20% Off Deal

JamieLogical

Do I understand this correctly:  all FCC's must sail through December 31, 2022.

FCC's from Peace of Mind cancellations must be redeemed (booked) within one year from issue date.

But,

FCC's from Suspended Sailings appear NOT to have a must redeem (book) by date?

I did a mock booking 2 weeks ago for an Alaska Cruise next May. Then I just did the same mock booking 2 weeks later 4/2/20 and it is $300 more per person. So much for your 120% discount and that extra 20% discount.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nelsonewong said:

Do I understand this correctly:  all FCC's must sail through December 31, 2022.

FCC's from Peace of Mind cancellations must be redeemed (booked) within one year from issue date.

But,

FCC's from Suspended Sailings appear NOT to have a must redeem (book) by date?

My suspended sailing letter says redeem within one year of issue date for sailings through Dec 31 2022

3 hours ago, Freckles_51 said:

My suspended sailing letter says redeem within one year of issue date for sailings through Dec 31 2022

Thanks, I guess I have to wait for the letter.  Does it read the same as the message center note?  Maybe the redeem date was removed on the March 30 update?

Suspended Sailings from March 13 through May 10, 2020

Updated 3/30/20 - Your safety is our #1 priority—both on and off our ships. Due to the current global environment, we are extending the suspension of all sailings across our fleet through May 10, 2020 and plan to relaunch cruise operations with embarkations beginning May 11, 2020. We are thinking of each and every one of you, and together we will return to our favorite place — the ocean, stronger than ever.
  • Guests who were booked on suspended cruises with embarkation dates from March 13 through May 10, 2020 will automatically receive a 125% or 150% refund (depending on the original cruise date) of their cruise fare in the form of a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) which can be applied towards any Norwegian Cruise Line voyage through December 31, 2022. Future Cruise Credits should be applied to your account by April 3, 2020. 

• Cruises embarking March 13 to March 17, 2020 will receive 150% of cruise fare in FCC

• Cruises embarking March 18 to May 10, 2020 will receive 125% of cruise fare in FCC

• Book by April 14, 2020 and receive an additional 20% discount when using your Future Cruise Credit on any cruise embarking July 1, 2020 through Dec 31, 2022. This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.
  • Guests who do not prefer to take advantage of a future cruise credit will receive a refund to be payable after 90 days from completion of the Refund Request form. Refund requests must be submitted by April 27, 2020 for all suspended sailings. Please note that if your suspended sailing was scheduled to embark between April 12 - May 10, 2020, you will not be able to submit a Refund Request form until April 13, 2020.

The offer above only applies to active bookings as of March 13, 2020 at 3:00 PM EST and does not apply to any previously canceled bookings, regardless of reason for cancelation. Guests who previously opted to cancel and take advantage of our Peace of Mind policy will be protected under those terms.

23 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

So you are saying people in third world countries haven't been in dire straits for years?    That's not trying to be offensive, it's a fact.

I respect your opinion. This is taking the subject far off topic so I digress.  Time to get out and enjoy the sunshine.

I've been in the corner in 'time out" since Hamrag intervened. I respect you Cole Thornton and count you as a friend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm a newbie NCL cruiser and wanted some opinions from more experienced cruisers.

I was impacted by the recent cancellations and got the 20% offer, but with the caveat that I must book by mid April.

Looking at the prices for future cruises (ie. Oct, April/May 2021 etc), the prices seem to be quite high... Or is it just me?

Even with the 20% discount and the 125% FCC, I still end up needing to pay additional money to get a similar cruise.

Is the general consensus to wait a few months for the prices to drop, and forgo the 20% discount?

I'm also on the fence regarding whether to take the 125% FCC, or to request a refund and have the cash back in my hands.

Any comments or thoughts are appreciated.

On 4/3/2020 at 4:33 PM, pentiumvi said:

Any comments or thoughts are appreciated.

Take the cash and rebook later. The 20% and 125% are just marketing gimmicks so they can hold on to your money. Prices will plummet in the future.

Edited by Waquoit

25 minutes ago, Waquoit said:

Take the cash and rebook later. The 20% and 125% are just marketing gimmicks so they can hold on to your money. Prices will plummet in the future.

Thanks for the opinion. That was my gut instinct as well.

Our March 13th Sun cruise was canceled 30 minutes before sailing. It was a 5 day in the owner’s suite. With our 150% FCC and the 20% off, we booked a 7 day in a Haven 2 bedroom on the Jade in March 2021. We have all the perks, plus $600 OBC. I pre paid the service charges and upgraded the WiFi and still have $2300 left in FCC to apply to another cruise. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pentiumvi said:

Still mulling over my options.

If I decide to make use of the 20% do I have to book direct through NCL? Or can I use a TA?

I used a TA all along, but my friends on the same cruise had booked direct.  They then used my TA to rebook as they found it confusing on their own.  So, yes you can.  

We all had FCC only as we decided to cancel our March 15th sailing with the Peace of Mind policy before they made the announcement of cancellations.  We have now all rebooked for the same week next March 🤞🏼