Royal Caribbean Visa Rewards

Now that my cruise has been cancelled by Royal Caribbean (due to Corona), I wonder what happens to the Visa Rewards points I redeemed to pay for a portion of the cruise and also used points for OBC?  I've sent an email to Royal, but not sure when or if someone will get back with me.  I would prefer to have the points reinstated, but I don't have high hopes that will be one of my choices.  I'm not sure if anyone has had experience with this?

hursttx, I called 888-305-4626 and the call was answered almost immediately.  I had 15,000 points redeemed for my April 4th cruise.  They will not reinstate your points, but I already have a cruise booked for March 2021 and they said they would move my redeemed points ($150 OBC) to that cruise.  They said I should receive an e-mail in 48 hours...haven't seen that yet, but I think I only rang them on Monday (haha, time is all running together now so I'm losing track).  Good luck!

• Like 1

We have $300 in OBC from using our points. When I log into RC, my cancelled cruise comes up with a pop up box that says they will move it to your next cruise and there's a link to click on it. I don't have a booked cruise yet since they just decided to extend the cancellations yesterday. I hope that pop up box still comes up for me to move it to a new cruise once we book again. 

I used my points for OBC and when RCI cancelled my cruise last night what will happen to my OBC that I got from my points?  I will not be booking any other cruise for a while.  Will they apply the OBC dollars back to my credit card or do I just lose my points/OBC?  Because my cruise was May 7th nothing was ever applied yet to my cruise.  Thanks

2 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

We have $300 in OBC from using our points. When I log into RC, my cancelled cruise comes up with a pop up box that says they will move it to your next cruise and there's a link to click on it. I don't have a booked cruise yet since they just decided to extend the cancellations yesterday. I hope that pop up box still comes up for me to move it to a new cruise once we book again. 

Was yours one of the cruises cancelled yesterday? My (Celebrity) Cruise is still coming up showing my $1000 obc but no pop up box. Maybe I need to just give it more time.

2 minutes ago, djh said:

Was yours one of the cruises cancelled yesterday? My (Celebrity) Cruise is still coming up showing my $1000 obc but no pop up box. Maybe I need to just give it more time.

Yes, it was cancelled just yesterday. 

2 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

Are you logging into the rewards site or to the RCL MyCruises site? Just trying to figure out where to look.

6 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Are you logging into the rewards site or to the RCL MyCruises site? Just trying to figure out where to look.

I logged into RC site and clicked on my booking and planning and it popped up. Now that I have already read it, it now appears at the top where it says "recently viewed", "Order history" then "300 USD CREDIT" then my "cart". 

I took a picture of it with my phone for reference, just in case it disappeared. I'll try to attach it using my phone. 

I just called the Rewards Redemption number 888-305-4626.

If you are not immediately rebooking, you just need to give them a call once you have rebooked to have them reapply your credit card OBC reward to your new booking. They said you should have your redemption confirmation # or confirmation # from originally applying your rewards for them to reference.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jillyfish said:

I just called the Rewards Redemption number 888-305-4626.

If you are not immediately rebooking, you just need to give them a call once you have rebooked to have them reapply your credit card OBC reward to your new booking. They said you should have your redemption confirmation # or confirmation # from originally applying your rewards for them to reference.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to save this post for future use for when I do have to do this.

I talked to them yesterday about my cancelled March cruise. They said as long as I have my March confirmation number they can look up my onboard credit. This process will also apply to my cruise next (booking on board) credit. Just keep your originally confirmation number handy and they will apply it to your next cruise.

I assume it will have the same cancellation timeline as the FCC, Dec 2021, but not sure on that. If anyone finds out, let us know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just a quick follow up: We used 10,000 Visa points for $100 OBC for a cruise that ultimately was cancelled by RCL. We also used a $50 gift certificate for OBC on that cruise. Called the D+ desk and had RCL transfer the $100 OBC to a 2021 cruise - which they did (showed up within 24 hours). Also, we just received our refund on that cancelled cruise (didn't want the 125%FCC), and they refunded the cruise fare, insurance, taxes and fees, and the $50 gift certificate. We have not received the $200 NRD, but I expect that will come as an FCC sometime down the road.

Edited by orville99