for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

I hope everyone had a merry Christmas!  I have not been online much since the 22nd.  We had a fairly uneventful trip up to Indianapolis, stayed with some good friends and spent a lot of time with my dad.  Our “Australian” son and his son made it down  from Minnesota, very nice to have this time with them.  We are all in VA now with our other grandkids.  New Year’s Day we will drop our son at the airport and head down I95 to Satellite Beach.  Husband wants to do all 12 hours in one day, we shall see.  

Oldest grandson woke up this morning with minor cold symptoms.  We will be keeping an eye on him. 

Wishing a very Happy New Year for everyone!  

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

Kat, the nerve of some people. Do you have cameras in the garage?  If not it might be a suggestion. Drive safe (I love windy mountain roads, I’m serious)

cruisemom, bummer on the dent, bigger bummer on the plumber

cruisekitty, stinks on the family being sick

Sherri, glad you’re spending time with family. Drive safe 

Lois your snacks sound great

New Year’s Eve is pretty laid back for us. I’ll open a bottle of bubbly & make my hamburger, Rotel, Velveeta cheese dip in my little crockpot & sit & gorge on it with Doritos…there may be football & cookies too

happy & safe New Year to all. Melody

• Like 2

Sherri, so glad son made it over safely!   Sounds like you've had a wonderful, busy holiday season... hope oldest GS is ok, if he does have it, so far everyone I know, it's been like a cold.

Melody, that crockpot cheese with Doritos, oh my gosh sounds good!

So started fever last night, today, feels like a cold, sore throat... not hungry,  but also not terrible..  guess I will be drinking tea & taking lots of naps next few days 

28 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Sherri, so glad son made it over safely!   Sounds like you've had a wonderful, busy holiday season... hope oldest GS is ok, if he does have it, so far everyone I know, it's been like a cold.

So started fever last night, today, feels like a cold, sore throat... not hungry,  but also not terrible..  guess I will be drinking tea & taking lots of naps next few days 

Hi Debbie, oh my, I am so sorry you are not feeling well😦.......not a fun way to ring in the new year at all that is for sure..........sending you virtual hugs acrocss the country (((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))............

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Oh dear, after all your early vaccination efforts and booster and all!

At least omicron sounds more like an unpleasant event for most, rather than a life-threatening one. Take care!

• Like 1

Debbie - you sound like me right now.  Started just headache and nausea a few days ago.  Thought I could just power through, but I got really, really fatigued.  Left work 1/2 hour early last night - just couldn't finish it out.  Woke up today to a sore throat.  Decided to go get tested.  Rapid was negative.  Waiting for the PCR test.  Sure hope it stays negative too.  the MD I saw wants me to work on the sore throat and mucus -  since I have a record with yearly bronchitis, try to not to not have this convert.  Tons of water and Mucinex and Advil is on the menu.  Debbie - take tons of care!!!

• Like 1

thank you everyone...  I have a feeling I'm going to feel better by tomorrow, nothing has gotten worse, & I no longer have a fever... if I was going to get it, this is the kind to get lol 😉

Kat, please take care too!  Sounds like you are hit harder than I am... I was able to spend the day drinking hot tea, laying on sofa & binging old Amazing Race episodes, so no one feel too bad for me, I'm feeling pretty lucky about this 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

Debbie - you sound like me right now.  Started just headache and nausea a few days ago.  Thought I could just power through, but I got really, really fatigued.  Left work 1/2 hour early last night - just couldn't finish it out.  Woke up today to a sore throat.  Decided to go get tested.  Rapid was negative.  Waiting for the PCR test.  Sure hope it stays negative too.  the MD I saw wants me to work on the sore throat and mucus -  since I have a record with yearly bronchitis, try to not to not have this convert.  Tons of water and Mucinex and Advil is on the menu.  Debbie - take tons of care!!!

Take good care of yourself -- I hope your PCR test is negative. Now that more people are out and about (compared to the last years) I imagine there are colds and flu circulating too.  In fact, I heard that this year's flu shot was less protective than they'd hoped....

14 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Take good care of yourself -- I hope your PCR test is negative. Now that more people are out and about (compared to the last years) I imagine there are colds and flu circulating too.  In fact, I heard that this year's flu shot was less protective than they'd hoped....

thx.  Still waiting.  I got a voicemail from the big boss (company pres.)  this morning.  He wanted to be sure I went in for testing.   Lots of our people are sick.  I worked Wednesday so my little boss could help out down at the Home Office because they were short staffed.   No tests for sale in town - all sold out.  I'm a little pissed off that despite all my efforts, I'm sick with whatever.  Vaxed, boosted, masked, distanced, taking Emergen-C and Sambuca with zinc.  Growl.  And, yet, I have 2 "friends" who flout their anti-vax status and boast that they never get sick.  One even flew to Tampa the other day so he could watch an NHL game at a stadium that did not require vax status, negative test, nor masking.  He could have flown  50 minutes or 90 minutes to games in Las Vegas or Los Angeles, but they required vax status and masks.  

Oh well, I'm just hanging out on the sofa, looking at the snow pile up, noshing on yogurt, trail mix, Poppables and Wheat thins.  I think I have a foot of new stuff, judging by what is on top of my backyard fence.  Our subdivision streets aren't plowed yet so I don't think I could get out to work, anyway.

Melody - so horrible and devastating about the freak wildfires up in Boulder county.  I've never seen anything like that.  Thank God the area is getting snow today.  

OOTD:  sweats and a long sleeve T.  Not going anywhere.

• Like 2

Kat, I really hope it stays mild for you...  or that it's just a cold...  I remember you did a big trader joes trip, so hopefully you have good stuff to get you through if needed, hey maybe you will wake up fine tomorrow, CDC says you should go right back to work lol 😉 Anyhow hugs to you!

Daughter has it now... same mild symptoms...  so far my DH is fine...  Can't believe I hosted a spreader event lol.... outdoor patio,  all of us are fully Vax & boosted & ...  it's funny, because a few months back I would have been pretty upset about this.

Hope everyone has a nice New Year's Eve!

28 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Kat, I really hope it stays mild for you...  or that it's just a cold...  I remember you did a big trader joes trip, so hopefully you have good stuff to get you through if needed, hey maybe you will wake up fine tomorrow, CDC says you should go right back to work lol 😉 Anyhow hugs to you!

Daughter has it now... same mild symptoms...  so far my DH is fine...  Can't believe I hosted a spreader event lol.... outdoor patio,  all of us are fully Vax & boosted & ...  it's funny, because a few months back I would have been pretty upset about this.

Hope everyone has a nice New Year's Eve!

It's not feeling like a cold - runny nose but not stuffed up.  And now I have a fever - 100.6.   It's very tolerable, though.  Boss said she tested negative 4 times with the rapid and then was positive with the PCR.  Regardless of what it ends up,  I'm blaming guests who were too self-centered to wear a mask, even when we said to do so.  With all the families of 6 or extended family/friend groups up to 10, I would not be surprised if someone was asymptomatic or mildly sick and still chose to come on vacation.

Hope your Daughter keeps it mild.  

I do still have some stuff in the freezer from TJ's  for meals!

• Like 2

Here we are at New Year's Eve. DS and I (after much thought) are going out to one of our favorite places. They always have a terrific NYE menu and live music. And when we've been there, tables seem spaced appropriately. Fingers crossed. We won't stay out until midnight, but it will be nice to enjoy a little festivity.

Remember, the old myth is that whatever you spend New Year's day doing, you'll be doing all year.  Act accordingly!

OOTD:   All in navy blue:  Eileen Fisher silk pants, a lace tank with a few tiny sequins, and a drapey silk chiffon and knit jacket. Pewter leather shoes and silver woven bag (purchased in Rome).

• Like 2

Hi Cynthia, I have never heard that old myth before but if it is true, I will be watching a lot of tv (which is what I do anyway😲).  Enjoy your evening out with your son.

Happy New Year to all my friends on here...Kat, hope you are ok and Debbie too.

2022 Happy New Year GIF, Download New Year Animated GIFs 2022

• Like 2

Cynthia - never heard that one before, either.  I guess I had better put on my best lounging clothes and put the one bottle of good chardonnay in the fridge to drink (a $75 bottle, but I got it free last year in the monthly alcohol giveaway at work - an advantage to being the only one who knows a little about wine)...   I have my pork and sauerkraut in the fridge, ready to cook tomorrow.  It's the one major tradition I have from my family.  

• Like 2

We’re hoping that this snow will put out the horrendous wildfires. The fires are 2&3 hours north & a bit west of us. Between 500 & 1000 homes & businesses just obliterated. We watched a Super Target go up in under a minute. Luckily so far no loss of life, which is remarkable. 

we had our traditional Chinese food for NYE. I had a small (326) bottle of nice Prosecco & Les had a Crown & ginger. Finally getting a little snow!!!

Hope everyone is feeling better. Happy New Year. Melody

• Like 1

Hopefully starting out 2022 in a good way - my PCR test came back negative!   But, my big boss is being cautious and won't let me back to work today.  She said to not come back until I don't have any symptoms.  Still have the headache and sore throat, so another day laying about.   She wants me to try to get another test done - easier said than done!!  

• Like 3

Well, we made it back to Satellite Beach about 1 am, traffic for us going south was not too bad but I95 going north looked like a parking lot at times. Very crazy!

Nice to be back in sunshine again as both Indiana and Virginia were gloomy and dreary during our time there.  Our son made it back to Minnesota with only an hour delay in flights.  Hopefully, he will have no problems going back to Australia on Thursday.

Kat and Debbie, I hope you are both feeling better.  I think it is just a matter of time before most people  get omicron, both vaxed and unvaxed.  It seems to have rapidly overtaken Florida.

OOTD:  gym clothes, no makeup.  I have a ton of laundry to do but am planning to get a long walk in sometime today.  If I dress for it, it may happen!😂 

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

My throat feels more raw today.   Last night, I got a notification from the county health dept. that I had been in close contact with someone who tested positive.  I was advised to do the usual stuff and go get tested.  Sigh.  I was thinking of going again - my boss wants me to do it as maybe I went too soon on Thursday.  This is getting crazy.  I think my whole team at work has it!!  We're moving people around as needed to get things done.  Today was to be a busy day for us with lots of people leaving and lots of people checking in.  I'm upset with myself for not being able to be there to help out.  

OOTD:  sweats and a Tshirt, no makeup.  I'll just put on red Patagonia jacket and a baseball hat to go get tested.  It's only 4 degrees right now so I think a jacket is warranted.  It's a beautiful bluebird day, though.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls.....Kat, so sorry you are going through all of this........thinking about you and wishing you the best.

Thanks.  

My big boss recommended the self-test at our local in-town Urgent Care place.  It was pretty good!  In the underground parking structure.  You go online and and fill out some info and get a registration #.  Go and pick up a test package,  do saliva into a tube, label it and put it in the collection box.  Will get results via text.  Way better than paying $80 for the PCR test I did Thursday.

At least I'm not feeling exhausted today.  If I could just get rid of the throat and headache I'd feel good enough to go to work.  Oh well, it's TV time again today.  

• Like 2

Happy New Year everyone!

Kat, I'm so sorry that you're still feeling so bad... but it sounds that you're headed for the other side at least...hopefully just another day or two for you 🙂    anyway, thinking of you, & hoping for the best!

I'm all better w/exception of out of breath all the time...  went on a very small walk around the neighborhood yesterday & had to stop to catch my breath constantly, definitely not normal for me.

I'm slowly, slowly taking down the Christmas decorations...our office is closed tomorrow (thank goodness) so I have another full day to take it easy.  

• Like 1

Our granddaughter was one of the lucky ones flying yesterday (back to CA). Her flight was delayed for an hour, but she made it home safely. 

Kat, hope you’re feeling better

• Like 1

I am feeling better yet again today.  A little sore throat but I'm not fatigued.   I can go back to work tomorrow IF I get a negative test, I think.  The note sent from the provider says that, because I have multiple symptoms, I should isolate for 10 days.  Based on when I started feeling badly, today is day 5.   The worst thing is - we found out one of the staff pulled an "Aaron Rodgers" on us.  She isn't vax'd.  And, I sit within 4 feet of her all day long.  I sure hope I didn't infect her.  

Maybe a Below Deck watching marathon is in order - at least I can visualize being in a nice, warm location, being catered to by young, enthusiastic adults and Kate.  

OOTD:  sweats and a Tshirt.  Not going anywhere today, so I'm being uber casual.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I am feeling better yet again today.  A little sore throat but I'm not fatigued.   I can go back to work tomorrow IF I get a negative test, I think.  The note sent from the provider says that, because I have multiple symptoms, I should isolate for 10 days.  Based on when I started feeling badly, today is day 5.   The worst thing is - we found out one of the staff pulled an "Aaron Rodgers" on us.  She isn't vax'd.  And, I sit within 4 feet of her all day long.  I sure hope I didn't infect her.  

Maybe a Below Deck watching marathon is in order - at least I can visualize being in a nice, warm location, being catered to by young, enthusiastic adults and Kate.  

OOTD:  sweats and a Tshirt.  Not going anywhere today, so I'm being uber casual.

Kat, you're a better person than me...  I would have way less concern for the A.R. person...

My outfit of the day:  white tank top, robe, undies..., but actually going to put some clothes on & go wait in a very long line to get tested, hoping for negative test to return to work...  but still have sore throat so who knows lol ...

4 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Kat, you're a better person than me...  I would have way less concern for the A.R. person...

My outfit of the day:  white tank top, robe, undies..., but actually going to put some clothes on & go wait in a very long line to get tested, hoping for negative test to return to work...  but still have sore throat so who knows lol ...

What is the deal with the sore throat?????  It just won't go away.  

I don't want "AR" to get infected - we have more than enough for us to do without losing one person.  Call it kind of a selfish concern for her.

Put on your thinking caps:  I was playing some more with my trip stuff.  I booked for 4 nights in Bologna.  A good base for what I want to do.  I've got my nights around Florence on hold until I find out what happens with my owners.   I've got nights booked in Paris at Hotel Des Marronniers.  Now I have 4  more nights from checkout there until my CDG hotel and flight.  Here's what I need:  where would you go to on a train from Paris for a few days?  Let's have some ideas!  I think my hamster wheel has been affected by omicron...

Edited by slidergirl