Cancelled by NCL, but just got email about a FCC?

vinotinto

1 hour ago, Cindy said:

My FCC was for exactly 125% of what I paid, INCLUDING port fees, taxes, specialty dining and beverage package gratuities, and pre-paid gratuities. I was on the POA in a suite, and with the additional 20% off for rebooking before 3/31 I was able to upgrade, get better perks (OBC), and I still have enough left to pay for another (less expensive) cruise!🙂

Thanks for the info. We plan on booking another cruise to take advantage of the extra 20%, hopefully that will be enough to cover the higher prices.

21 hours ago, Cruise4life44 said:

This is BS.  If they have to cancel, we should get our money back.  Any lawyers out there?

They automatically posted the FCC. You have the option beginning March 23rd to go back and reject the FCC and eventually get your refund, which might take months.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Freckles_51 said:

Thanks for the info. We plan on booking another cruise to take advantage of the extra 20%, hopefully that will be enough to cover the higher prices.

I don't understand why people think prices are going to be higher. In the short term they are going to go down, not up. All cruise line want to fill the ships ASAP and they are nto going to do it by raising prices.

4 minutes ago, zqvol said:

I don't understand why people think prices are going to be higher. In the short term they are going to go down, not up. All cruise line want to fill the ships ASAP and they are nto going to do it by raising prices.

Prices for most future cruises that suit our preferences are already higher than we paid for the cancelled cruise. If prices go down then great, if not then the extra 20% will help.

First, thanks for this as the email was a bit of a shock but you all have helped. We booked through Costco and cancelled through their google form. I’ve received an invoice from them saying our cruise has been cancelled. Do I need to fill out the ncl form or is what I’ve done through Costco enough (I believe so but wanted to make sure). 

Why in the world can u not at least MENTION in an email that if u do not want the FCC that you can do xxxx and request a refund?  Why would you have to wait for a second email (no mention of a second email anyway).

I suppose they hope that many will just say oh ok whatever you say boss and not be bothered to take it any further.   Whatever genius execs came up with that plan certainly are not thinking of how to anticipate ,simplify, and answer customers questions. 

They are obviously trying to figure out how to hold onto your $$ with some vague promises about what cruises may or may not sail in the future at prices that may or may not be anywhere what you had booked. 

It really does make me wonder if they are that desperate to hang on to cash if they may be closer to bankruptcy than I thought.

No thanks NCL.  

We got the letter too, even though we had a refund request in earlier through our travel agent.  In our case I think it is exactly 125% of what we paid.  We still want the refund though, so seeing how this all works out.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 7:55 PM, grichards71 said:

I just got off the phone with NCL agent regarding email of FCC and was advised that refunds may be claimed as indicated in cancellation email on March 23. As of now if you do nothing your account will hold the FCC. On 3/23 the Travel Alert link on NCL.com regarding Corona Virus will have an attached form to request the refund. It is not attached yet.  I would've been on Sun 4/3 but am looking for refund as my son and his friend will be off to college by the time we plan to sail again. 

Thank you for getting confirmation of this.

FCC email received this morning for 3/29 cruise.

25% bonus on everything we paid - fare, taxes, prepaid gratuities, booked shore excursions. 

We had some prepurchased OBC, amount not specifically mentioned in the email but it is a purchased amenity so it will be refunded to original form of purchase.

Here is an excellent FAQ that was sent to travel partners (someone posted it in another group):

https://gageplatprod1stor1.blob.core.windows.net/portal/16/AssetLibrary/Document/81c14c4d-003c-4cad-95a4-0d3071f900b8.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1_UxeVVydQoHvImlc2UZMx10eOJxGkljhrNo0vt5v8w96YgTOI6DHlG0s

"If an FCC is not preferred, guests can receive a full refund in the amount of the cruise fare paid. Note that all refund requests must be received via the following web form (https://www.ncl.com/casesubmission/peace-of-mind/), which is available as of March 23, 2020. Refund requests must be submitted by no later than 45 days after the voyage cancelation notification (i.e. refund requests must be submitted by April 27, 2020 for suspended sailings between March 13 – April 11, 2020)."

Q: What is included in the FCC?

A: The following will be applied to the FCC:

• Cruise fare and taxes o Including any winning Upgrade Advantage payments

• Flight arrangements booked through Norwegian Cruise Line

• Hotel and Cruise Tour packages purchased through Norwegian Cruise Line

• Prepaid service charges

• Beverage or dining gratuities (if part of the Free at Sea (FAS) promotion selection)

• Prepaid shore excursions

• Essentials Travel Protection

Q: What is excluded from the FCC (or refund)?

A: The following will not be applied to the FCC or refunded:

• Booksafe Standard or Platinum Travel Protection, if purchased

• Special Promotional Onboard Credits (OBC)

Q: Are any amounts on the affected bookings being refunded instead of being included in the FCC?

A: Any ancillary items sold by Norwegian Cruise Line will be refunded to the cardholder who made the original purchase (refunded to the original form of payment) and will not be included in the FCC. Ancillary pre-purchased items include:

• Bon Voyage gifts and celebration packages

• Dining or beverage packages (those not part of the Free at Sea (FAS) promotion)

• Water and/or soda packages

• Purchased on board credits

• Internet packages

• Photo packages

2 hours ago, vinotinto said:

Does anyone know if I should submit one refund form for the 4 passengers on my reservation or just 1 form?

I believe it's one form per reservation - at the bottom it says - By submitting this form, I confirm that I am authorized to cancel the above reservation on behalf of all persons on the subject reservation, and I understand that the refund will be returned to the original form of payment 

12 hours ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

We got the letter too, even though we had a refund request in earlier through our travel agent.  In our case I think it is exactly 125% of what we paid.  We still want the refund though, so seeing how this all works out.

Thank you - we requested a refund through our travel agent - my assumption is they'll submit this form and we don't need to do anything.  Is that right or are you submitting this form as well?

I went ahead and submitted a form for each of us and it took it (didn't give me an error). Since the form has to be completed within the next 45 days and the refund won't show until 90 days, I don't want to wait until 90 days to find out they failed to refund me for 3 out of 4 people in my cabin.

To offer a perspective on USING the FCC/bonus/and 20% extra discount, we booked a cruise to the Eastern Caribbean over Christmas this December yesterday afternoon. 

From our perspective we got a great deal given all the bonuses offered.

We are sad that we are not somewhere off the coast of Baja California right now, but we are now sailing on the same ship (the Joy) over Christmas in an Aft Haven (same cabin) for less than we had paid for the cruise that was cancelled, PLUS we received another $600 in OBC given the current promo. 

I still have just under $1000 in FCC left.  I was also told that this balance could be used to pre-purchase excursions and other add-ons/upgrades for this cruise. 

Hope everyone stays healthy and we are all be enjoying cruising again soon!

• Like 1

On 3/21/2020 at 7:16 PM, vinotinto said:

My family was on the Getaway cruise for April 5 that was cancelled. I did *not* cancel and did *not* take the Peace of Mind offer and did *not* request FCC.

I just received an email saying they have issued a FCC. I don’t want a FCC. I was just waiting for their refund form to appear, as promised, on March 23. Email does not say anything about the refund option.

Anyone else in the cancelled March/April cruises received this? I certainly hope they are not backing away from a refund.

Ugh, I was booked on the same cruise, but have received NOTHING from NCL and I WANT a FCC.  

17 hours ago, Comi.uy said:

Does the 20% off just work on the cruise fare or the entire cruise total ?

20% is deducted from the base fare ie before the 30% sale discount, if that sale applies to your cruise.

It does not show up on the new booking confirmation. The "guest fare" amount is the base fare less 20% less 25% bonus FCC. 

If your cruise qualifies for the 30% off sale, that is calculated on base fare less 20% and is shown on the confirmation as "savings".

It is confusing to say the least.  

3 hours ago, JandC_Cruising said:

I still have just under $1000 in FCC left.  I was also told that this balance could be used to pre-purchase excursions and other add-ons/upgrades for this cruise.....

That's what it says on NCL FAQs ...."can be used for any purchase other than onboard credit" however an NCL rep told my TA  that it could not be used for excursions. I will take the written word as I'm sure you will.

Just think how many phone calls to overworked NCL staff could have been prevented/shortened , not to mention confused, angry, irritated customers, IF IF IF somebody at NCL would have :

A.  Include the FCC info AND the cash refund forms/info into ONE email

B.  Take time to anticipate likely questions and create and have link to detailed FAQ section.

C.  Make sure above is clearly stated on website.

How hard is that?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JandC_Cruising said:

To offer a perspective on USING the FCC/bonus/and 20% extra discount, we booked a cruise to the Eastern Caribbean over Christmas this December yesterday afternoon. 

From our perspective we got a great deal given all the bonuses offered.

We are sad that we are not somewhere off the coast of Baja California right now, but we are now sailing on the same ship (the Joy) over Christmas in an Aft Haven (same cabin) for less than we had paid for the cruise that was cancelled, PLUS we received another $600 in OBC given the current promo. 

I still have just under $1000 in FCC left.  I was also told that this balance could be used to pre-purchase excursions and other add-ons/upgrades for this cruise. 

Hope everyone stays healthy and we are all be enjoying cruising again soon!

And NCL gets to use your thousands (10 thousand?) of dollars for at least a year before delivering any goods or services.  You are a generous soul.

36 minutes ago, dockman said:

Just think how many phone calls to overworked NCL staff could have been prevented/shortened , not to mention confused, angry, irritated customers, IF IF IF somebody at NCL would have :

A.  Include the FCC info AND the cash refund forms/info into ONE email

B.  Take time to anticipate likely questions and create and have link to detailed FAQ section.

C.  Make sure above is clearly stated on website.

How hard is that?

D.  Make the cash refund automatic, as logic and tradition dictate, and make the FCC by request.

• Like 1

Did anybody use CruiseNext vouchers that have now expired? Does anybody know what happens to those? My cruise is in April. Not yet cancelled but fairly certain it would be and just curious what happens to the vouchers. 

11 hours ago, Love my butler said:

And NCL gets to use your thousands (10 thousand?) of dollars for at least a year before delivering any goods or services.  You are a generous soul.

That is absolutely true.  I paid for NCL in full, November '19.   So they have had about $8500 of our money since then. But I chose to look at this as I am "earning" on my investment.

In Decmeber 2020, we will cruise on an equally valued cruise, along with $1600 of additional services (OBC and left over FCC)... So, I will look at it as getting $10,100 of value from my $8500 investment (over an 18% return in one year).  In my eyes, that's a good deal - considering every other investment most of us have has taken a fairly big hit this month!

I  understand and empathize for those who do need their money, and now must wait 90 days to get it back...However, if you are able, the 25% FCC bonus, 20% extra cruise discount by booking now, and other perks available can be viewed as a good value.

• Like 2