The Daily for Thursday Mar 19, 2020 fka Fleet Report

richwmn

4 hours ago, summer slope said:

Our Travel Agents office is closed until April 1.  I'm sure that information is in her inbox.  Still excited about getting what we are.  So love HAL.

Wasn’t it a wonderful time? Even for us on her for 4 days was the best!

Denise😊

• Like 1

I sent an email to HAL requesting clarification of the deadline to cancel a cruise. Here is the response:

Thank you for your recent correspondance with Holland America Line. We have increased the date applicable to cancel under our short term cancel policy, we are now allowing sailings up to July 31st to cancel and have a Future Cruise Credit issued equal to the cancel fees. You are welcome to cancel your reservation up to 48 hours prior to the start of your cruise vacation with us. I hope you find this information helpful, please feel free to contact us if we may be of additional assistance or visit us online.

• Thanks 1

Latest from HAL on Maasdam and Zaandam

MAASDAM: Holland America Line is aware of the announcement by the Hawaii Department of Transportation to restrict disembarkation of all cruise ships in the state. We have been actively working with Hawaiian authorities today to see if there is any possibility of reconsidering this decision. The ship is proceeding to Honolulu for arrival tomorrow. Maasdam will be permitted to load provisions and fuel in Honolulu. We will provide an update when we have more information on disembarkation.

ZAANDAM: The ship is sailing to Valparaiso, Chile, for a service call March 20 to take on fuel and other provisions. It will depart that evening and continue a northerly route. Holland America Line is working on options for guests to disembark and travel home. Updates will be provided as soon as they are known.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, richwmn said:

Maasdam is sailing for San Diego after her bunkering/provisioning call in Honolulu

Zaandam  is sailing for Puerto Vallarta or San Diego after her bunkering/provisioning call in Valparaiso 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richwmn said:

Good evening Rich!

Well just got the news!!Our Governor asked us To Stay at home!! This is the best way to win this virus by staying home.

California with over 30+ Million wow! My David and I got so much at the store for our daughter this morning before all this started! We surprised her at the house with all the supplies while at work!

Just wanted to let you know! This is so real and not a movie!

Take care Rich!

I will be here for the Daily tomorrow!

Denise😊

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Good evening Rich!

Well just got the news!!Our Governor asked us To Stay at home!! This is the best way to win this virus by staying home.

California with over 30+ Million wow! My David and I got so much at the store for our daughter this morning before all this started! We surprised her at the house with all the supplies while at work!

Take care Rich!

Denise😊

At 10pm Thursday evening the Athens-Clarke county council passed an ordinance shutting down everything except essential businesses and mandating that everyone stay at home. The mandate misses me since I actually live about 2000 feet outside the limits of Athens-Clarke County.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, richwmn said:

At 10pm Thursday evening the Athens-Clarke county council passed an ordinance shutting down everything except essential businesses and mandating that everyone stay at home. The mandate misses me since I actually live about 2000 feet outside the limits of Athens-Clarke County.

2000 ft hun?? LOL😊  Thanks  Rich! We all will get through this! Your the best.

look forward to THE DAILY TOMORROW!

Good night 

Denise😊

3 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Good evening Rich!

Take care Rich!

Denise😊

Yeah, but did you get TP, Denise? 

Corona Virus.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Yeah, but did you get TP, Denise? 

Corona Virus.jpg

I will have to borrow this one John.  

BTW, once again you made me thank my luck in finding CC and people like you. Your wonderful offer to meet a fellow member’s parents Is very special. 

Ann

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lindaler said:

I am missing my daily for the 20th.  Hope Rich didn’t go down in person to see how many ships or in Puerto Vallarta 

because of posts to this one, it fell to the second page.

On 3/19/2020 at 4:07 PM, ger_77 said:

I just saw this on one of the HAL pages on FB from someone on the Zaandam; it was posted about 4 hours ago:

Update on the Zaandam cruise: The Captain announcement this morning advised we will be arriving at Valparaiso around 8am tomorrow morning. We will NOT be allowed to dock or disembark but only anchored in the bay. Arrangements have been made for fuel and stores(17 sea containers) to be brought to the ship and loaded via cranes. Supplies for another couple of weeks.
Should be interesting to see.
Peru and Ecuador will not let us disembark so we are continuing north.
I personally anticipate we will be onboard another week or two. Everyone is healthy so we are ok. Food is great and so is the wine. A little surf and turf at the Gala last night.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Glad to read all on Zaandam  are healthy.  Sorry    no one  can  debark  but in the whole scheme.....   Be well, stay safe and enjoy your  wonderful  days on Zaandam