Cancelled by NCL, but just got email about a FCC?

vinotinto

8 minutes ago, JAFA13 said:

If you click on the link in the email. 

9CDFE619-616A-4D84-8218-F719842F5731.jpeg

I'm probably being super dense, but I only see two links in my email and none of them show that screen:

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/book-with-confidence

http://www.ncl.com/FAQ

What is the link that shows that Information on Suspended Sailings?

2 minutes ago, vinotinto said:

I'm probably being super dense, but I only see two links in my email and none of them show that screen:

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/book-with-confidence

http://www.ncl.com/FAQ

What is the link that shows that Information on Suspended Sailings?

The top link. When I click on it it takes me to a page that has info on suspended sailings. They also offered me 20 percent off a new booking if I book by March 31. Any one else get that offer? 

Just now, JAFA13 said:

The top link. When I click on it it takes me to a page that has info on suspended sailings. They also offered me 20 percent off a new booking if I book by March 31. Any one else get that offer? 

I see it now. And I also got the extra 20% off, which is in this page as well, with an April 10th deadline. Between the extra FCC and the extra 20% off - it's certainly worth looking into it.

2 minutes ago, vinotinto said:

I see it now. And I also got the extra 20% off, which is in this page as well, with an April 10th deadline. Between the extra FCC and the extra 20% off - it's certainly worth looking into it.

My email says book buy March 31 for the 20 percent off but the link says April 10th. Between the FCC and the discount I will probably book for next year instead of a refund. 

Edited by JAFA13
  • Like 1

We haven't received any email yet for our cancelled April 5th Encore but I know that can take a while for them to get the emails out to all.  I'm also waiting for the pre-paid DSC that I cancelled on March 9th.   

If I can find out what they are doing with the two Cruise Next certificates we had applied to this cruise I am ready to book another cruise on Encore for early next year.

• Like 1

We got our email today too. The offer is tempting so I’m looking at late July/early August but I’m so scared they won’t be sailing again by then. We already have a cruise booked for next year with Celebrity I don’t want to cancel.  My husband thinks we should just get a refund and enjoy some land vacays this year.  He’s already booked one for August. 

Just received an email 3/21 at 4:55 pm today at  from NCL. Our cruise was to leave tomorrow.

Only future cruise credit is offered. They have backed off their letter from the CEO sent on March 13th, which I hope is not true.

3/21/20

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line for your vacation at sea.
Due to the global concerns surrounding COVID-19 and in an abundance of caution, your upcoming cruise reservation IDxxx has been canceled. We understand the disappointment this may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding, during this time.
A future cruise credit in the amount of USD xx (1/2 of total cruise for two) has been issued to your Latitudes account. To reflect our gratitude for your loyalty, we are also extending you a bonus 25% future cruise credit in the amount of USD 516.25.
These future cruise credits are valid for one year from the issue date and applicable to all published sailings through Dec. 31, 2022.
In addition, and as a special thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line, we are pleased to offer you an additional 20% discount for a limited time only on any sailing from July 1, 2020 through Dec. 31, 2022 when you reserve by March 31, 2020.
The future cruise credit, 25% bonus and 20% discount are combinable on our current Free For All promotion. To learn more visit https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/book-with-confidence
When you are ready to book your next vacation, please contact our team of Personal Cruise Consultants at 1-866-882-0074.
We look forward to helping you plan your next vacation with us and welcoming you aboard soon.

For those who read the March 13th letter from the NCL CEO stating if you wanted a 100% refund instead, wait until March 23rd and they provided a site to obtain this request for reimbursement: https://www.ncl.com/travel-alert/coronavirus

That link is not live at this time.

Let me hope they honor their word.

I do not want a FCC as we have another May sailing that would be impossible for us. Canada and New England when Canada will not allow ships to dock until July 1st. I just spoke to NCL yesterday and the agent said they plan the Canadian ports.

Interesting!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aliciamay22 said:

My FCC was for exactly 125% of what I paid. I did not prepay gratuities or purchase any add-ons though.

Is it 125% of only the cruise fare (with only 100% on taxes and fees)

Or 125% of cruise fare and taxes/fees?

If anyone had prepaid gratuities and/or shore excursions, is it 125% credit on those as well?  Or 100%?

I received the FCC email yesterday too. We received 150% plus additional 20% if we rebook by March 31. We were scheduled to sail last Saturday thus the higher FCC amount. We had 2 cabins booked for 4 people. Our FCC's were all different  amounts but after checking my original reservation the amounts are all correct. I don't like the fact that they are keeping the taxes and gratuities/service charges for everything that we already paid. I am hopeful the FCC can be used for these items and not just the base cabin fare.

Yes, we can all still request a refund beginning tomorrow. I think this was NCL's way of letting everone know what they would receive in FCC before just cancelling. Still deciding what to do!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freckles_51 said:

If anyone had prepaid gratuities and/or shore excursions, is it 125% credit on those as well?  Or 100%?

My reservation had:

1. Cruise fare

2. Taxes and Port fees

3. Free at Sea Beverage and Dining gratuities

4. Upgrade fee ($119) from free 250 internet package to unlimited

My 100% FCC includes exactly these 4 items and my 25% FCC bonus is exactly 25% of that amount. That means they included the taxes and port fees, Free at Sea Beverage and Dining gratuities and upgrades as all FCC. 

I would assume the same way they gave FCC on these types of items, that they would allow to use the FCC on them too.

All these items appeared in my cruise confirmation. I believe that items that are purchased separately, like Shore Excursions, don't get added to cruise confirmations, and those should be refunded, even if you opt to take the FCC.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Freckles_51 said:

Thanks vinotinto. I’m pretty sure I read that shore excursions, prepaid gratuities, would be included as part of FCC, just don’t know if we will get 100% or 125%

I didn't pre-purchase shore excursions, or the daily service charges. But, I did get 125% FCC on the Dining and Beverage Package gratuities.

We were to sail today on the Joy.  Got the FCC letter last night and double checked all the math this morning against all our payments.  

Each of us received our own FCC and bonus. 

My FCC was $500 less, but the two CN certificates are back in my NCL account.  

our 25% bonus FCC was calculated by including our Fare, Taxes/port fees, free at sea grats, our upgrade to premium plus bev package, and prepaid DSC. 

• Like 1

For those that are waiting to hear, we were booked on the Escape March 14th and received the FCC email yesterday. I'm sure they are doing them in batches. We prepaid the gratuity service charge and that was included in the FCC and in the bonus FCC as also was the beverage, pop, dining service charge, taxes, and port fees (all at 150%).

We did not prepurchase excursions or anything else.

• Like 2

Some passengers are wondering why they have not yet received their email.  I wonder if they are sending the FCC emails in groups by sailing/ship or last name. We were on the April 5th Getaway, and I'm the lead passenger in the reservation and my last name starts with a "C" and I got it last night.

Edited by vinotinto

19 hours ago, Aliciamay22 said:

My FCC was for exactly 125% of what I paid. I did not prepay gratuities or purchase any add-ons though.

My FCC was for exactly 125% of what I paid, INCLUDING port fees, taxes, specialty dining and beverage package gratuities, and pre-paid gratuities. I was on the POA in a suite, and with the additional 20% off for rebooking before 3/31 I was able to upgrade, get better perks (OBC), and I still have enough left to pay for another (less expensive) cruise!🙂

6 hours ago, Freckles_51 said:

It includes gratuities...not sure about shore excursions since mine were all booked independently.