P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 minutes ago, janny444 said:

Was it Fussels cream in a tin 🤔 

Sometimes but mum wanted a big tin of Carnation milk ,that way they could have

a creamy tea or coffee with any leftover 

10 hours ago, July morning said:

I live about 30 minutes from them,  we go there for a walk sometimes. The Kelpies have lights inside of them and they change colour very striking when it's dark 🙂

We missed out on seeing them at night 😟 you are lucky to have two such good places to visit on your doorstep.

11 minutes ago, kalos said:

Sometimes but mum wanted a big tin of Carnation milk ,that way they could have

a creamy tea or coffee with any leftover 

We always had a tinned salmon salad for our Sunday tea.Followed by tinned fruit in syrup and carnation milk.Hate syrup now but didn't know any different then.Never used the posh word lunch,always dinner then tea.That's why I always call it Christmas dinner even though it's served no later than 4pm.Back in the day I never heard of high tea or supper.

• Like 4

On 9/21/2024 at 2:27 PM, Snow Hill said:

It has been a warm and sunny morning here last lot of post holiday washing washed & dried, I have been doing some deadheading and pruning and clearing moss off top patio in readiness for jet washing when we get another dry spell.

Picked some more tomatoes and sweet peppers from greenhouse, pulled a couple of beetroot for boiling. 

Sky has gone dark, so guess rain is on its way.

I think you said you're a Wolves supporter.I'll sell you back your old manager for 2 beetroots.Or VNO perhaps 1.

Morning all,

A dull, damp, drizzly day again here and still mild.

Why do things start to play up at night time? Got into bed last night and the smoke alarm decided to start beeping as the battery is getting low. Of course we didn't have the right size battery, so it's been beeping all night. We were hoping for a good night's sleep last night as we won't get much, if any, tonight as we are travelling up to Gatwick. Typical!

Today's agenda is a trip to the shops, batteries on the top of the list, and finish the packing.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, pete14 said:

I have to say Graham that eating hot McDonalds food (or tepid when you are ready to eat it) seems a little out of order in a new car. I have had my new car for a couple of months now and no food of any description has been eaten in it. It still has the lingering new car smell untainted by the smell of fast food.

Looking out at the beautiful sea like we do on our P&O Aft cabins is what we like to do.

I could still smell the newness in our last 2 cars when we traded them in after 2 years.

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

We always had a tinned salmon salad for our Sunday tea.Followed by tinned fruit in syrup and carnation milk.Hate syrup now but didn't know any different then.Never used the posh word lunch,always dinner then tea.That's why I always call it Christmas dinner even though it's served no later than 4pm.Back in the day I never heard of high tea or supper.

My mother used to add breadcrumbs to the salmon make it go further ...there were 5 of us and yes tinned salmon ...had to be red...only served at Sunday tea...never ever during the week

• Like 2

I think Christmas Dinner is always called that, regardless of when it is eaten.  I know lots of people have it early afternoon; I have always preferred to have it in the evening, say 6 or 6.30.  But suspect my family are in the minority.  Often enjoy Boxing Day more, with cold bird and some of the extras, but hot roasteds of course.  Much easier on the cook.

• Like 1

We always had tinned salmon for tea on Sundays too which is probably why I don't buy it now.  I buy fresh salmon now and grill it to have with either salad or potatoes and vegetables.

We have Christmas Dinner at lunchtime on Christmas Day.

Boxing Day is a lazy day for me since I stopped having family around and I refuse all invitations to go to visit either DH's or my siblings.  There are only 2 of us to cook for so it is leftovers from Christmas Day and then lazing in front of the TV and eating chocolates etc.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, pete14 said:

I have to say Graham that eating hot McDonalds food (or tepid when you are ready to eat it) seems a little out of order in a new car. I have had my new car for a couple of months now and no food of any description has been eaten in it. It still has the lingering new car smell untainted by the smell of fast food.

After having 20 new company and our own cars Pete over the last 45 years eating in my car especially as my job was a sales representative is not a problem but I can understand if you don't get a new car very often why you don't want to eat in it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pete14 said:

After having 20 new company and our own cars Pete over the last 45 years eating in my car especially as my job was a sales representative is not a problem but I can understand if you don't get a new car very often why you don't want to eat in it.