for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Novice, I am a big yogurt girl but have never taken probiotics. But to be totally honest, I have never had issues with keeping regular. I appreciate your post though. What pill do you take? (just curious). 

I take Health Balance.  It has 8 probiotic strains and 30 billion active cells.  I get it from Costco but I am sure there are other brands on the market that compare.  I too like yoghurt but it doesn’t help me with BM.   

Gisela

An actual cruise 'fashion' question.  

I don't vacation in the middle of summer, so my barge wardrobe is a little "new" for me.  This is really for my whole trip, though.   I think I'm going to do mostly sleeveless shirts for daytime because it's going to be smokin' hot(at least for me).  I want something to just have with me if I want to cover up the arms or going into a church.  I don't do tank tops, but some of my tops don't cover the entire shoulder and I do like to be respectful.   No sweater, no matter how light - no thanks. No pashminas, either.  I don't want anything that will add to my heat.   I was thinking of a basic white button long-sleeve shirt, "boyfriend" style.  Big and airy, wear open or buttoned up a little and tucked "French style".  I have my jeans jacket for evenings, but it definitely doesn't work for daytime.

What do you think?  

Yesterday, sunny and warm enough to sit outside in shorts.  Today, rain and SNOW. Welcome to Spring in the Mountain West!!

• Like 2

Kat, long-sleeved white button down?  Definitely, maybe even one in a SPF50 material (no wrinkles). Very classic look or maybe one of the Athleta or Chicos very lightweight Tencil denim shirts. Melody

Melody - I hope you, your family and friends are safe from that fire!!!!  Sending the rain and snow we have here your way!!!

On the shirt:  I'm going to hunt for that shirt.  I was surprised that I didn't have a white shirt like this already.  I was thinking like you Melody - maybe SPF material.  

OOTD:  it's snowing again, so I've got on my vuori joggers and a long sleeve T.  

• Like 1

Thanks Kat. The wildfire was about 15 miles north of us moving east. We’re so dry. No precipitation at all in April here (usually our wettest month). We’re embracing xeriscape for our entire yard. I’ll take your moisture!!!  Melody

• Like 1

We’ll, we’ve started the backyard renovation. 1500 concrete pavers to add to the 20x30 steel gazebo covered patio. We lost  all of our lawn with the 2 past years of drought. With the likelihood of water becoming more scarce we’ve opted not to replace the lawn. Initial expense will be high but maintenance (& ease of traveling without arranging lawn care) will definitely be easier. We’ll be adding about 25 tons of rock (different sizes) will be coming in too. I’ve laid in a good supply of stick on heat pads, ibuprofen, rubbing ointment 😉. Melody

• Like 2

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

We’ll, we’ve started the backyard renovation. 1500 concrete pavers to add to the 20x30 steel gazebo covered patio. We lost  all of our lawn with the 2 past years of drought. With the likelihood of water becoming more scarce we’ve opted not to replace the lawn. Initial expense will be high but maintenance (& ease of traveling without arranging lawn care) will definitely be easier. We’ll be adding about 25 tons of rock (different sizes) will be coming in too. I’ve laid in a good supply of stick on heat pads, ibuprofen, rubbing ointment 😉. Melody

That sounds like a lot of work, but probably a good idea and will look great when you are done.  Also, a good idea to stock up on supplies!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, awhfy said:

Sounds like a lot of work but looking forward to enjoying the completed project will be worth it. Are you and DH doing this alone or will you have help?

Many here have transitioned to landscaping with rocks, pavers and drought resistant plants. We also see more artificial grass too. 

Will look forward to some pictures of the finished project.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jhsocal said:

On the shirt---maybe a sleeveless top underneath so you could remove shirt if warm and appropriate.

You have it backwards.  i'm wearing sleeveless tops as my primary.  But, if I'm getting too much sun or I'm going into a church or it gets windy, I want the shirt to be able to put it over my top.

Athleta has a shirt with SPF 50 - the Urbanite. I have to go to my store on Main St to see how it would fit if I do have a top underneath.  Expensive, but classy.  I was thinking of going to the local GAP outlet and picking up a cheap men's white shirt...  

I made a decison on those few days between Bologna and Florence - I split them and added to Bologna and Florence.  My hotels are able to adjust my stays.  I can daytrip from either place or sit in a piazza or park and drink.  Maybe even do a day spa.  But, I do feel better with solid hotels.  All I have now is some train reservations and car rental.  Oh, and some restaurant reservations.  I did look at Osteria Francescana in Modena, but already booked for every night I'm in the area.  

ootd:  capri leggings and a long sleeve T - going for a nice walk and help break in my new Merrells.  They were comfy at work, but I need to see how they work on the trail.   

• Like 1

We’ll be doing most of the work ourselves, other than having the rocks delivered (just won’t fit in my little CRV😉). Our son-in-law will scrape the weeds out of the front & medians with his heavy equipment & then we’ll go from there. We’ve decided on fieldstone (to blend with the facing on the house) with some river rock & smaller rock for contrast. We’ve figured the front will take about 20-25 tons & back will be about 50-60 tons of product. Likely will take this summer into fall (easily). I’m pretty sure we can do it less than the $60K quote we received & they couldn’t do it till next year. 

id much rather be cruising!!!  Melody

• Like 2

Good morning, Melody, I had a feeling you were going to say ya'll would be renovating the back yard yourselves🙂.....hope everything  comes out just the way you want it😃

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, Melody, I had a feeling you were going to say ya'll would be renovating the back yard yourselves🙂.....hope everything  comes out just the way you want it😃

If it doesn’t we can’t complain because it was our ideas!!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Will be following along with your summer project, Melody. Hoping all goes well and you LOVE the results. 

It’s coming together slowly but so far it’s moving along. 

• Like 1

Hi girls, I had a few things on my plate concerning upcoming sailings and finally decided to book some🙂

At the end of June I am flying to Barcelona for an 11 night sailing (this cruise is partially making up for something that my surgery got in the way of........).

At the end of August I am going to Alaska and finally doing the land portion to Denali!  I have never been there and have heard wonderful things so very much looking forward to it.  I have been to Alaska but never the land part....should be fun!🙂

At the end of October I am flying to Lisbon and sailing back across the Atlantic for a 2 week TA crossing😃.  I was supposed to do a crossing back in April 2020 but of course that is when Covid hit........so this will be my very first crossing!

And I booked an 11 night Caribbean Cruise for January!🙂  So I have been looking at cruises today🙂

• Like 4

Good morning girls.......the Barcelona cruise has been booked for a few months now. I just never mentioned it.......I booked it back in March when I found about my surgery and cancelled 2 April sailings. And that TA crossing was booked previously too.  So the 2 new ones are really Alaska and the Caribbean. But as for getting serious? I was thinking about my life lately.......I have the finances to do them and it is better than sitting at home turning into an old lady/couch potato😮

• Like 2
  • Haha 1