cancellation Schedule

chief30

4 minutes ago, chief30 said:

Anyone have Princess cancellation schedule.

It differs dependent on the date of the sailing.  Just go onto the Princess website and everything will be listed there under their little health advisory link at the top of the page (upper left corner by the red update button).  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

As skynight mentioned with the link;  I don't see any cruise line sailing again until mid jun or early july.  That's my personal opinion and not based on any facts

I agree....my thought is it will be more like late July- early August.....

I just realized that FCC might not be as good as I had imagined. I had thought, 'OK you just take the same cruise at a later date'. However the later cruise might cost more and if you had a good deal with Perks, OBC etc. You would lose them too. Clearly nothing Princess can do other than credit original $$$ to your account.

Edited by Tedferg

53 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I just realized that FCC might not be as good as I had imagined. I had thought, 'OK you just take the same cruise at a later date'. However the later cruise might cost more and if you had a good deal with Perks, OBC etc. You would lose them too. Clearly nothing Princess can do other than credit original $$$ to your account.

If you cancel, that is true. However if Princess cancelled your cruise you are not correct. They offer a lot up and above your cost of the cruise depending how soon your cruise was vs the cancellation. We were offered 225% in FCC instead we opted for a full refund and the cost of the cruise in FCC. Giving us a FREE cruise and depending that cost. maybe leftover FCC towards another.

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

If you cancel, that is true. However if Princess cancelled your cruise you are not correct. They offer a lot up and above your cost of the cruise depending how soon your cruise was vs the cancellation. We were offered 225% in FCC instead we opted for a full refund and the cost of the cruise in FCC. Giving us a FREE cruise and depending that cost. maybe leftover FCC towards another.

Got it, thanks

On 3/25/2020 at 12:12 PM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

It depends on the time when they cancelled and when your cruise is. When they cancelled mine, my incentive was not as good as my cruise was farther off.

I still think there will be deals to be had.

Edited by Coral

We are scheduled on a cruise leaving Vancouver for Alaska on May 15.  There is no way this can possibly happen, with Canadian ports closed to cruise traffic till Jul 1... and I am just waiting to see if the other shoe drops and Princess will begin cancellations soon.  The deal for us is this was a big cruise, with pricey cabins with our elderly parents and we will not have time to book anything else this year AND we already have another type of long vacation planned for 2021.  So, there will be no way we will be able to use a FCC by the end of 2021.