for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

26 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I hope you have good luck. My dad has struggled so much with the various hospital and doctor's bills with his insurance. It seems like such a runaround game. Their job (as it seems to me) is to pay as little as possible and you have to really pester them at times to do anything. 

Hi, I just cannot understand one major thing and it seems nobody has been able to answer the question. If you have a statement, and one of the claims shows it was over 25,000.00........how in the world can the deductible on only be 6.00 on such a large claim?😲this is just makes NO SENSE to me.

• Like 1

Hi girls, just got a pleasant (thankfully) phone call from a gal at the hospital. I spoke with her last week. Her supervisor was actually made aware of my situation and told her (her name is Georgiana) to call me back.  So they are trying.  I didn't give them any money (yet). She said she can see the multiple claims I have and they have not all been processed yet.  But that amount they want should come down......still just waiting now. At least she was kind and I know someone sees what is going on😲

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning,  Not so sure of that........I guess we will see because the surgery is less than 2 weeks away and I know they are going to want some type of pre-payment. I will give it a few more days.

I meant they’d take care of talking to billing

Today I found out a couple of things........I finally reached someone at FL Blue who actually explained to me in a way I can understand what happened on this Big Claim.......first, the 3922.00 was ALREADY PAID to the hospital😲....not sure why I was not billed but the hospital got their money and the original 25,000.00 was charged off and the allowed amount ended up being the 3900......so the reason more $ was not applied to my deductible was that I was not billed for the larger amount.   I know hospitals have these contracted amounts for all these procedures.....I guess I totally mis-read my FL Blue statement😦

And the gal at the hospital is still going to find out for me  if I can pay less for this surgery......I do have other claims still in process.  She will get back with me sometime over the next week (before I go to the hospital). 

• Like 2

Lois - at least you got what seemed to be a semi-rational explanation.  Hope they get the rest of it taken care of and finished off!!

Brainstorming at work (yes, all by myself).   I was looking at hotels and discovered that the Four Points was actually built in Siena (well, near)!  Had been hoping for that one back when I worked for Starwood, but it kept getting delayed.  Well, it's got decent reviews and it's only a Category 2 property.  I have a boatload (not quite a shipload) of points and I could do 2 nights there for 30,000.  I'm seriously thinking about that now - I could do some of my driving around Tuscany from there instead of Florence.  What do you think???    At least it's 2 "free" nights, saving me some dollars.  

I think I was trying to fit too many different places into this trip.  The week split between Siena and Florence sounds OK to me.  

OOTD:  jeans, my blue/white railroad stripe shirt from Sundance, and the famous hi-tops.  I'm seriously going to have to buy a new pristine pair to take with my on my trip!!!

• Like 1

Lois, start researching supplemental Medicare plans as soon as possible!! There’s a lot of them out there & they are not all alike!!!  Really essential to have a good one. Medicare does not cover everything by a long shot. Melody

55 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Lois, start researching supplemental Medicare plans as soon as possible!! There’s a lot of them out there & they are not all alike!!!  Really essential to have a good one. Medicare does not cover everything by a long shot. Melody

Hi Melody,🙂 I have a few months before I start researching Medicare. I want to get through my surgery and heal up.  65 is 12 months away........I can probably start researching in the 2nd 1/2 of this year and still be ok.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Kat, enjoying a lovely glass of Saldo. Really good red bottled by Prisoner…I highly recommend (low 20s)

Bummer.  I wish I was drinking a nice red right now.   After I just finished cleaning our coffee machine, I went to do my usual "test" of making a cafe latte with an extra milk shot.  Instead, my finger went on it's own and pushed the triple cappucino button!!!!!  Yowza!  Not that bad once I put in a extra milk shot.  We have real nonfat dry milk in the machine so it makes a nice frothy topper.   I have a bottle of cranberry cocktail at home from a unit - maybe I'll throw some vodka into it!!

Lois - check supplemental  and the "advantage" plans.  I didn't like the advantage plans I had available - they were really like HMOs where I had to go to their hospitals and their doctors.  There are supposedly some others depending on where you live.   You can do your basic research soon - what each one offers in your area.  Then, when 65 comes around, you're well informed.  

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I was looking at hotels and discovered that the Four Points was actually built in Siena (well, near)!  Had been hoping for that one back when I worked for Starwood, but it kept getting delayed.  Well, it's got decent reviews and it's only a Category 2 property.  I have a boatload (not quite a shipload) of points and I could do 2 nights there for 30,000.  I'm seriously thinking about that now - I could do some of my driving around Tuscany from there instead of Florence.  What do you think???    At least it's 2 "free" nights, saving me some dollars.  

I think I was trying to fit too many different places into this trip.  The week split between Siena and Florence sounds OK to me.  

I absolutely love Siena. In fact, I had been thinking that the next time I am in Tuscany I would base myself there.  (In the past I've stayed in both Florence and Volterra). 

Lois, it looks like you are slowly straightening out the insurance stuff. It shouldn’t be this complicated for anyone when one has medical issues to deal with. I agree with Cynthia that insurance companies goal is to pay out as little as possible. I feel bad for those who aren’t able to handle these situations and have nobody to help them. Clearly you have a handle on this snd will eventually sort it all out.

Yesterday was a long travel day back home. Flights went well but I can’t say the same for the fiasco at Salt Lake airport. Not enough actual gates for all the flights so most regionals park in the “south forty” and pax are bussed to planes. Not enough gates resulted in our one regional flight showing a non existent gate number, the bus we had to take showing a sign for an airport other than ours and  the bus driver having no idea where to take all of us snd was unable to communicate with her radio. We finally made it to the plane but were  delayed while crew debated who had to get off because there were more pax than seats. We were sitting in the bulkhead so heard the entire discussion. In spite of all that, we actually landed on time.

We did a lot of our  GD daily caretaking and we are pretty tired. Will need a few days to recuperate. DS and DIL are asking when we are coming again and I’m just trying to imagine how we will handle our GD when she starts the running stage! 

Sherri, your GS is at an age where so many things will interest him, well  all but spiders I guess. It must be fun planning the activities for his visit. Enjoy!

Kat, I’m enjoying all the details of your trip planning.  You have a really interesting itinerary to look forward to.

Melody, I don’t remember where your cruise will take you but I’m sure you are really excited and looking forward now that your hand/arm is healing nicely.

Finally received all our needed tax forms so will spend today pulling it all together for our CPA. Guess this can be considered an inactive, quieter day?

OOTD probably the most comfortable thing I can find.

Sharon

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I absolutely love Siena. In fact, I had been thinking that the next time I am in Tuscany I would base myself there.  (In the past I've stayed in both Florence and Volterra). 

I've been to Siena twice.  First time was when I spent 4 nights in the University Hospital when I shattered my leg.  All I saw was what was outside my window.  Second time, my friends and I did a "drive by" in between Volterra and Montepulciano to have a drink on the Campo.  I think I need to see more of Siena.

Sharon - the "new" SLC airport is, well, interesting.  I don't think anyone likes it.  It used to be a great airport for connections - you would get from the A gates down to the E gates in time for a 20-minute connection.  

I think I'm going to sit outside today - nice and sunny and in the 40s.  Tomorrow I have to go to the DMV in the next town over and do the driver license thing.  Open book test (really!!), eye test.   Every other renewal you have to go in person so this is my time.  I made the appointment so I can go to the Jerusalem Street Food truck that hangs out by city hall.  

OOTD:  sweats and a Tshirt.  Buff on my head when I go outside (don't want to burn the top!!)

• Like 1

Last night we went to hubby's Christmas gift concert--Joe Bonamassa. He sat with an ear-to-ear smile from first to last note. I was sitting next to him. It's not my kind of music, but he's been to several hockey games and been bored out of his mind, so I guess I can tolerate one concert. I wore my Athleta Moto tights and a WHBM gray sleeveless top. I had a wrap, but didn't need it.

Today was a "triple D" day. Dentist/Diane/Danny. Diane is my travel agent and we got airfare and hotel for my next cruise (162 days!). Danny is our CPA--I picked up our tax stuff. Then a couple of minor stops on the way home on a rainy day.

OOTD: Athleta burgandy/black capri leggings and my black "tacos and tequila" shirt. Perfect choice for our 60s today.

• Like 2

Well, didn't get to the truck food - my appointment at the DMV was a whole 5 minutes and I got there 15 minutes early - so the truck wasn't around...  All I had to do was do the quick eye test and get the picture taken.  No test!!!  And no one else was in there so there was no wait for anything.  

Got my mammo results - right is fine, left has a couple of calcifications the md wants a better look at.  oh well.  

OOTD:  my charcoal Woolx hoodie, jeans & hi-tops.  I put on my tinted moisturizer to try to make my face look a little less blah for the photo.  Don't think it worked...

• Like 3

Good morning, Kat, hope the call back on your Mammogram goes well.

Today I have pre-op testing....they do an EKG, take blood and whatever else I will find out this afternoon. My appt is at 3:00.

• Like 1

All I can say is they aren't so concerned that they wanted me back in ASAP - I don't go back until April 20.

Woke up at 6:30am. Groused about having to get up this early. Rushed to get ready for work. No time for coffee - I'll get at work. Get to work at 8am. Discover my co-worker there. We look at each other with a "what are you doing here" look. Turns out I looked at LAST WEEK'S schedule.  I ran up to the lounge and got my 20oz latte from the machine and drove back home for 3 hours.   

Supposed to be a hot day up here - high of possibly 63!!!  And sunny.  

ootd:  jeans and a hoodie. I was in no mood to do anything else.

Hi Melody, no covid test.....and yes, the surgery is next Friday. Had an EKG, they took 3 small tubes of blood, took my BP and gave me a a packet with a body wash.......use 1/2 of it in the shower on Thursday night and the other 1/2 on Friday morning. It is an anti-bacteria wash. 

• Like 1

Lois, one more step to taking care of your medical issues so you can put it all behind you.

Kat, hope your April appointment turns out well. Honestly, after a certain age, it seems like if it’s not one thing it’s another!  As for your schedule mix up, at least you were able to get a latte out of it. 

Trip to Trader Joe’s this morning resulted in another “ oh no” at the check out. Bottom line always seems to be around the same amount. Could it be because I pretty much buy the same stuff each visit?

Next was a visit to a nursery to buy  some plants for pots in the front of the house. Cleaned up some flower beds, planted the plants and put out the spring garden flag. Our temps are more summer than spring but expecting rain (hopefully) on Monday.

Wishing everyone a good weekend.

OOTD, nothing very interesting, and not much make up.

Sharon

• Like 1

Good morning to all!  Looks like a beautiful day here on the beach, Thursday we had some horrific lightening storms but fortunately, none of the tornado watches panned out.  

Lois, I know from personal experience how stressful dealing with insurance companies can be, I hope your issue gets taken care of asap.  

Sharon, since we don’t have a TJs close to us, my “oh no” moment is always at Costco, especially if my husband goes with me.  I like to stock up on fresh fruits and veggies but somehow, when he is there, things like salted chocolate caramels appear in our cart at checkout.  

Busy week coming up, balcony sliders are being installed Wednesday!  Monday or Tuesday I need to go get labs for my checkup on Wednesday and, yes, I am over “that “ age where it seems like it’s always something.  And Thursday is a dentist checkup, so same thing, I go in wondering what they will find.😂

We are leaving Saturday(I know, don’t hate me😂) for a cruise, our son invited us to come along with his family so we are going basically as babysitters.  But it will give us a chance to spend time with our youngest grand,  aka the “wild man”.  It will probably take a few days for me to recover when we get home!

Yesterday I was organizing some outfits to take and it occurred to me how tired my wardrobe is looking.  I hate to shop, so once I buy something, I wear it forever!  So, new project for after the cruise is to clean out my closet and come up with a fresher wardrobe.  Since I never know what to wear, you all will need to give me some advice!

OOTD: Still in Jammie’s ( it’s only 9am!).  This morning’s Jammie’s consist of an old police shirt my son left behind when he moved into his own apartment and some capri length pants from an old Jammie’s set.  No big plans for today so probably just gym shorts and t shirt, no make up. 😂

Have a great weekend!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sjb317 said:

Yesterday I was organizing some outfits to take and it occurred to me how tired my wardrobe is looking.  I hate to shop, so once I buy something, I wear it forever!  So, new project for after the cruise is to clean out my closet and come up with a fresher wardrobe.

Good luck with your closet makeover. There's nothing like a move to make you really go through your closet(s) and evaluate what stays and what goes. I took many bags of things to consigners and to Goodwill during my recent move. I even did a bit more "pruning" when I was unpacking at the new place. 

It's amazing how, after 2+ years of not going into the office, a lot of my work clothes look pretty unappealing. LOL!  

At any rate, I'm pleasantly surprised that my wardrobe fits fine in the new space. The challenge will be to keep myself from buying too much more. Maybe I'll institute a rule that if I buy something, then something else has to go. I pretty much did that a few years ago with shoes. (Still have too many, but at least the number isn't increasing.) 🤣

• Like 1

I have to do a closet cleaning in a major way.  Maybe in May... (I've said that for years).  

The tech I talked to to schedule the 2nd scan said that calcifications are not unusual in older women.   

Sharon - I haven't been down to TJ's since January.  I'm seriously due.  If it doesn't actually snow this Wed or Thu I may head down.  When I do, it's going to be a massive "Holy $$$$" moment, I'm sure.

Today was kind of a cluster.  My one co-worker asked if I wanted to change shifts for today since I had the morning and she knows I hate the morning.  So we changed.  THEN, she calls in sick!!!!!  The other girl couldn't get in early.  I didn't see the SOS from the boss until I picked up phone at 10am (I charge it in the kitchen deliberately).  I raced to get ready and at least got there by 10:30.   Fortunately, nothing needed done from 8-10:30.   Sigh.  I don't think I'll be switching any shifts for the next 3 weeks!

It's freakin' hot up here today!  Sunny and 63 outside, but feels like 73!!  Lots of kids skiing in Tshirts and tank tops - and you KNOW they aren't wearing sunscreen!!

OOTD:  Prana gray cammo sleeveless top, my jeans, my hi-tops and my summer sweater over the top.  

almost forgot:

If anyone is looking for a new 4-wheel carryon and a nice tote bag:  Sherpani is having a sale on a combo:  The Meridian carryon, the Camden tote that has security and can wear 3 different ways, and the Harmony water-resistant accessory bag.  $219.95 for all 3!

The Camden alone is $99.95, the Meridian is $144.95, the Harmony $17.95.   

I already have the Meridian - bought it on another combo sale.  Haven't used it yet, but it's what I'm going to pack in for my trip.  I can't remember if I have the Camden or the Soleil - I bought last year to replace another bag.  

Sherri, lots of good time ahead on your family cruise! I’m sure you will enjoy every minute with your “wild man”-it will be a good kind of tired. Enjoy!

Oh yes, I get the “OMG” moment at Costco too. BTW, while gas here in CA is in the $5-6+ range, we paid $3.83 at Costco in Minneapolis! Quite a difference.

Yes, I too am of that age where I wonder what each medical/ dental visit will reveal. No fun for sure! Good luck with yours.

Cynthia, great that your new home is a good “fit” for your wardrobe. I too am a bit tired of the clothes in my closet. Probably because I’ve been wearing everything for more than 2  years with only a couple of new additions. I really prefer shopping in person because I know it will take several “tries” to find something I like and fits well. I have a $20. Coupon for Talbots and there is a store near by so maybe I need to take a look and see what I can find. 

Kat, me thinks that you are ready for your up coming “hiatus” especially with your amazing trip plans ahead.

Good to hear that calcifications are common.. What kind of scan will you have?

Hot weather here too. We tied and exceeded records. I am not a fan. Tomorrow will be cooler and hopefully will include rain. 

Lois, sending more good thoughts leading up to your April 1 surgery.

Celebrating a long time good friend’s milestone birthday today. Made a trip to Total Wine for some adult beverages to gift the birthday boy. Hope we made good choices. 

Have a good day all.

Sharon

• Like 1