for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning girls.......the Barcelona cruise has been booked for a few months now. I just never mentioned it.......I booked it back in March when I found about my surgery and cancelled 2 April sailings. And that TA crossing was booked previously too.  So the 2 new ones are really Alaska and the Caribbean. But as for getting serious? I was thinking about my life lately.......I have the finances to do them and it is better than sitting at home turning into an old lady/couch potato😮

hey, you're talking about me with the old lady/couch potato comment!!! <just kidding>.  

Was hoping I could get a little sun today, but it's freakin' snowing.  

Lot of chores indoors to do that I put off while I was working.  Major cleaning.  I can be a real pig when I'm 'in season' and leave lots of crap to do when I don't have just my 2 days off a week.  

OOTD:  my "rabbit on a tank" arm the animals Tshirt and a pair of joggers.  

Hi Kat,🙂 what if I told as a child I was a couch potato........I remember my parents telling me, if they had offered TV as a subject in school,  I would have made straight A's................

• Haha 1

Here’s what we’ve done so far. Waiting for 20 tons (seriously) of rock to be delivered in next 2 weeks (added 14x14 & 10x10 to 12x 20)

9F7F0881-96A1-41E3-9A93-6D64B63AEEBE.jpeg

0790CACF-A4FB-44D1-8930-A5DE60976210.jpeg

01946F0C-5C4B-48B9-A243-B5A9D4FA199C.jpeg

B505D0D8-BD49-4A61-8406-BB562708A3BE.jpeg

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat,🙂 what if I told as a child I was a couch potato........I remember my parents telling me, if they had offered TV as a subject in school,  I would have made straight A's................

Too funny, Lois!  And good for you to get out there and travel now.😂

Sherri🙂

Hi everyone -- I'm in a hotel by Heathrow waiting for tomorrow and my flight home. The cruise was very good BUT too crowded. The cruise director announced at the beginning that it was the highest capacity sailing so far this year for Celebrity, hmmm.....  There was COVID around the ship too -- two different entertainers (e.g., not the same act) came down with it and had to be replaced. It did make me a bit nervous about fully enjoying myself and socializing with others. But thankfully my COVID test that I needed today in order to fly home tomorrow was negative. The ports were interesting and new to me. We did have to swap out our day in Le Havre for a day in Zeebrugge (for Bruges) due to a port worker strike....  Still love Italy and the Med more!!!!

@slidergirl  Don't know if you're still looking for a cover-up solution, but I used to have a shirt similar to this one, back when I was doing a lot of traveling on the North African coast -- Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco. The gauze is perfect, light, and wrinkles don't matter. I like this version as it has a little style and was thinking of getting one for myself for the summer:

https://www.nicandzoe.com/shop/shoreline-gauze-top-S221634.html?lang=en_GB#product-img-0

Interesting to see what projects and travels are being planned. I know one thing I want to "plan" when I get back is to get in better shape. Too much sitting around during COVID! 😳  I need to be able to put in my miles of city walking/wandering without getting wiped out.

• Like 3

@cruisemom42:  Good to hear you are negative and one the way home.   Sounds like the number of people getting back into cruising is rapidly increasing.  

The white shirt:  I remembered I have an ex-officio white shirt around somewere in one of my "too big now to wear" bags.  As an overshirt it may work.  

Went and got my booster #2 a few hours ago.  Now I have a little headache but a major upset stomach.  Drinking some ginger beer now.  Ugh.  At least it's done.

OOTD:  jeans, gray Woolx short-sleeve shirt.  And the new merrells to keep working them.  

• Like 1

This is weird........I swear I posted earlier this morning.........but my post is not here☹️..........

Cynthia, just wanted to say I hope you made it home safely and glad you had a good cruise (sans the amount of people on board the ship).

I hope this submits correctly............

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

This is weird........I swear I posted earlier this morning.........but my post is not here☹️..........

Cynthia, just wanted to say I hope you made it home safely and glad you had a good cruise (sans the amount of people on board the ship).

I hope this submits correctly............

I've had a few of those kind of posts...

Lois - I was watching Diners, Drive-ins and Dives for a little last night (no judgement please) and Guy was doing Barcelona.  I immediately though of you!!  

Cynthia - when are you doing your business trip?  

It's a yucky, overcast day today with rain later.  Tomorrow it'll be maybe up 60  but rainy, but Tuesday- high of 42 with snow/rain.  Not a fun week here.  

I've got my assorted Italian salumi, cheese and crackers ready for tonight.  And the bottle of prosecco is chilling in the fridge.  

• Like 1

Hi Kat, I always watch Guy's shows........why would anyone judge anyone about it?  Some folks like him and others not so much but I love seeing all the diner's around the country🙂

I know he took he older son to Europe and they filmed in a bunch of places.......Barcelona must have been part of that series.

Do you ever watch The Grocery Games? I love that show!😃

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat, I always watch Guy's shows........why would anyone judge anyone about it?  Some folks like him and others not so much but I love seeing all the diner's around the country🙂

I know he took he older son to Europe and they filmed in a bunch of places.......Barcelona must have been part of that series.

Do you ever watch The Grocery Games? I love that show!😃

He filmed in our favorite Italian restaurant here in Colorado Springs (Paravacinis). Got us started watching his show

Lois, I made a post earlier today & it never showed up either. I think cc burped. Melody 

Good morning........so, who else visited Venice with Stanley last night?😃.  I  thought it was a wondeiful episode and everytime  I would see a bridge? It all came rushing back.......I LOVE Venice!😃

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning........so, who else visited Venice with Stanley last night?😃.  I  thought it was a wondeiful episode and everytime  I would see a bridge? It all came rushing back.......I LOVE Venice!😃

I love Venice, too!  Thought I had schedule the show to be recorded but evidently, I did not or I did something wrong.   Guess I will have to catch it in reruns.😂

Cynthia, welcome home!

Sherri🙂

• Thanks 1

Hi Ladies!   I'm sorry, I'm not caught up at all!  I'm packing madly, & just read the updated weather reports for London & Rome;  looks like we're getting a bit of sunshine!   Rome will have late afternoon T-Storms on a few days, but honestly I love evening T-Storms in Rome  🙂

We leave on Thursday...  hoping to finish packing this afternoon, then it's lashes & Mani-pedis tomorrow 🙂

Packing super light this time, since the weather is cooperating!

-Debbie

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi Ladies!   I'm sorry, I'm not caught up at all!  I'm packing madly, & just read the updated weather reports for London & Rome;  looks like we're getting a bit of sunshine!   Rome will have late afternoon T-Storms on a few days, but honestly I love evening T-Storms in Rome  🙂

We leave on Thursday...  hoping to finish packing this afternoon, then it's lashes & Mani-pedis tomorrow 🙂

-Debbie

Hi Debbie, so good to see you again😃 Been thinking about you. How are you feeling? And I didn't realize you are going to London and Rome!  Sounds wonderful😃Wishing you a wonderful trip.....is this a cruise? Land Trip? Or both?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

-Debbie

Have a wonderful, wonderful trip -- two of my absolute favorite locations are London and Rome. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

-Debbie

Hi Debbie, wishing you an amazing trip. Looking forward to reading about your adventures. Safe travels, happy memories!

Sharon

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 9:44 AM, sjb317 said:

I love Venice, too!  Thought I had schedule the show to be recorded but evidently, I did not or I did something wrong.   Guess I will have to catch it in reruns.😂

Cynthia, welcome home!

Sherri🙂

Well, Sherri, I guess I too am hoping for a rerun of the episode since also missed it.😢

Sharon

7 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Well, Sherri, I guess I too am hoping for a rerun of the episode since also missed it.😢

Sharon

Last season they tended to re-run the previous week's episode right before the new one.

• Like 1

Good morning🙂........Cynthia is correct.......many times they would run the previous week's episode before the newest one.

• Like 1