for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

lois - have a great time!!  

About Our place - the plates and bowls stack nicely and easily. i didn't buy the large plates since my existing Dansk stuff has the rust in it so they kind of match.  The Midi size plates are fine for myself.  The Demi bowls make really good pasta and salad bowls.  And the 25% off sale isn't bad, either.  

• Like 1

Kat, thanks for telling us about your architecture iPhone class. We had a great time wandering around taking pictures. The instructor was fabulous. He wanted us to bring a photo (on our phone) that showed architectural or item placement. That was fun. It was just Les & I. We’ve signed up for portrait & editing (same instructor) in the next couple of weeks. Free class, I’d have paid for this one. Melody

• Like 2

Sitting in the airport in Amsterdam waiting for next flight to Budapest.  So far, trip has gone smoothly, no problems with flights.

Thanks for the Tessalon suggestion, Melody, I will talk to my doctor about it  if is still a problem when I get home.  I did not cough at all yesterday until I buckled into my seat on the first flight, then I coughed incessantly for about 5 min. The man seated next to me put his mask on😂. No more coughing after that until second flight.

Hope things are going well for Lois!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Hi girls, I am sitting in the United Polaris Lounge at Newark Airport. My flight for Quebec is not till 1:30. It is nice in here. Free food and drinks and a nice atmosphere. And they have staff that is constantly cleaning.

Sounds like Sherri made it ok.

Hope all of you have a good weekend😀

• Like 2

17 hours ago, awhfy said:

Kat, thanks for telling us about your architecture iPhone class. We had a great time wandering around taking pictures. The instructor was fabulous. He wanted us to bring a photo (on our phone) that showed architectural or item placement. That was fun. It was just Les & I. We’ve signed up for portrait & editing (same instructor) in the next couple of weeks. Free class, I’d have paid for this one. Melody

I'm so happy you enjoyed the class!   I'm thinking most of these classes are very small, which makes it a great experience.  I have to sign up for the portrait & editing class for November - the last chance I'll be able to really do classes since I start for Winter season on Dec 2.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Sitting in the airport in Amsterdam waiting for next flight to Budapest.  So far, trip has gone smoothly, no problems with flights.

Thanks for the Tessalon suggestion, Melody, I will talk to my doctor about it  if is still a problem when I get home.  I did not cough at all yesterday until I buckled into my seat on the first flight, then I coughed incessantly for about 5 min. The man seated next to me put his mask on😂. No more coughing after that until second flight.

Hope things are going well for Lois!

Sherri🙂

A good number of COVID folks have acquired GERD (aka silent heartburn), which makes you cough but you don't actually feel heartburn,  While on your trip, go pick up some Prilosec (generic is omeprazole) and see if it starts to decrease the cough.  It has to do with stomach acid getting up and irritating the esophasus and making you cough.  I'm on prescription strength of it.  It has helped a little but not knocked it out.  Last night I had a full blown 5 minute session where I was almost barfing.  I feel for you!

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 4:06 PM, Lois R said:

Hi girls, I am sitting in the United Polaris Lounge at Newark Airport. My flight for Quebec is not till 1:30. It is nice in here. Free food and drinks and a nice atmosphere. And they have staff that is constantly cleaning.

Sounds like Sherri made it ok.

Hope all of you have a good weekend😀

Not only did we make but our luggage made it, too!😂.  Hope you are enjoying  Quebec as much as we did!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

On 10/21/2022 at 6:39 PM, slidergirl said:

A good number of COVID folks have acquired GERD (aka silent heartburn), which makes you cough but you don't actually feel heartburn,  While on your trip, go pick up some Prilosec (generic is omeprazole) and see if it starts to decrease the cough.  It has to do with stomach acid getting up and irritating the esophasus and making you cough.  I'm on prescription strength of it.  It has helped a little but not knocked it out.  Last night I had a full blown 5 minute session where I was almost barfing.  I feel for you!

I have been on Prilosec for several years, Kat, after I developed GERD due to my arthritis drugs.  Actually, my cough seems to be a little bit better so hopeful it is on it’s way out!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

Just waiting around this morning to go to our ship.  We had an amazing day yesterday exploring Budapest that ended with our evening cruise on the Danube.  Sharon, you were right, the cruise was fabulous! 

Sherri🙂

• Like 4

My red dress & 2 toppers for December cruise. I plan on boarding with the red/white/black over a column of black & if it’s cold I’ll wear over the red dress one night. Melody. Dress & jacket on final sale at Chicos on line. Floral topper was $5 on Amazon (many different color combos there. Melody

E774CDAB-05A9-4669-AE25-FE5B8227B537.jpeg

21D8C7B9-DED2-4143-8EBB-0C718E3C6DC3.png

39A10C21-7387-4C8B-A20D-08A46AD50CF4.png

FA69D064-54AE-4415-80F2-5CCE125FDE88.png

BE23C52D-15A7-41EA-81C5-F7A21F56D797.jpeg

• Like 3

i'm suffering from a case of "everyone is cruising and I'm stuck at home" syndrome!!!  

I like that red dress!  Not my thing, but it is very nice on you.  If I had to go somewhere where formal dress was required, I'd do something like that.  Good bargain shopping Melody!

Good to hear that our 2 traveling "sisters" have made it to their starting locations.  An airport lounge has become a must for me now!  Spoiled by the free food & beverages, quiet space, comfy seats, sometimes a chair massage (Air France pier M at CDG).  

I got all depressed last night.  CNN was showing episodes of No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain.  Marseille and the French Alps with Eric Ripert and Lyon with Daniel Bouloud.  As much as I like the shows, I get depressed at thinking about his suicide.  

UGH!!!  Snow has arrived.  The spaces between my fence pickets is over the top with snow, so probably 4-5 inches worth.  Thick and heavy stuff so little trees are bent over.  Happens every early season.  But, a few of our local moose are out and about, nibbling on the newly-accessible branches.  I'm not going anywhere today.

Remember - Stanley Tucci visits Puglia tonight!

• Like 2

Kat dress is still available on Chicos on line, no zippers, no buttons, easy wear. Daughter & SIL in Crested Butte this weekend, they woke up to 15” of heavy snow (glad they’d brought the big 4 wheel drive truck to drive home). We started day at 67 degrees, down to 41 right now, headed our way. Brought in all the lawn art. Ready to make chicken noodle soup tomorrow with a high of 20F. 

• Like 2

Sherri, glad you enjoyed the Illumination cruise. parliament is so beautiful lit up. Good to hear that you, DH and luggage arrived as planned. Happy cruising with good weather.

Lois, I hope you are enjoying Quebec and also having good weather.

Melody, that red dress looks so nice on you-good find for sure! The jackets will change the look so almost like taking 2 outfits. 

Kat, SNOW ! I guess it’s happening other places too. Last weeK DS sent a picture of snow taken from their balcony and today it was 75 there. As for us,we are finally in the 70’s and I hope temps won’t go beyond that until next spring.

What’s on your menu tonight for dinner with Stanley? Since new episodes start here at 9, we will have finished eating. Yes, I know, we ate about that time when we were in Italy but that’s only because when Italy we did as the Italians do……

Talked to BIL who has the condo on the bay in Naples. He said that had the water risen just 2 inches higher, his first floor and all his new furniture would have been ruined. He considers himself very fortunate that he had no damage. They are planning on waiting until January to go and stay. Hoping that much of the damage to Naples will be cleaned up.

Wishing all a good week ahead.

Sharon

• Like 1

sharon - it's sad to hear about your BIL's situation - good that the furniture is intact, but he's going to have to watch out for mold and mildew as things dry out everywhere.  Good that no damage was done.  

Stanley was on at 7pm here.  i was a little lazy on the dinner, so i did some grilled veggies and some shrimp.  orichette would have been nice, but too many carbs for today.  i wasn't very hungry, anyway.  i did switch up my Aperol spritz for a Limoncello spritz.  While it was good, i think the Aperol is better.    it was fun to see Elizabeth Minchelli's daughter, Sophie, in the episode.  I used to exchange emails with her mom in early times going to italy for food suggestions.  kind of nice to see women who got me started on my food travels become 'big guns' and get their due.

The snow stayed on the ground but not the roads and the sun is out.  i've got to get to the pharmacy today to pick up a new med.  So, ootd will be jeans, long sleeve T and a baseball hat.  it's supposed to get up to 38 today, so i'll take my new fleece with me if the sun doesn't warm me up enough.  it's supposed to snow Tuesday and Wednesday, so i won't be going anywhere.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, slidergirl said:

sharon - it's sad to hear about your BIL's situation - good that the furniture is intact, but he's going to have to watch out for mold and mildew as things dry out everywhere.  Good that no damage was done.  

Stanley was on at 7pm here.  i was a little lazy on the dinner, so i did some grilled veggies and some shrimp.  orichette would have been nice, but too many carbs for today.  i wasn't very hungry, anyway.  i did switch up my Aperol spritz for a Limoncello spritz.  While it was good, i think the Aperol is better.    it was fun to see Elizabeth Minchelli's daughter, Sophie, in the episode.  I used to exchange emails with her mom in early times going to italy for food suggestions.  kind of nice to see women who got me started on my food travels become 'big guns' and get their due.

The snow stayed on the ground but not the roads and the sun is out.  i've got to get to the pharmacy today to pick up a new med.  So, ootd will be jeans, long sleeve T and a baseball hat.  it's supposed to get up to 38 today, so i'll take my new fleece with me if the sun doesn't warm me up enough.  it's supposed to snow Tuesday and Wednesday, so i won't be going anywhere.  

We’re cold here, but no white stuff here at 7000’ yet, maybe tonight. Melody

Hi -- thought I posted this yesterday but it didn't seem to show up...

I am back and had a wonderful trip but unfortunately came back with a really nasty cold (or possibly flu?) -- not COVID, at least not by self-test.  I'm coughing my lungs out and miserably congested.  I promise once I feel better I'll give you some tidbits from my travels but for right now I am just resting and reading CC to get caught up.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I am back and had a wonderful trip but unfortunately came back with a really nasty cold (or possibly flu?) -- not COVID, at least not by self-test.  I'm coughing my lungs out and miserably congested.  I promise once I feel better I'll give you some tidbits from my travels but for right now I am just resting and reading CC to get caught up.

Feel better!!!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Welcome home, Cynthia. Good to hear you had a wonderful trip. I’m sorry about the unwanted “souvenir” and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Sharon

• Thanks 1

Cynthia - so sorry you came down with whatever crud you encountered.  Just mellow out until it goes away!  Mama Kat says chicken soup, fluids, and if your throat gets sore, some cognac...

For Sunday with Stanley, it's Liguria time.  All the goodies from Genoa down to Cinque Terre.  Focaccia, trofi with pesto, anchovies,  minestrone (supposedly), more seafood, a cioppino-like dish.  Everyone should be able to get into this one!  

• Like 3

Hi girls, just popping in to say hello😀 having a very good time.

Cynthia, welcome back and sorry you got sick. Hope you are feeling better soon and that you had a wonderful trip.

Things here are good. Weather has been cold and a couple of days with the sun shining but yesterday and so far this morning it is very cloudy.

Met some nice folks and my tours have been quite good too. Quebec City is lovely.

Hope everyone is doing well.

• Like 3