for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

3 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

In looking for a day pack, I came across an Osprey I really liked that that also matches up color-wise with my other gear (shoes, rain shell). Not as bright as your Cotopaxi, @slidergirl, but I like it:

image.thumb.png.fca109b103690358182793a89c7d4f02.png

And by using the Prime points, it was only a couple of dollars more than the cheaper bags....hopefully I'll like it when it arrives.

So now I think I'm all set with my "outdoor gear" for the Iceland/Greenland trip.

@Lois R  Have you started your volunteering yet?

Nice!  I have a few Osprey items, including a Daylite.  They actually attach to my larger Porter bags.  Good choice.  Does it have a hydration bladder or do still need the bottle?   I never liked the bladder on my bags so I take them out and now I have another storage pocket.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Nice!  I have a few Osprey items, including a Daylite.  They actually attach to my larger Porter bags.  Good choice.  Does it have a hydration bladder or do still need the bottle?   I never liked the bladder on my bags so I take them out and now I have another storage pocket.

Yes, it does have the bladder but like you I'll probably take it out and use it for storage. 

A nice touch on upcoming Oceania voyage (the providers of my Iceland/Greenland trip) is that they provide a nice reusable personal bottle for water in your cabin and they have places to fill them, or so I understand...

• Like 2

I have a daylite plus! And we have several Osprey packs between DH and I...really great brand and product. It's a very comfortable pack to wear.

Mine didn't come with the bladder but I wouldn't use it anyway...just seems like a lot of maintenance issues there for me...I don't want to deal with what I think would be cleaning challenges.

• Like 3

Well, it's been a crappy work week, but now I'm on vacation. We leave in the morning to drive to my parent's house. My car's all packed except for electronics (and toothbrush).

In the meantime, I'm taking out all my stress and arguing with all the telemarketers that want to give my husband free braces for his back and knee pain. I told one of them that he had a pain in his @$$ from all the calls. Then I tell them that we're on the do not call registry and to remove our number. I had one argue with me that the number wasn't on the list. *****?!? Don't you think I'd know if my own number was on the list?  It's been a kinda fun way to work off some frustrations. They should learn to never argue with a redhead from Missouri. . .

Our 12-year-old neighbor is dog sitting for us. We told her dad to grab anything that ripened in the garden while we're gone. I pulled to purple peppers and a handfull of green beans.

See y'all in a week.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

Well, it's been a crappy work week, but now I'm on vacation. We leave in the morning to drive to my parent's house. My car's all packed except for electronics (and toothbrush).

In the meantime, I'm taking out all my stress and arguing with all the telemarketers that want to give my husband free braces for his back and knee pain. I told one of them that he had a pain in his @$$ from all the calls. Then I tell them that we're on the do not call registry and to remove our number. I had one argue with me that the number wasn't on the list. *****?!? Don't you think I'd know if my own number was on the list?  It's been a kinda fun way to work off some frustrations. They should learn to never argue with a redhead from Missouri. . .

Our 12-year-old neighbor is dog sitting for us. We told her dad to grab anything that ripened in the garden while we're gone. I pulled to purple peppers and a handfull of green beans.

See y'all in a week.

Safe trip!

If I don’t recognize a caller ID or a photo #, I don’t answer.  If there’s a voicemail I’ll listen and call if needed.  Saves me a little bit of aggravation.

Lousy day today.  Weather is cloudy and rainy.  I can’t even see the hills a mile away.  Smoke again.  Dark and gray and makes it so hard to keep eyes open and awake.  I think I’ll just work on breaking down boxes to take to recycling tomorrow.  I have a winter worth!  

OOTD: knee length sweats and a T-shirt.  

• Like 1

Hi Kat, I do the same thing. If I don't know the number, I don't answer. And lately, I have been getting spam calls VERY often. 

Just got a call and my blood work for the volunteer program is all good! Cynthia, I am going to start on Monday........will go for a couple of hours for "training"......and will see how things go. I will be sitting at the front desk with another gal who has been volunteering there for a long time. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat, I do the same thing. If I don't know the number, I don't answer. And lately, I have been getting spam calls VERY often. 

Just got a call and my blood work for the volunteer program is all good! Cynthia, I am going to start on Monday........will go for a couple of hours for "training"......and will see how things go. I will be sitting at the front desk with another gal who has been volunteering there for a long time. 

Sounds great -- I hope it's interesting and engaging. Good to keep the mind busy, IMO.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Sounds great -- I hope it's interesting and engaging. Good to keep the mind busy, IMO.

Thank you🙂will keep you posted.

• Like 1

My fun and totally frivolous activity today has been to figure out how to get access to RAI Italy on my computer so that I can watch the televised gala start of the Opera season in Verona. It's Aida and it's being broadcast on RAI. As usual, the opera is being performed in Verona's ancient Roman amphitheatre.

I will be in Venice for a couple of days before my BTB Med cruise in October, and had already planned to take one of those days and visit Verona's Roman sites. I had planned to do either the Palladian villa day "cruise" on the Brenta river or maybe a roadtrip to Brescia on another day, but frustratingly one of those days is a Monday and the villa tour (and Brescia sites of interest) are both closed on Mondays, as are so many museums in Italy.

At any rate, I set up a free trial of a service that lets you watch hundreds of channels (US and foreign) on your computer and have RAI up and going. My prosecco is chilling in the fridge....

• Like 3

On 6/16/2023 at 4:33 PM, cruisemom42 said:

My fun and totally frivolous activity today has been to figure out how to get access to RAI Italy on my computer so that I can watch the televised gala start of the Opera season in Verona. It's Aida and it's being broadcast on RAI. As usual, the opera is being performed in Verona's ancient Roman amphitheatre.

I will be in Venice for a couple of days before my BTB Med cruise in October, and had already planned to take one of those days and visit Verona's Roman sites. I had planned to do either the Palladian villa day "cruise" on the Brenta river or maybe a roadtrip to Brescia on another day, but frustratingly one of those days is a Monday and the villa tour (and Brescia sites of interest) are both closed on Mondays, as are so many museums in Italy.

At any rate, I set up a free trial of a service that lets you watch hundreds of channels (US and foreign) on your computer and have RAI up and going. My prosecco is chilling in the fridge....

Hope you enjoyed your opera & your Prosecco 

• Like 1

I know this is usually a "gals thread" but I want to wish all the Dad's, Grandpa's, Great Grandpa's, and to those who serve in that space a Very Happy Father's Day🙂

Thinking about mine (as I always do) but especially today.......my Dad was truly my best friend and I still miss him every day.  Today is the final round of the US OPEN and we would always watch it together.  Those memories now bring me great joy.

Anyway, hope all of you have a great day. 

Free Fathers Day Clipart

• Like 3

Hi girls, well, I just did 2 days in a row of the volunteering at the Hospital. The gal in charge of the whole volunteer program is very nice and the gal who works the reception area is as well. That is where I started and went yesterday and today for just under 3 hours each time. I got there about 9:15and worked till just before noon. I am going back Thursday morning and then will figure out which days next week. It is a pretty nice atmosphere and they were kind and helpful to me as well.

I do know they are remodeling the gift shop and the pharmacy and once that is finished I am going to give the gift shop a chance and see what that is like. I was told that would be in September so we'll see how it goes.

Anyway, just wanted to fill you in on my new "work thing".........LOL.........

• Like 3

Lois, sounds like you are off to a good start with your volunteering. 👍

I'm tinkering around this week, doing some stuff around my condo. I'm just about to take a load of clothing for consignment, mainly barely worn shoes and work clothes. 🤣🤣  Also switched up my internet, TV and phone packages which took time and patience (and the help of DS to set up).

• Like 1

Cynthia- if you want to get a rain cover for your Osprey, you can find them on Amazon cheap.  
I think I’m finally over what was making me feel yucky the past week.  Didn’t feel like eating and then I’d feel queasy the rest of day.  

only low 60s today and windy so I’m not going up to the mountains again today.  

OOTD: sweatshirt and leggings.  I didn’t close the living room window last night.  This morning it was 54 in here.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Cynthia- if you want to get a rain cover for your Osprey, you can find them on Amazon cheap.  
I think I’m finally over what was making me feel yucky the past week.  Didn’t feel like eating and then I’d feel queasy the rest of day.  

only low 60s today and windy so I’m not going up to the mountains again today.  

OOTD: sweatshirt and leggings.  I didn’t close the living room window last night.  This morning it was 54 in here.  

Glad you’re feeling better. We’ve had massive thunderstorms with miserable hail. Big storm expected tonight. It’s 93 right now, cooler tomorrow

23 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Ooh, thanks -- never thought of that. Great idea!

I'll take a look.

I bought Joy Walker rain cover on Amazon.  Like $12 or so. Folds up into the small provided pouch, about the size of a scarf.  

more rain coming this evening.  Had hail earlier in the week and weekend but only pea size.  Nothing like you had in CO.  My friend in Aurora has to get some siding replaced and a new roof from the baseball hail the other week.  

ootd: my free people hand-me-down jeans, my pink high tops and my “don’t pet the fluffy cows” T-shirt.  My new fave!  An homage to those tourists who feel the need to try to pet the buffaloes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I bought Joy Walker rain cover on Amazon.  Like $12 or so. Folds up into the small provided pouch, about the size of a scarf.  

more rain coming this evening.  Had hail earlier in the week and weekend but only pea size.  Nothing like you had in CO.  My friend in Aurora has to get some siding replaced and a new roof from the baseball hail the other week.  

ootd: my free people hand-me-down jeans, my pink high tops and my “don’t pet the fluffy cows” T-shirt.  My new fave!  An homage to those tourists who feel the need to try to pet the buffaloes.

Good sized tornado in Denver this afternoon. I’m really tired of shoveling hail!!

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

Good sized tornado in Denver this afternoon. I’m really tired of shoveling hail!!

Man, you all are getting battered in CO this month.  My friend posted another photo today of more hail.  She said good thing the roofers didn’t start yet.  

7 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Man, you all are getting battered in CO this month.  My friend posted another photo today of more hail.  She said good thing the roofers didn’t start yet.  

Tornado in Highlands Ranch (southern outskirts of Denver) yesterday. We’ve been here 38 years. Only seen 2 & both are an hour out from us. Hope it stays that way. 

I saw that tornado report and the hail! My grandparents used to live in Highlands Ranch…I have a hard time picturing a tornado there…so weird in proximity to the mountains but what do I know? I hope it stays away from you too Melody!

Another thought on waterproofing the backpack is to line the interior with thick plastic bags. The rough thing about covers is that if you have to access your bag…makes it difficult and also, unless you’re wearing a coat that fits over the whole thing, your straps will get wet anyway and that wet will spread a bit. YMMV but we’ve found that lining the bag can work better…the bag itself usually dries pretty quickly…except the padded arms, so be prepared for dealing with wet shoulder harness if you get really really soaked either way.

• Like 1

Hello everyone.I arrived back from San Francisco this morning.

I finally tried Noosa yogurt ,it was only on the shelf in Vanilla but was very nice.

I was hoping to shop in San Francisco for my Europe trip but it is so sad, so many shops have closed or are closing .The Westgate Mall downtown is closing at the end of August ,apparently there is too much crime.Sad that such a wonderful city has changed so much.

We went over to Sausalito and it felt much safer ,although very chilly on the ferry!

I did try my new bag and it worked very well .

• Like 1

FYI.  Today is the last sale day on Woolx.  21% off.  SUMMER21 is the code.  Try a shirt.  Splurge for a dress.  Get leggings for winter.  Just sayin’.

Toblerone - it is sad to see what is happening to San Francisco.  It was such a wonderful walkable city.  When I worked remotely for a Bay Area IT company, I would always rack on a day in The City when I did my monthly visit to the “Mothership”.  

• Like 1