for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Sharon - I'm not sure what kind of scan this one will be.  She just said they want to take a closer look.  As long as there is no prep outside of no deodorant, I'm OK.  

We're freakin' hot up here.  There are dirt/rock patches showing up on the ski runs.  Sunny and up to 64 today, which feels like 74 up here at 8100'.  Cools off a little tomorrow and a little more on Tuesday with a chance of some wet snow.  You really want to ski to go out now.  

I'm about 90% set with my "hiatus."  I have to buy a train ticket for the Lyon-Bologna trip (I want to pick a good seat while available) and my plane ticket for Florence-Paris.  I'm still trying to think if basing in Siena for 2 nights on frequent guest points is what I want to do.  And, I'm looking a little closer at what I want to do up around Bologna to see for sure how many days I need to have a car (the prices are hideous now).  I'm not looking at how much I'm spending - at this point I don't care as it's coming out of my stock.  

I have bought a few more sleeveless Tshirts recently.  Since I've been able to wear them to work the past 3 years and then all the Summers, some are looking a little tired.  I did find that I have to go and buy a black bra to wear with some of the dark and cammo ones because the arm holes are a little deep and I don't like the look of my flesh or gray ones showing.  Sweaty Betty has a nice one that has hooks so it's easy to put on.  I have a bright yellow one, so I know how it fits.  My "pull over" bras are painful to put on lately with my blown shoulder.  Sucks to get old...

All by myself today and tomorrow at work.  One is out sick again and the boss has someone from the home office hanging out until I show up tomorrow at 11.  At least there's only 2 owners coming in so there's nothing much to do.  I'll work on my trip some more.  

OOTD:  gray sleeveless T, my light sweater, my flower-embroidered jeans and my tan moto boots.   The jeans are too long to wear my hi-tops.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

It looks like I will have a trip to Lyon in my future too (work-related), trying to work out whether the timing will be early June or late June....

It is nice to get back to traveling internationally again. 😁

ooh.  Nice!   I used to love when I travelled for business.  Got to go more "upscale" than what I could afford 😸   I'm took one of your recs and booked the Globe & Cecil.  

• Like 1

I’m just so excited for our friend, Armen Garo!! He was part of the film CODA that won best picture last night (in fact won all 3 categories they were nominated for)!!!  This is a powerful film on the deaf community. If you like horror (not my genre) he’s is 645 too, that’s to scary for me!!  Armen is a retired RI state trooper that has turned to acting as a retirement gig…looks like it’s working out for him. 

I highly recommend watching CODA, it’s worth your time. 

• Like 2

Good morning, Melody......I didn't see any of the movies but I did read about the story behind CODA. Happy for them.  I know Marlee Matlin had talked about the producers and that they wanted hire hearing folks to play the characters and she said NO WAY and was going to back out if they didn't hire deaf folks.......it is a good thing they did. Made it much more real.

And of course there is the whole Will Smith/Chris Rock thing😲

• Like 1

Good afternoon!

How did things go Lois????  

I'm on the fence with the Smith/Rock thing.  Really bad form to make fun of someone's disease, especially when it has a dramatic change in your physical appearance, like in a wheelchair, using a cane, brain fog, autoimmune causing hair loss.  Did you see the look of hurt on her face?   Smith was probably so amped up with adrenaline and nerves waiting for his category that he just didn't think and went for it.  

It's my Friday!!!!  And, my shifts for the rest of the week got changed to be the closer.  Yay.  19 more days that we work.  I'm going to ask if I can keep my garage key so I can come in and get my custom latte over the Summer and Fall!!!  

I wrote this in the "want to buy stuff" thread, but I figured I'd do it here, too.

The place where I buy my hats, Gigi Pip (also the website) has a new canvas tote bag with straps down the front to hold your hat!!!  I may buy this IF my travel bag fits in the tote.  I paid good money for my hats and it would be nice to have a place to put them when traveling or when it gets too hot/cold to wear it.  The tote doesn't have any locks or zippers, just a center snap.  If my travel bag that has the bells & whistles on it fits, that would be perfect.  If I'm doing France and Italy, I have to have my hat to style out!

Cynthia - I forgot - you'll have to give me the names of the places you eat and which ones you like so I can maybe pick one for the one night I'm there.

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

Day off!!!  

I need a little help here.  I'm wearing my hi-tops into the ground this winter.  I want to get another pair for Summer.  They really are good with my surgically "enhanced" ankle.  But, I'm torn on the color.  I could get the Bone that I have now or the Whisper Pink.   Here's a little pic of both.  What do you think?Hi-tops.thumb.png.9f7e4c4e173723f85a095e34034c13b0.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purduemom1 said:

Lois, sending good thoughts for an easy, successful surgery experience. I will be thinking about tomorrow and wishing you well.

Sharon

Hi Sharon, thanks.......the surgery is Friday. But you can send good thoughts tomorrow too😃

36 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Day off!!!  

I need a little help here.  I'm wearing my hi-tops into the ground this winter.  I want to get another pair for Summer.  They really are good with my surgically "enhanced" ankle.  But, I'm torn on the color.  I could get the Bone that I have now or the Whisper Pink.   Here's a little pic of both.  What do you think?Hi-tops.thumb.png.9f7e4c4e173723f85a095e34034c13b0.png

Hi Kat, I like both actually😃

45 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sharon, thanks.......the surgery is Friday. But you can send good thoughts tomorrow too😃

Oops, and yes I knew it will be Friday.  I think I’m just getting ahead of myself date wise! However, I will still think good thoughts tomorrow too because I know the day before can be stressful. 
Sharon

• Like 1

6 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Day off!!!  

I like both also -- both look like fun neutrals. If I had to pick, I'd lean toward the pink/blush ones. Do you know if the rubber rim and laces are off-white or white?  

The laces are off-white.  the rubber is very dirty now, but I think it was a little bit off-white.   I've really loved my Bone ones all winter.  The back of the hi-top is a soft cushy piece where you always get a blister because the top edge rubs.  And, if my ankle needs support, my black brace fits easily inside of it. 

As for what tops I'm bringing:  Not sure yet.  I've got white, black, grey, olive, camo, blue, teal, you name it.  Bottoms are jeans, railroad overalls and a bone or black pair of pants.  And, my black yoga pants and black hoodie for travel days/lazy nights.   Jean jacket.   

I might to clean up the Bones.  I know I can refresh the rubber, but don't know about the canvas.  Coffee and cocoa splatters, something green and just dirt.  

I really like them both.  Thus my dilemma.  

• Like 1

Kat, I vote for getting both if possible!  If not, I like the blush the best.  

Lois, you will be in my thoughts tomorrow,too.  I hope everything goes well ( it will) and you get great news ( you will).  After all this is over, go book a fabulous cruise! Is your friend coming up for a few days?

Big day today!  The sliders are coming in the front door as I type so hopefully, everything goes well with installation.  My husband thought it was yesterday so we were all ready and they were a no show.  They had us down on the schedule for today, my husband is sure it was their fault.  Could be but if I were betting, I would go with the fault belonging to my husband.😂😂😂

Check up went well, labs were good.  I had gained a little weight, I am blaming it on cruising and grandkids!

Have a great day all of you!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Good morning, thanks Sherri.🙂.....and yes my girlfriend is here already. She had a late flight and stayed at a hotel nearby last night.  I will pick her up later this morning and yes, she will stay with me for a couple of days. She has another friend who lives a bit north of me so she will probably go see her too. 

We are going out for dinner tonight and then I have to come home and start the pre stuff....they have me using an anti bacterial wash......use 1/2 the bottle tonight and the other 1/2 tomorrow morning.

My surgery is not till the afternoon..........so I may not be posting till Sunday.......staying overnight and not sure I will open the lap top after I get home Saturday.

Thanks to all of you for being here🙂

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, thanks Sherri.🙂.....and yes my girlfriend is here already. She had a late flight and stayed at a hotel nearby last night.  I will pick her up later this morning and yes, she will stay with me for a couple of days. She has another friend who lives a bit north of me so she will probably go see her too. 

We are going out for dinner tonight and then I have to come home and start the pre stuff....they have me using an anti bacterial wash......use 1/2 the bottle tonight and the other 1/2 tomorrow morning.

My surgery is not till the afternoon..........so I may not be posting till Sunday.......staying overnight and not sure I will open the lap top after I get home Saturday.

Thanks to all of you for being here🙂

Lois, I'll be thinking of you and I hope all goes very well and with good results for you.

Lois - you will absolutely be in my thoughts all weekend for a good outcome and easy recovery!

Sherri - I know all about the weight gain!  I go back to my NP on the 7th to see if I dropped my off-season gain and dropped my A1C.  Good that your labs were all good.   And, good luck with getting the sliders installed!

I am going to try to clean up the hi-tops before buying anything.  I would love to buy both colors!  Even if I could do that, I'd still have to choose which one to take with me!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Lois, I'll be thinking of you and I hope all goes very well and with good results for you.

Hi Cynthia, thanks😃

10 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Lois - you will absolutely be in my thoughts all weekend for a good outcome and easy recovery!

Sherri - I know all about the weight gain!  I go back to my NP on the 7th to see if I dropped my off-season gain and dropped my A1C.  Good that your labs were all good.   And, good luck with getting the sliders installed!

I am going to try to clean up the hi-tops before buying anything.  I would love to buy both colors!  Even if I could do that, I'd still have to choose which one to take with me!!

Hi Kat, thanks to you too🙂