Azamara requiring letter/ form from physician...Bonnie.(merged)

midwestchick

On 5/3/2020 at 12:07 AM, lasvegaswinner1 said:

British Air just cancelled our $8000 air fare to stockholm (2 in first class) and got our money back  but Aazamar has not cancelled the June 18 cruise Baltic Intensive so no money back.  How are we supposed to get there from Los Angeles.  Time to go on LA TV and let them know how Azamara is treating their customers.

Hi. 

I presume that your cancelled BA flights are more-or-less contemporaneous with your Baltic Cruise. 

We have flights booked with BA in July, but I can only find details of cancelled flights for the next 10 days.

Did BA contact you direct to advise you of the cancellations? if not, how, did you learn of the cancellations, please? 

BA email you direct, it’s a very efficient process 

They are doing cancellations in batches by time. They are up to late June now 

Edited by uktog

34 minutes ago, blag said:

Hi. 

I presume that your cancelled BA flights are more-or-less contemporaneous with your Baltic Cruise. 

We have flights booked with BA in July, but I can only find details of cancelled flights for the next 10 days.

Did BA contact you direct to advise you of the cancellations? if not, how, did you learn of the cancellations, please? 

I've just had a BA flight to Taiwan in mid-June cancelled. BA advised me directly. Actually, so did Cathay as I had a flight sector from Hong Kong to Kaohsiung with them. Cancelling that cancelled the whole lot. It happened earlier  than I thought, but Cathay not flying to strict immigration Taiwan speeded it up. As uktog says they are cancelling them on a rolling basis. 

Phil 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I've just had a BA flight to Taiwan in mid-June cancelled. BA advised me directly. Actually, so did Cathay as I had a flight sector from Hong Kong to Kaohsiung with them. Cancelling that cancelled the whole lot. It happened earlier  than I thought, but Cathay not flying to strict immigration Taiwan speeded it up. As uktog says they are cancelling them on a rolling basis. 

Phil 

Thanks. 

I received an email from BA yesterday, but it did not say my flights had been cancelled, merely that I could change the booking, cancel etc. if I wanted to.

Here's an excerpt:

We understand that you may have questions about your upcoming travel at the moment, and we wanted to reassure you that we’re working around the clock to help our customers.

You’re currently due to travel to London on 05 July 2020

Would I be right in thinking that your cancellation notification from BA was more specific? 

9 minutes ago, blag said:

Thanks. 

I received an email from BA yesterday, but it did not say my flights had been cancelled, merely that I could change the booking, cancel etc. if I wanted to.

Here's an excerpt:

We understand that you may have questions about your upcoming travel at the moment, and we wanted to reassure you that we’re working around the clock to help our customers.

Would I be right in thinking that your cancellation notification from BA was more specific? 

Do not do anything until you get formal notice of cancellation. You'll get an email that starts off "Sorry to advise you that your flight has been cancelled" or some such wording. It will most likely not be obvious that you can get a refund of your ticket. They will push you towards a change of ticket or flight credit. You do not have to accept that. They have to give you a refund so just follow the process further and it will tell you how to achieve that (probably a phone call like I had to do). 

Phil 

• Like 3

Just now, excitedofharpenden said:

Do not do anything until you get formal notice of cancellation. You'll get an email that starts off "Sorry to advise you that your flight has been cancelled" or some such wording. It will most likely not be obvious that you can get a refund of your ticket. They will push you towards a change of ticket or flight credit. You do not have to accept that. They have to give you a refund so just follow the process further and it will tell you how to achieve that (probably a phone call like I had to do). 

Phil 

And the refund process is really efficient 36 hours from phone call to hitting my account full amount 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

Excellent information. Many thanks.

One final question: how long were you on the phone with BA to get your refund? 

Just now, blag said:

Excellent information. Many thanks.

One final question: how long were you on the phone with BA to get your refund? 

I actually got through straight away. This was middle of last week. The money was back on my credit card in two days as uktog. 

Phil 

7 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I actually got through straight away. This was middle of last week. The money was back on my credit card in two days as uktog. 

Phil 

Yes I was straight through as well - but do not phone immediately you get the email, if they have done a batch release lots of people will ring up straight after receiving it.  Think also of the timing, most BA calls are now being answered in the UK and their calls get a spike about 1400 UK time as the American lines open (thats what the operator told me when I was speaking to him congratulating them on how quick the call was answered).

5 hours ago, blag said:

Thanks. 

Here's an excerpt:

I got a similar email from BA yesterday. We're booked to fly from LHR to Los Angeles July 20. When I first saw it was from BA I thought it was a cancellation notice. Now to find out from Azamara if our July 6 British Isles cruise is cancelled. I'm not optimistic that it will sail. 

You’re currently due to travel to Los Angeles on 20 July 2020, however due to the fast changing situation, we wanted to let you know that if you’d like to change the date or destination of your trip and you booked directly with British Airways - you can apply for a voucher online here. This can be redeemed against future travel, for flights taken up until 30 April 2022.

BA seems to be much more efficient than Emirates.  We are still waiting for a refund for our March & April flights for which we had to put in not one but two requests, the second a month after the first! 🤔

Perhaps there is a difference in that we had to cancel (due to very short notice of cruise cancellation) before Emirates officially cancelled any of their flights. I'm not sure whether Dubai airport was still open, but the port was well and truly closed.

14 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

Sorry you are going to miss Taiwan this year Phil. We were there briefly in 2016.

Taroko Gorge is wonderful. Maybe next year. 🙏

Trish

Edited by Baynanno1

5 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

Sorry you are going to miss Taiwan this year Phil. We were there briefly in 2016.

Taroko Gorge is wonderful. Maybe next year. 🙏

Trish

Hi Trish. Yes, I was going back there as I too did Taroko Gorge a few years ago along with Taipei (one of the nicest cities I've ever been to) when we did two stops in Taiwan on Quest. I wanted to explore more. Hopefully next year or 2022. 

Phil 

5 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

BA seems to be much more efficient than Emirates.  We are still waiting for a refund for our March & April flights for which we had to put in not one but two requests, the second a month after the first! 🤔

Perhaps there is a difference in that we had to cancel (due to very short notice of cruise cancellation) before Emirates officially cancelled any of their flights. I'm not sure whether Dubai airport was still open, but the port was well and truly closed.

I do not hold Emirates in high regard I'm afraid. Their flight experience is good, but the way they do business is not. They run a very lean operation to keep costs down (their business class baggage allowance for example is poor) and inevitably you pay a price for these efficiencies. 

BA come in for much stick, but in all the years I've flown them I've found them to be very fair and good to deal with. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 1

Everyone who is fighting over cancellations and refunds ... have patience ... read farther back in this thread and you will find some great advice on how to deal with such issues ... all travel companies are suffering and they have reduced staff ...

of course, since money is coming in at a very slow rate they are responding to any request that reduces cash flow more slowly than they normally would ...

all the travel companies have "collateral" from when they obtained their merchant accounts so you will get your money eventually ...

I see the "Doctor Letter" issue has pretty much resolved itself although I expect there may be a more specific requirement for passengers to show a "proven" health insurance capability. 

Cato The Elder: "Patience is the greatest of all virtues"

Edited by GlobalMethod
type
  • Like 4