Cunard Cruisers - How are things where you are ?

Host Hattie

Section where champagne bar was is closed off and all lights off. Big fans blowing as well. Issue seems to have been a leak which hit electrics hence the smell. Outside Dorset on deck 3 have been left open but you can still smell it. 

I went on the cable car this morning to the botanical gardens. As we were coning down so did the cloud. Can't see top station now so glad I went early. 

• Like 4

I fly to London tomorrow evening, arriving at o'gods o'clock Sunday morning, for a week in London prior to boarding QM2 to come back to this side of the pond. 

It's lovely and sunny in Toronto today, although we've had multiple days of very odd fog, including fog in the mid-afternoon, which almost never happens. 

Today is work, then running a couple of final errands, and packing. 

Soon!

• Like 2

Congratulations, I hope whatever happened in the Chart Room is repaired soon. 

It's a very wet morning in Pembrokeshire but it's supposed to clear up later and I'm hoping we'll get a distant view of the Milford Haven fireworks display this evening.

• Thanks 1

Am writing this from the BA lounge in Singapore with a large drink, to round off a truly awesome bucket list / retirement trip. Visiting Alaska, Hawaii, Tahiti, New Zealand and Australia. 
Highlight: was Papeete, New Zealand and meeting our friends in Melbourne after 4 long years. 
Lowlight: was catching Covid and being isolated and completely missing Hawaii. However, we were released (after 5 days and -ve test) and allowed to continue. 
Although this was with a different line, we look forward to our sailing on the QM2 next year and we are also looking at the QV for 2024. 

Back to reality with a bang next week mucking out smelly stuff from stables and paying bills. 

• Like 3

I have all my cake ingredients ready to bake my cake later this week too.

Thanks, Liverpoolgirl for the reminder that I need the fruit soaking beforehand! I always end up baking the cake a day later than intended because I have forgotten to soak the dried fruit first!

Hello from QV in Lisbon. I'm still having a great time. We had dinner in the verandah on Sunday evening.  I had lobster cocktail fillet steak and rum baba. All very good. Some very heavy showers today. 

The chart room is still not completely repaired but it looks like they are putting everything back so it shouldn't be much longer. 

• Like 6

Hello from QV. The chart room is still not fully open yet but it looks like most of the work is done. 

Just come back to the cabin after breakfast and the leatherette luggage cover is on the bed. I guess that's a hint that it's packing day. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Lanky Lad said:

Hello from QV. The chart room is still not fully open yet but it looks like most of the work is done. 

Just come back to the cabin after breakfast and the leatherette luggage cover is on the bed. I guess that's a hint that it's packing day. 

When I was at boarding school, my stomach used to lurch when we drove through the village of Doughton, the last before the school. Coming back and finding that mat on the bed evinces a similar reaction. 😀

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

When I was at boarding school, my stomach used to lurch when we drove through the village of Doughton, the last before the school. Coming back and finding that mat on the bed evinces a similar reaction. 😀

Got back from breakfast on disembarkation day on QM2 and they already converted the double to two singles

Two singles don't really work even in a QG cabin