel. Holds maybe 4 or so people depending on luggage. Honestly it goes soooo slooowly that walking is faster. Pretty much for those with mobility issues. 

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

I used to love SLC airport. Doesn’t sound like I’d enjoy it much now

It used to be a really good airport for connections.  The ground staff has always been good at keeping the airport operating in bad weather (except the bad fog/inversion - nothing helps that).  I guess we'll see what happens as the expansion keeps building.  

They put those golf carts into service because too many people were complaining about that walk through the tunnel.  

• Like 1

Hi girls, just got my 2nd booster shot. Figured I would get it and be done, especially since I am flying out the country on 6/25😃. My first booster was back in November..........where has the the gone?😲

• Like 6

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

It used to be a really good airport for connections.  The ground staff has always been good at keeping the airport operating in bad weather (except the bad fog/inversion - nothing helps that).  I guess we'll see what happens as the expansion keeps building.  

They put those golf carts into service because too many people were complaining about that walk through the tunnel.  

I’ve only seen 2 in use at a time and with the very limited capacity and the very slow speed, they really aren’t helping much. There are moving sidewalks and that helps if one walks while using them. Otherwise just have to hope you have the time. 

I read that the new tunnel will be shorter and will be located in the center of A and B  when the B gates are completed. So my take is there will still be a LOT of walking and a need to allow enough time to reach a gate. Could be a problem for connecting flights with short “legal” connections. Going from the end of one concourse, thru the tunnel and then to the end of the other concourse will be daunting, in my opinion.

The new concourses have many restrooms and some good restaurant choices but there often isn’t enough seating at a gate. The “bus gates” are crammed into the end of B, not enough seating and many are confused as to which door/gate to use, especially when your flight shows a gate that doesn’t exist. Yep happened on our last trip thru there. Overall, as I said, just not a fan. However, t think my perspective would be different if I only started or ended flights at SMC.Most likely it’s not much different time and distance wise that most large airports.

Edited by purduemom1