P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Well, as the ruies have been bent for the last 4 months,  I doubt that they will break in the next few weeks before some lockdown ruies are relaxed.

I do think however, that it is wrong that small bookshops, florists etc, have had to stay shut, when with reasonable precautions they would be pretty safe places to visit, but the big supermarkets continue to sell everything. 

I agree with that too but if they don’t let supermarkets sell these things they’ll be even more things sold on Amazon!

I have a lovely little old fashioned card shop in a parade of shops by me, all the staff must be on or over retirement age! I love it, they have a good choice of different cards. The price is even in pencil on the back and they rub it off when you buy! I love it! 
I really worried for them but they re-opened as soon as they could last year. Obviously they’re closed again now, I’ve bought my last couple of cards from Tesco 😞

• Like 2

9 hours ago, emam said:

Was Tonia's open? I read somewhere it's been taken over. After food shopping, I called in the car park at the other end a few weeks ago, the path was so busy I didn't walk along.

Tonia's is closed but is currently getting a lot of work done on it.

I will take a photo next time we go to the beach as we park in that car park where Tonia's is.

Graham.

9 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I thought only the food halls were open?

M&S shops where food is sold are selling non food items.

Supermarkets like Asda,Tesco, Morrisons etc have been selling non food items during Lockdown 

Edited by grapau27

9 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I thought only the food halls were open?

Wowzz has already answered but just to add my local one is two floors and the top floor is closed off. They have a limited selection of clothes in half the ground floor - Hubby had to hold me back when I could see ladies summer clothes! 
In the original lock down it was ‘roped off’ but obviously babies/children do grow fast so they do ‘need’ clothes!

I don’t ‘need’ clothes but after this lockdown I might need some after all 😆

• Like 1

Overnight rain but now the sun is coming out.

Driving myself for my first covid jab today, it's the first time I have driven since the Monday before Christmas, which was just a 5 miles round trip to do some Christmas food shopping!! Before I retired I used to drive 100s miles a week.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Well, as the ruies have been bent for the last 4 months,  I doubt that they will break in the next few weeks before some lockdown ruies are relaxed.

I do think however, that it is wrong that small bookshops, florists etc, have had to stay shut, when with reasonable precautions they would be pretty safe places to visit, but the big supermarkets continue to sell everything. 

I absolutely agree.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Driving myself for my first covid jab today, it's the first time I have driven since the Monday before Christmas, which was just a 5 miles round trip to do some Christmas food shopping!! Before I retired I used to drive 100s miles a week.

That will be strange for you. My husband is jealous of all these people who say how  little petrol they’ve used - he’s still driving 100 miles a week. I do point out he’d go mad stuck at home and he has to agree!

32 minutes ago, DamianG said:

I woke up a lot earlier than usual today, just after 6am. I couldn’t work out why but now I know who to blame! 😀

Typical eh?! My day off today and I’ve been awake since 5am! 

Going to get off here and have a shower now, looks lovely and sunny out there, looks like a walk beckons!

Have a good day all 😊

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good morning folks I was up nice and early (nowt new there ) as we had our

supermarket van 6am slot this morning just as it was getting light, a few weeks

ago it would have been pitch black. That will keep Mrs K busy for a hour  as she 

wipes down certain products in her antiviral regime before putting them away .

That's a thing that would never had happened before covid came along . It seems 

2nd nature to do this now but if it helps keep covid at bay .

Yesterday I did my bit to help restore our economy a young guy who for one reason 

or another has set his self up doing grass cutting service offered to do our front and

back grass and it's a large area for £15. Armed with his strimmer and petrol mower 

he did a half decent job considering it was the first cut of the season .The birds seem 

impressed with it as they are collecting the bits of cut grass left behind for their nests .

So this morning I'm just sat with a nice mug of tea watching the grass grow, nothing 

new there these days :classic_unsure: Whatever your doing have a nice day and keep safe :classic_smile:

I took my new statin last night 10mg Rosuvastatin and felt great this morning.🤞🤞

Usually when I was taking 40mg Atorvastatin I would wake up feeling I had not had any sleep.

I thought it might have been Long Covid but hopefully it was the statin.

Graham.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Good luck with your first jab today.

Pauline has her first Vaccine Jab today.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

That will be strange for you. My husband is jealous of all these people who say how  little petrol they’ve used - he’s still driving 100 miles a week. I do point out he’d go mad stuck at home and he has to agree!

My wife uses the car twice a week, once to take food shopping to her 86 yo mother and once to bring her to us for Sunday lunch. A normal total weekly mileage of 10 miles but every 3 or 4 weeks she takes the long way home and does a detour along a dual carriageway to get the car up to temperature, as repeated short journeys are not good for cars.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Unfortunately when I go out to do some sales calls I drive 100 miles a day.

Graham.

16 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I took my new statin last night 10mg Rosuvastatin and felt great this morning.🤞🤞

Usually when I was taking 40mg Atorvastatin I would wake up feeling I had not had any sleep.

Graham.

Lets hope it was the tablet and you are now sorted . I never had any problem up to yet 

with my tablets, just the Ramipril when I first went on them but I'm ok now.

Talking of covid after effects I hope your Sarah is on the mend now ? 

You and Pauline take care & stay safe .:classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Wowzz has already answered but just to add my local one is two floors and the top floor is closed off. They have a limited selection of clothes in half the ground floor - Hubby had to hold me back when I could see ladies summer clothes! 
In the original lock down it was ‘roped off’ but obviously babies/children do grow fast so they do ‘need’ clothes!

I don’t ‘need’ clothes but after this lockdown I might need some after all 😆

They've done that at Sevenoaks and Romford.The menswear is now a small corner on the GF.The womenswear seems the same as it was.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

I've been on 20mg Simvastatin for 14 years without any problems.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kalos said:

Lets hope it was the tablet and you are now sorted . I never had any problem up to yet 

I'm on 40mg of simvastatin with no side affects.Thing is,I was 4 and half stone heavier when I last had a blood test.I've got to make the effort and get one.My OH is only on 20mg,but she has lost 2 stone also.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Pointless me watching it, I never saw the first 6.

And don't get me started on Oceans 11...😊

Andy 

And what  about "10" ? 

Is it too early in the morning to start thinking about Bo Derek?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Thanks Kalos.

Fortunately Sarah had a mild case of Covid19.

We text, facetime and speak with her daily plus Sarah and Pauline do the same job although now in different offices so they regularly chat about work.

We used to take Sarah out every week for a meal and Lockdown has been particularly hard not seeing her which most of us on here are in a similar position not seeing and hugging loved ones.

Graham.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I need to support them as most of my other shops (Dorothy Perkins, Wallis etc ) have  gone 😢

36 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Dune,Hobbs,Roman,Joules,LK Bennett are some of Pauline's go to shops.

Too true support your shops or lose them . One of my favourite shops used to be C&A

but they closed them in the UK. I also used to like the ex- army stores, I would come out 

looking like a Japanese warrior :classic_ohmy: Sad to say I fell out with them as I wanted to dress up 

not too flashy as the lowest ranked in the British army but every time I asked them what

rank that would be , they just kept on telling me "It's Private " :classic_unsure:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

I agree with that too but if they don’t let supermarkets sell these things they’ll be even more things sold on Amazon!

I have a lovely little old fashioned card shop in a parade of shops by me, all the staff must be on or over retirement age! I love it, they have a good choice of different cards. The price is even in pencil on the back and they rub it off when you buy! I love it! 
I really worried for them but they re-opened as soon as they could last year. Obviously they’re closed again now, I’ve bought my last couple of cards from Tesco 😞

Our local card shop has managed to reopen because they also sell chocolate... 

Seems unfair to your little shop but lines have to be drawn some I suppose 

Andy 

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

I realised yesterday after finding the receipt for fuel in the side pocket that I last filled the car up with fuel in early August last year , at £1.07 a litre, today its up to £1.23 a litre, covered just over 240 miles since then, most of that to. Runcorn & back to pick up something my wife bought on eBay.