for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Hello from Barcelona,it is a lovely temperature and not crowded like last August .

I feel much better today as felt terrible yesterday after the 30 hours of travelling and jet lag .We went to a casual restaurant last night called Alfonso ,we’ve been before but this time there was a queue outside,we waited and had some nice tapas and the tomato bread .

We were going to go to Monteresat today before we drive to Costa Brava but decided to have a restful day.

I hope those who are traveling are enjoying their time.

Ive never added a photo so thought I would see if it works.

IMG_5305.jpeg

• Like 4

Definitely spend the extra time while vision will allow touring. That’s a miserable combo of macular with glaucoma. 

23 hours ago, awhfy said:

Kat, Brooklyn joggers are 40% off at Athleta. I just got another pair. Melody

I'm not a jogger person.  The two that I have I use strictly in the house.  Just not a flattering thing on me.  But I did see the linen shorts and thought about them.  Looked at the inseam - 4" - which is 2" shorter than what I want.  Sigh.  I think I'm stocked up now with new shirts and shorts and leggings that will fit me for the summer.  (says the compulsive shopper)

7 hours ago, MrToblerone said:

Hello from Barcelona,it is a lovely temperature and not crowded like last August .

I feel much better today as felt terrible yesterday after the 30 hours of travelling and jet lag .We went to a casual restaurant last night called Alfonso ,we’ve been before but this time there was a queue outside,we waited and had some nice tapas and the tomato bread .

We were going to go to Monteresat today before we drive to Costa Brava but decided to have a restful day.

I hope those who are traveling are enjoying their time.

Ive never added a photo so thought I would see if it works.

IMG_5305.jpeg

I took that same photo!   Have a wonderful time!

Trip down the mountain to see my Dental Hygienist.  Quick and easy cleaning.   Since I was already down the mountain, did a quick trip to Trader Joe's.  I used my last bottle of spaghetti sauce so I did need more.  Just picked up some more of my staples that I was getting short on.  Nothing new and exciting this time.  It seemed that the store was running low on a lot of things, waiting for their next delivery.  Have to wait for the June Fearless Flyer before I go back.

OOTD:  warm and sunny, 72 up here, 82 in the Valley.  Wore my black short-sleeve coveralls and my white leather high-tops.  Add my aviator sunglasses and I looked pretty spiffy.   

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I forgot to mention:  Anyone looking for an inexpensive linen dress to wear:  Quince had some dresses at very good price points.  I had picked up the Linen long sleeve shirt dress earlier.  I got the L although I probably could have done an M (still concerned about boob fit).  On the website it looks short on the 5'9" model, but on me it's mid knee-length in front and longer in the back (like a shirt tail) and I'm 5'8".  It's so comfortable and casual.  I could wear it as-is or with a belt.  The sleeves roll up with tab thingies.  AND IT HAS POCKETS!  At $49.90 I had to give it a try.  It should be good to wear with sneakers, flats, sandals, wedges.  

OOTD:  warm again, but a little windy and some kind of fuzz blowing around, sending my allergies crazy.  Offwhite Athleta Farallon shorts (a little big, but OK for the house) and a sleeveless Prana Tshirt.  

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

Hi girls, sitting at the Newark Airport waiting to board my flight home. Overall I had a good time and met some nice folks but I really forgot how many people are on board.....how noisy everything seemed to be

And they kept so many public spaces feeling so cold! OMG.....Kat,  I think I caught a cough....and remembered you had a bad one. What did you take for relief???? If it doesn't calm down soon I will have to call the Dr.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, sitting at the Newark Airport waiting to board my flight home. Overall I had a good time and met some nice folks but I really forgot how many people are on board.....how noisy everything seemed to be

And they kept so many public spaces feeling so cold! OMG.....Kat,  I think I caught a cough....and remembered you had a bad one. What did you take for relief???? If it doesn't calm down soon I will have to call the Dr.

Oh no!   Well, I tried what Melody suggested because I didn't want to do the hydrocodone again (only last resort).  I got Tesslon pearls and Robotussin AC, both prescription.  Unfortunately they really didn't work to get rid of it all, but enough that I could go out in public and not afraid that I'd cough my lung out.  I'm now basically back to coughing within about an hour of eating, when I go to bed and when I wake up.  So, I'm doing the Zyrtec/Prilosec that my ENT put me on that finished it mostly off.  There are so many crappy things going around right now and it's impossible to tell what one has - Covid, cold, respiratory, flu, allergy...  I think I was 90% over my flu when I went to Las Vegas and picked up the cough thing.  

• Like 1

On 5/28/2024 at 8:19 AM, awhfy said:

Definitely spend the extra time while vision will allow touring. That’s a miserable combo of macular with glaucoma. 

My husband also has both. His eyesight is failing, and we're trying to get in as many things he wants to see as we can.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2024 at 12:28 PM, awhfy said:

Lois, try Delsym cough syrup & Tessalon cough pearls. Syrup is OTC. Pearls are prescription 

I got the Publix brand of Delsym because it is the same ingredient but the bottle was over 5.00 less for Publix brand. I also got some Mucinex cough drops that the pharmacist recommended. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

My husband also has both. His eyesight is failing, and we're trying to get in as many things he wants to see as we can.

It’s such an awful thing

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

It’s such an awful thing

It is. He has brown spots in his sight and is losing peripheral vision. I do most of the driving, but he gets around by picking non-rush hour, dark, or rainy times.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

It is. He has brown spots in his sight and is losing peripheral vision. I do most of the driving, but he gets around by picking non-rush hour, dark, or rainy times.

That stinks, hope it takes a long time, if they can’t cure it

• Like 2

I also get my eyes tested every year for pressure which was high ,but thankful it has settled down.

We are enjoying Costa Brava before our cruise ,it is starting to warm up here so we were able to swim in the ocean yesterday which was exhilarating .Still not many tourists .

• Like 3

The dilemma now is does Karin have the major knee surgery tomorrow or postpone it till after Hawaii (she’s determined to go). She’s in a wheelchair, would wear her zero degree brace & walking boot on other leg & use a wheelchair. With this waterproof brace she can float in the  ocean or pool. If she has the surgery tomorrow she’ll have all the above except no water after the surgery.  This is my hiker, runner, active PE teacher that teaches swimming & lifeguarding & loves the water. Sigh. Melody 

4 hours ago, awhfy said:

The dilemma now is does Karin have the major knee surgery tomorrow or postpone it till after Hawaii (she’s determined to go). She’s in a wheelchair, would wear her zero degree brace & walking boot on other leg & use a wheelchair. With this waterproof brace she can float in the  ocean or pool. If she has the surgery tomorrow she’ll have all the above except no water after the surgery.  This is my hiker, runner, active PE teacher that teaches swimming & lifeguarding & loves the water. Sigh. Melody 

Oh no!!! 🙀  We need to wrap you all up in bubble wrap!!   So sorry 'bout this for her.  Knees are the worst for travel - can't use those knee scooters.   If she has to have the chair post-surgery, if it was me, I'd wait until after the vacation.  I couldn't do Hawaii and not be able to get in the water.  

We're getting the heat wave starting tomorrow.  Ugh.  August temperatures (the 80s) in June.  I was just getting used to the low 70s.  Not ready for mid 80s 😾.  I guess I'll have a chance to wear my linen...

• Like 1

I am back from another quick visit to Jacksonville dealing with parents. My sister and I found an assisted living place for them and they will move in next week. Tough choices to make and it's sad to see them no longer able to live on their own, but they've had a very good run until recently (Dad is 97, Mom is 91...)

Now I need to put in my final planning for upcoming Azamara cruise and brief visits in London and Bath beforehand.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

I am back from another quick visit to Jacksonville dealing with parents. My sister and I found an assisted living place for them and they will move in next week. Tough choices to make and it's sad to see them no longer able to live on their own, but they've had a very good run until recently (Dad is 97, Mom is 91...)

Now I need to put in my final planning for upcoming Azamara cruise and brief visits in London and Bath beforehand.

Hi Cynthia, hope the move for your parents goes smoothly. It can be a very stressful event.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We just got back from Minneapolis last night,spent the weekend with our grandson graduating from high school. 844 students in his class but they managed to give out the diplomas in about 1 hour! Our son flew in from Australia so we had some time with him as well.

Flight back yesterday was intersting, I don’t think I’ve ever seen that many people coughing and sneezing on a plane before. Including me!  I have evidently come home with an upper respiratory infection, so I am feeling your pain, Lois!  I hope you are feel better soon!

Melody, I am thinking you and family have had enough health issues and all deserve a vacation.  I have to agree with Kat, I would hold off on the surgery until after the trip.

I am feeling your pain too, Cynthia  as we are dealing an older parent too.  My dad needs to go into assisted living but refuses to leave his house.  He will be 90 in September and is mentally gong downhill. Latest issue is he made a mess of his bank account, my brother had to take it over and pay bills, etc.  Now dad is accusing him of trying to steal Dad’s money.  This is very difficult for my brother as he was always the favorite child who could never do wrong in my father”s eyes.   Fun times for my siblings!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

That’s such a stressful thing. Hope all goes well

• Thanks 1