March 11 Riviera Refunds

retafcruiser

Has anyone received refunds or cruise credits for the aborted sailing on March 11? I phoned their customer service and was told to email their reservation supervisor. The email address they gave me was not a good address. I did contact my PCC and he said he would take care of it. Somehow I don't have a very positive feeling about this.

27 minutes ago, retafcruiser said:

Has anyone received refunds or cruise credits for the aborted sailing on March 11? I phoned their customer service and was told to email their reservation supervisor. The email address they gave me was not a good address. I did contact my PCC and he said he would take care of it. Somehow I don't have a very positive feeling about this.

And this is why one should always use a well respected TA who is a member of Oceania's Connoisseurs Club and who works for you (unlike a PCC - who works for the cruise line.

In any case, the correct office to send reimbursement or related info requests to is SpecialServices not ResSupervisors (which is who you contact to transfer bookings).

That said, I trust that Oceania will keep its promise. They did for us with the big ticket reimbursements (fares/excursions/etc on two cruises (though we.'re still in process on DIY airline change fees).

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

They have a ton of refunds to issue.  I would be patient.

When we took a downsell three years ago we had the promised money within a few days.  But they didn't have 29,000 awaiting refunds at the time ... Likewise, whenever we cancelled where there was only a deposit in question, we had the money very quickly.

That was then and now is now.

37 minutes ago, Mura said:

They have a ton of refunds to issue.  I would be patient.

When we took a downsell three years ago we had the promised money within a few days.  But they didn't have 29,000 awaiting refunds at the time ... Likewise, whenever we cancelled where there was only a deposit in question, we had the money very quickly.

That was then and now is now.

We just canceled a couple of days ago and TA said refunds - just the deposit in our case - are taking about two weeks.

I'd say that two weeks in this climate isn't bad at all.  Of course I can say that because we didn't have anything booked!

Although I wonder if it's easier for them to refund a deposit (especially to North American passengers) than full payment ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mura said:

I'd say that two weeks in this climate isn't bad at all.  Of course I can say that because we didn't have anything booked!

Although I wonder if it's easier for them to refund a deposit (especially to North American passengers) than full payment ...

Oh, I'm not complaining at all. We had a cruise for almost right now with multiple travel segment. That's been a booger.

1 hour ago, Mura said:

I didn't think you were, Clo.  I was direction my comment elsewhere ... or at least I think I was!

Mura

That one has been tough to put together and then take apart. Something like 16 different things. Domestic and intl. flights., hotels, airbnb, cultural events, you name it.

Capisco.  When we book a cruise we almost always do our own hotels pre- and post-cruise, not to mention air.  And we book these things very early most of the time.  Hotels aren't a problem to cancel, but airfare is another issue!  And yes, sometimes we pre-book opera or ballet tickets, even theater (depending on where we are) ... those are never cheap and NOT refundable.

In June 2014 in London we joined a friend for Angela Lansbury's last performance in Blithe Spirit in London and it was so spectacular.  The cast was crying, the audience (mostly young people!) was standing.  It was so spectacular.  Glad we didn't miss those tickets!  And she was just fabulous!

Mura

17 hours ago, retafcruiser said:

Many companies issue checks debt and refund at the end of the month like the 30th....  Right now Visa has told me  they are overwhelmed by the number of transactions..   Booking direct is not the best route. Hiring an agent to represent you will get way more attention and communication channels  that you with a company rep.   look at this in perspective.  Your just one fare.   An agent because he books dozens in fot hundreds of fares with O.    Who do you think will get O's best attention???

16 hours ago, clo said:

We just canceled a couple of days ago and TA said refunds - just the deposit in our case - are taking about two weeks.

I would not expect your refund for at least 90 days..with 29,000 refunds waiting it will be a while..

Jancruz1

Perhaps a different department and definitely not trying to rub salt into any wounds, but I (happily) was surprised today to receive a check from Oceania for our unused refundable shipboard credit from our Riviera February 26 Caribbean cruise that disembarked in Miami on Wednesday, March 11.  (I did not expect to receive it for months.)

• Like 1