COVID-19 Mitigation Guidelines extended until April 30th-Bye April 11th cruise!

Wanna_Cruize

Just announced in press briefing from Corona Virus taskforce. 

Hopefully Monday's announcement from Carnival relates to this. 

I was waiting until my deadline to cancel, which had been Tuesday. Monday's phone lines will be jammed, I wish we could just cancel online and be given the choice of refund or FCC online. 

Edited by Wanna_Cruize

Yep, just heard the announcement about the social-distancing guidelines extending to April 30th.  I actually don't see how there can be any cruises in May or June at this point.  There is no way cruising can begin until this is under control, which will be awhile.  It will be interesting to see Carnival's announcement tomorrow.

Edited by TNcruising02

2 hours ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

Just announced in press briefing from Corona Virus taskforce. 

Hopefully Monday's announcement from Carnival relates to this. 

I was waiting until my deadline to cancel, which had been Tuesday. Monday's phone lines will be jammed, I wish we could just cancel online and be given the choice of refund or FCC online. 

My March 21 cruise was cancelled by carnival. In the next couple of days I had received an email from them explaining the options to either cancel for full refund to original form of payment or rebook and receive $600 OBC. I chose to reschedule. Unfortunately I rebooked for May 12!  Waiting now to see what's going to happen with this go round of cancellations.

So I'm wondering if I can just ignore the earlier email that gave a deadline to cancel of March 31st, since now Carnival will be canceling the cruise, not me? I'm willing to take the FCC, I just don't want to lose my deposit. I can wait to apply the FCC to a future cruise I already have booked for January. I don't want to tie up the phone lines just to do that, if I don't have to.  I wish they would adjust their website to alter the message under the Cancelation penalty for all cruises through April. If it said No penalty, FCC will be processed, I'd be a happy camper. 

37 minutes ago, Bostwick girl said:

My March 21 cruise was cancelled by carnival. In the next couple of days I had received an email from them explaining the options to either cancel for full refund to original form of payment or rebook and receive $600 OBC. I chose to reschedule. Unfortunately I rebooked for May 12!  Waiting now to see what's going to happen with this go round of cancellations.

I rebooked for May 30.  Trying to stay positive, but reading all the gloom and doom makes it hard. 

the COVID-19 testing technology is advancing quickly. In a few weeks widespread point of service testing will be available and it would be possible to test everyone before sailing. I know nothing is 100% but this type testing could help ship sail a little more safety. 

• Like 1