What happened to the crews?

I might have missed it, but what happened to the crews on the O ships?  For instance, I noticed Sirena is berthed at it's usual "J" position on Miami.  I assume the Captain, staff and operating crew are on board, but what about the hotel staff, entertainers, food service workers?.  I don;t recall if the entire ship is on quarantine.    Are they free to debark the ship?  

On the Sirena, the butlers returned to India today. All the Philippine staff are staying on board because they cannot travel back to their country. The entertainers such as the string quartet are staying on board because they cannot travel back to Ukraine.Most of the crew will simply stay in place but some who finished contracts will attempt to travel if regulations permit.

1 hour ago, alfagee said:

I saw that on some cruise lines, the crew are being allowed to use the cabins and dining spaces usually reserved for guests. A tiny bright spot amidst all the gloom.

Celebrity Captain Kate is making her crew very happy.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17854489048868145/?hl=en

I don't know if this will open but I think you can copy to Google and open.  It's very sweet and uplifting.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruisingxpert said:

If it opens and there is no sound double click on her name at top and it will take you to her home page and

you can click on "Justcrewit"

For those of us that are not on nor plan on signing up to any FB, Tweet, Instagram, etc - what does it say?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

For those of us that are not on nor plan on signing up to any FB, Tweet, Instagram, etc - what does it say?

I don't think you need to have an account.  Captain Kate decided to stay with her crew even though she was due to go home.  They are sailing around nowhere and she put each one of her crew in their own cabin.  1300 crew and 1400 cabins.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

I don't think you need to have an account.  Captain Kate decided to stay with her crew even though she was due to go home.  They are sailing around nowhere and she put each one of her crew in their own cabin.  1300 crew and 1400 cabins.

Thank you. That's a very nice gesture. I wonder who got the OS?😀

• Like 1

20 hours ago, KS&JW said:

Thanks!  That did work.  I had googled briefly but didn't find anything helpful.  I appreciate your help!

So no OS for the crew, "just" balcony cabins ... which I know are far nicer than their usual digs.

Mura

I didn't look at the link but somehow it rings a bit phony, like a look at me promo stunt by LLP. They had big plans for the International Women's day with the All Female Bridge crew, but it was eclipsed by what was happening with the coronavirus. I'm curious if Capt Kate had input on this, i.e., had to run it by Miami, or just decided to do it?

I do like the idea of using some of Carnivals ships as hospital rooms. But that could be tricky. We've already seen that a cruise ship is not the best environment for confinement. 

58 minutes ago, ORV said:

I'm curious if Capt Kate had input on this, i.e., had to run it by Miami, or just decided to do it?

I suspect it was from the "powers that be"

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

The brand, which encompasses Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises, Azamara and Silversea, is giving their hard-working crew an opportunity to experience spaces usually reserved for guests. 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5218/

Why not let the crew  use the cabins also 

they more more daylight than their crew quarters

18 hours ago, Mura said:

Thanks!  That did work.  I had googled briefly but didn't find anything helpful.  I appreciate your help!

So no OS for the crew, "just" balcony cabins ... which I know are far nicer than their usual digs.

Mura

No, the suites were given out randomly to the crew as well.