P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Just a bit of overnight rain here ,and pale grey  skies this morning.  What I hate is the power going off when it is dark outside, and admit to being quite afraid of that happening again.  Got small torches round the house and I  know where they are, in case it happens again. Not nice if you live on your own.  It is the not knowing if it is for 5 minutes, or hours on end.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

Well we were well and truly battered yesterday, house struck by lightening, flooded roads and they have forecast more to come today...Joy!

Screenshot_20240922-092546_Gallery.jpg

Sorry to hear about the lightning strike on your house.

I hope your house is okay.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

13°C and cloudy here.

I'm enjoying driving my new automatic car and my left hip agrees.

I hope everyone is well this morning and we all have an enjoyable day.

My left knee agrees with my automatic as well.

36 minutes ago, kalos said:

Hope not too much damage done to your house with the lightening strike.

Take care .

Not our house thank goodness another one in the city. Apologies if you thought different.

29 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I hope that the lightening strike didn't do too much damage to your house.  My sister texted last night to say that a house on Saxonfields which is not far from her had been hit by lightening and that her power had gone off.

That is the house I was referring to not ours. We had a near miss in 1997, hit our next door but one neighbours house blew a hole in the roof, bounced over ours blew the telephone line out and scorched the curtain then started a fire in a house further down the road. Not something you can forget about easily.

18 hours ago, davecttr said:

Been a long time since posting, life gets in the way and my next cruise is not until June  2025. I passed my annual prostate review and have a new diabetes injection, once a week instead of daily. How much does it cost? Over £90 for one pen with 4 weekly doses for the NHS, otherwise from about £150 in the UK and in the USA the list price is over $1000. Seeing the consultant next week to plan my hand operations.

My bank contacted me today with the proper security protocols. There was a suspicious purchase on my credit card of 21 PENCE by a medical testing company in West Virginia yesterday evening. So the card is now blocked and a new card is being issued. Why 21 pence? and how did whoever did it get my credit card details? I did buy a Duracell charger from Argos online yesterday morning and collected it from the local store.

It is always good to hear from someone who hasn’t posted for a while.   Sounds like your medical problems are being solved bit by bit and hope it’s not too long before you are on the high seas again!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Good Morning,

A very wet day here again, with heavy rain and flood warnings in place, but mild at 16c.

We had the storms yesterday morning and since having been struck by lightening many years ago, we now unplug any electrical items.

Going lunch today, to save on the cooking and washing up.

Still need to get the packing done for going away tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Buon Viaggio Purplesea,still hot in the South,our friends are posting pics of the beach etc,well jealous.One thunderstorm in the night for half hour here and no more rain until 3pm.Time for me to walk to the gym and back.The fields shouldn't be too muddy.Brian.

2 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

Well we were well and truly battered yesterday, house struck by lightening, flooded roads and they have forecast more to come today...Joy!

Screenshot_20240922-092546_Gallery.jpg

Hope there wasn’t too much damage to your house. So far we haven’t had any rain, I am sure we will though!!!

Michelle