P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

We quite like it that bigger hotels have some decent entertainment. Elvis and Queen tonight. On Tuesday they had the drifters, but TBH. I thought they would be older by now.🤣

16 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Talking about birds, I had duck for dinner. TBH, it was a bit dry. A squirt of chocolate sauce sorted that. Duck a la chocolate orange. A squirt of chocolate sauce improves most dishes.

20231005_200759.jpg

Looks like your having a great time .Nice food and nice tribute bands .

The Drifters were popular in clubland , problem was which one did you go to see as there 

were loads of drifters . 

I once watched a UB40 tribute band called WD40. They were a bit rusty at first, but got

better as the evening went on.🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 18

Just now, kalos said:

Looks like your having a great time .Nice food and nice tribute bands .

The Drifters were popular in clubland , problem was which one did you go to see as there 

were loads of drifters . 

I once watched a UB40 tribute band called WD40. They were a bit rusty at first, but got

better as the evening went on.🙃

I flew back from Milan business class. The EU were paying my fare, so why not. Bonney M were in the club class cabin as well. I subsequently found out there were 13 different Bonney M"s. It doesn't say that Elvis tonight is a tribute act.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

He isn't .  His proper job is a chippy in Scunthorpe ,which he doesn't like and

he wants out, he feels ..🎵 He's Cod In  A Trap 🎵 🤣

The compare said he will be spectaculo. Seems another day around the pool tomorrow.  The weather will be scorchio.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm pleased to hear Gail and yourself are having a great time John.

Thanks Graham. Best wishes to Pauline and yourself. We thought of you today.  We were wandering around  Cuidadella looking for a Greggs.🤣

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

As a Putney lad I can't remember that.  You must come from the posh end.

Hildyard Road, SW6.  I didn't come from there but I flat shared with four friends from age 17 to 20.  The Harwood Arms, think it's still there but haven't been for ages.  Used to get surprise pop acts, last one I saw there was Steve Winwood in 1978.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

The compare said he will be spectaculo. Seems another day around the pool tomorrow.  The weather will be scorchio.

A bit disappointing really. It wasn't Elvis at all. Just some bloke pretending to be Elvis, Tina Turner and Freddie Mercury. Although quite entertaining not as advertised. Perhaps he will turn up on P&O one day....perhaps.🤣

• Haha 6

Hello all, less than an hour left of my John’s birthday! We had a fairly quiet day. Had lunch in Bluewater, sorry Megabear didn’t photograph the food.

Here’s my better half with a glass of red though.

Sadly we had a bit of a scare with my mum but alls well. 
I’m trying not to be too sad that we should be on Britannia tomorrow going round Spain and Portugal for 13 nights 😔

IMG_9623.jpeg

• Like 18

10 hours ago, indiana123 said:

I went to Newnham Court Shopping/Garden Centre yesterday.  Known to locals as Notcutts.  Near Maidstone.

Well, I thought I had walked into Santa's Grotto, it was like a winter wonderland and not finished yet.  Its not in a straight line so you walk round and find more round the corner.  The only lights were from christmas trees and fairy lights.

The only thing missing was their all singing and dancing 6ft high  deers that  usually greet you singing christmas choruses AND it was only October 4th!😼

We’ve been at Bluewater today, I was shocked to see John Lewis had their Christmas lights over the escalators and a display of decorations! 

8 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Wednesday night Grab a granny in my Navy days in Chatham 😁

Oh blimey, I’ve spent all my life in the Gillingham/Rainham area! Used to love Navy Days at the Dockyard before they closed it down.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Hello all, less than an hour left of my John’s birthday! We had a fairly quiet day. Had lunch in Bluewater, sorry Megabear didn’t photograph the food.

I’m trying not to be too sad that we should be on Britannia tomorrow going round Spain and Portugal for 13 nights 😔

IMG_9623.jpeg

Happy birthday John.

john-5.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

IMG_9623.jpeg

Belated happy birthday to John. 
i was at Bluewater yesterday too, with daughter #1 and my grandson 😊

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Beautiful but cold morning here in Prague. 

IMG_2243.thumb.jpeg.d0a0d2804ab9ab67ce5f0cbeb4980196.jpeg

We’re fulfilling a longstanding dream to post on a cruise site from a totally landlocked country. [Joining our cruise in a few hours.]

Hope that you all have a good day.

I hope you enjoy Prague and have an amazing cruise.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

We’ve been at Bluewater today, I was shocked to see John Lewis had their Christmas lights over the escalators and a display of decorations! 

Only 2 more pay days to Christmas! 😊😱🎄

Edited by alpha whiskey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning everyone it’s a fresh 14 and a bright sky this morning, other half is off for his last run this morning, been in training this week to do the Bournemouth 5k run along the beach, he’s gone from power walking to I want to do the 5 k run next Saturday so only started running this week 😱 but as long as he’s happy & healthy doing it I’m not worried, so that run is tomorrow night at 7 o’clock which they run in the dark with glow lights or face paints etc so I brought him a neon glow in the dark t shirt 😁.

Enjoy your weekend everyone and any of this mini heatwave we’re supposed to be getting 🤔

• Like 11

Good morning. Light rain, with the promise of better to come.  Off to Chester today for a reunion weekend. First time in the area so will explore. Looking forward to seeing ex colleagues and friends I served with many years ago. It was an annual event until you know what, but started again two years ago. Held in different cities each year, 24 in Stirling. Weather is forecast to be very good, a bonus.

Still got my fingers crossed !

• Like 11

9 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

About time they had their advert on telly. A bit late this Christmas.  Happy Christmas all. Ho, ho,ho.🎅

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, alpha whiskey said:

Only 2 more pay days to Christmas! 😊😱🎄

If we think about it ,that could be the very reason the shops are decked out with 

festive wares . A week or so before was great when we all were on weekly pay packets .

I like this time of year as it's filled with expectation . No sooner does one door close and 

another one opens ., but that's enough about me with the advent calendars 🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

48 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Good morning. Light rain, with the promise of better to come.  Off to Chester today for a reunion weekend. First time in the area so will explore. Looking forward to seeing ex colleagues and friends I served with many years ago. It was an annual event until you know what, but started again two years ago. Held in different cities each year, 24 in Stirling. Weather is forecast to be very good, a bonus.

Still got my fingers crossed !

Lovely old city; I went to school there.  If you have time, there is lots to see.  Don't miss the Rows, very picturesque.

• Like 4

Chilly start here, bit disappointing as the projected temperature today is 22°, we live in hope as the sun has just come out. Funny how I feel cold as soon as 1 October comes along, I'm sure its psychosomatic!

Today's the first day I've been hungry since this healthy Wiltshire thing started.  Scrambled egg with a meagre slice of pave plus Greek yoghurt with a few blueberries and raspberries hasn't really cut it with a 1500m swim I'm afraid.  Will have to get on with it but fighting like mad not to go on a splurge with my OH's bread and cereals!

Worse than that the neighbours are planning a bbq tomorrow and my proposed veggie kebabs sound extremely miserable compared with the rib eye steaks they're planning.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Worse than that the neighbours are planning a bbq tomorrow and my proposed veggie kebabs sound extremely miserable compared with the rib eye steaks they're planning.

Look on the bright side Mb, it might rain😇

Avril

• Haha 8