Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We had such a great time on the Allure this past week!  Entertainment was awesome...especially seeing Mama Mia!  Such talent!  I'd seen Mama Mia on Broadway years ago, and this was just as good!  The band in Dazzle was phenomenal.  The crew onboard was a happy crew.  It was a wonderful seven days onboard, and this was our first time on an Oasis class ship.  We loved it, and are looking forward to the Bella cruise next year on the Oasis.  The only disappointing venue was the Schooner Bar.  We've always loved hanging there with our drinks and listening to the Piano player, but the woman singing in the Schooner was there every night, and she was awful;  needless to say, we stayed away.  It turned out being for the best, though, since Dazzle became our nightly hangout.  Oh, but the Aqua Aria!!!!!  Wow, they are amazing!   

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We had such a great time on the Allure this past week!  Entertainment was awesome...especially seeing Mama Mia!  Such talent!  I'd seen Mama Mia on Broadway years ago, and this was just as good!  The band in Dazzle was phenomenal.  The crew onboard was a happy crew.  It was a wonderful seven days onboard, and this was our first time on an Oasis class ship.  We loved it, and are looking forward to the Bella cruise next year on the Oasis.  The only disappointing venue was the Schooner Bar.  We've always loved hanging there with our drinks and listening to the Piano player, but the woman singing in the Schooner was there every night, and she was awful;  needless to say, we stayed away.  It turned out being for the best, though, since Dazzle became our nightly hangout.  Oh, but the Aqua Aria!!!!!  Wow, they are amazing!   

I don't like the Schooner bar on O class ships as much as I do on V/F class ships. The Champagne bar became my go to bar on Allure.

Ocean Aria is spectacular and Mama Mia is just fun! The time goes by so fast.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I board a week from Friday. How was your cruise?

It was wonderful!!  I especially loved the Aqua Aria and Mama Mia!  The group in Dazzle is phenomenal.

The embarking and disembarking was quite painless.  The quickest ever!

I loved all of the crew members.  They were wonderful.

Enjoy your cruise, OB!  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't like the Schooner bar on O class ships as much as I do on V/F class ships. The Champagne bar became my go to bar on Allure.

Ocean Aria is spectacular and Mama Mia is just fun! The time goes by so fast.

I have to agree with you on both.  Time sure does go by fast!  

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Looking forward to the pics!

Sorry John!  Sometimes you just can't teach an old dog new tricks!🙅‍♀️

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I picked up a new pair of hearing aides today.  I have always got the ones that use batteries but I let the audiologist talk me into rechargeable ones this time.  Really not sure if I had a choice.  This is the first model that pairs with android so now when I receive a call I can hear the call in my hearing aides.  The last 2 models would pair with Apple products only.  The first pair I had required a necklace device to pick up calls on Android.  I also have a device that is attached to the tv that connects to the hearing aides.  Makes it a lot easier to understand what they are saying.  I can even leave the room and still hear it.

My 95 year old MIL has those, and they are great and she can hear, but she is completely untechy.  and we struggle getting them charged because they go bad fast and then you can’t find them.  The battery ones were a nightmare, and these are a challenge.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We realized we’re only 13 nights away from Diamond.  I’ve convinced Andy of the “value” of reaching Diamond (primarily the drink coupons).  Now I’m working on the concept that it will take two separate 7 night cruises and all the accompanying costs OR we could do one 7 

nighter in a suite to get double points.  It’s a work in progress lol. 

We just had the drink package on the Allure.  The packages are getting so darned expensive!  We won't be Diamond until the Bella cruise.  We're not going to get the package for our NE/Canada cruise in September, since we won't be sitting by a pool (2 or 3 drinks) and we'll just buy our other drinks onboard.  We will buy the package for our first part of the B2B on Oasis.  

I love the pictures you posted of your time on the Anthem!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Understand. We have drink vouchers in our case, but still prefer getting off the ship and checking out new things. Different strokes for different folks. 😉

I agree , but we have done 50 or so Caribbean cruises and have been to Nassau many times , I also like seeing new things ,  if Hawaii or European cruise I would never dream of staying on board.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

When’s your Oasis sailing?  We realized we’re only 13 nights away from Diamond.  I’ve convinced Andy of the “value” of reaching Diamond (primarily the drink coupons).  Now I’m working on the concept that it will take two separate 7 night cruises and all the accompanying costs OR we could do one 7 

nighter in a suite to get double points.  It’s a work in progress lol. 

Problem with booking a suite is they are very addictive, but we are diamond plus because of them.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I have to agree with you on both.  Time sure does go by fast!  

Sorry John!  Sometimes you just can't teach an old dog new tricks!🙅‍♀️

No problem.  I am thankful you enjoyed the cruise. Last night we were looking at some pics when we were on Allure in 2013.  Good memories. Curious what has changed since then.  

A0EBD3F5-AF68-4EDB-929D-136712FF6285.thumb.jpeg.260fb4670414e92df9af2c2c90df9a73.jpeg

718D74B7-CF4A-4BC6-9FF4-A884DB52618B.thumb.jpeg.06c088a0d6dcf6f62f7161ae4695aa1b.jpeg

B8D711B2-6D68-4344-BC7F-0EFBDF9D51D1.thumb.jpeg.d6423a17c183f5085b4f49a0e6ba6979.jpeg

• Like 10

32 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

My 95 year old MIL has those, and they are great and she can hear, but she is completely untechy.  and we struggle getting them charged because they go bad fast and then you can’t find them.  The battery ones were a nightmare, and these are a challenge.

The main thing that is a disappointment with Widex to me is the app. It is not the best.

The storms are rolling through central Arkansas and this is just day 1 of the 3 days forecast to be stormy.  A friend just sent me a pic of hail from his house and the news was showing pics of hail much larger.  Thankful it looks like it has pasted my daughter’s house.  She is just leaving a Bob Dylan concert so she has had no idea if it was bad at her house.  Btw, she said the concert was a little underwhelming.  She knows the older Dylan music and she said she did not recognize any of the songs.

8AA7B79F-A420-4F8B-953F-39D119D330AB.thumb.jpeg.4e4a39a1d3df2123bab961a0eb749e0e.jpeg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Our hospital is a member of the knife and gun club, aka Level I trauma center.

We take care of those who do not take care of themselves, and others who just were in the wrong place at the wrong time when they got shot 10 times.

Like the poor 22 year old who was just sitting on his porch ready his bible, when this car just drove by and shot him for no reason..............

Ah, yes, the good ol' SOCMOB.... Standing On a Corner, Minding my Own Business!  🤣

• Like 1

My youngest daughter just text excited.  She said for the first time the baby kicked her hand pretty hard.  She said it made her jump!  

My oldest daughter usually calls when they are at a concert.  She just texted and said encore! She then called and we could hear Bob Dylan singing Blowin in the Wind!  We were excited for them until they both started laughing and said, We are in the car! 😂 They got us.  They said he played all newer songs.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My youngest daughter just text excited.  She said for the first time the baby kicked her hand pretty hard.  She said it made her jump!  

My oldest daughter usually calls when they are at a concert.  She just texted and said encore! She then called and we could hear Bob Dylan singing Blowin in the Wind!  We were excited for them until they both started laughing and said, We are in the car! 😂 They got us.  They said he played all newer songs.

I have been to many Dylan concerts , you never know what he will sing , this year was one of the few we missed but reviews said they were almost all new songs but said he was in good voice. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

How frightening that this happened to sweet Hila.  I will pray for her complete recovery, Bonnie.🙏  How thankful her parents and grandparents must feel about the doctors optimism at this time.

I'm glad to hear that she is improving, but hope that her pain will quickly subside.🙏

Good news abouMt your clean bill of health, Debbie!  I'm guessing you were just as surprised as the Dr and nurses were when you woke up during the procedure🤔

Very interesting, Sue!  Thank you for taking the time to share this.

Maryann, thank you so much.

Glad to read you had a very pleasant cruise.

• Like 1

An update on my Jen's friend Jen.  They got together today and cried when they saw each other.  They met at work 14 years ago and never lost touch when my Jen moved to NJ.

Jen is looking wonderful and her new heart is pumping beautifully.  A few glitches with the ton of meds she has to take daily but nothing that can't be regulated.  She was at end stage heart failure and now has the gift of life.

So happy for her and her family.

• Like 20

14 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We are back from a great week on Anthem.  I’m as caught up on this thread as I’m going to get.  Healing thoughts for all who have relatives or friends with health issues.  It sounds like they’re all heading in the right direction.  
Andrew & Lisa, very glad to see you are finally able to get away. I hope you have a great time. 
Bob & Micheline - enjoy your week in Harmony.

Debbie - I’m glad the colonoscopy is behind you (small pun intended 🙂) and all went well. 
Happy to see gardens being started, spring is here and summer just around the corner!  

With the exception of a damp, chilly boarding day and a chilly last day, we had near perfect weather and smooth seas.  We stayed on the ship in Pt Canaveral.  Got off on Nassau but with 6 ships in port that day, it was too busy for my comfort so we did a quick walk around and got back in the ship.  This was our first time to Coco Cay since the Perfect Day enhancements.  I’m probably in the minority here, but I prefer the old Coco Cay - a little less developed.  The bar area in the Oasis pool was like a college spring break crowd.  Independence was there with us.  It was still a very enjoyable day.  
Food was pretty darn good. The only specialty restaurant we did was Jamie’s and it was terrific.  Ate breakfast in the Solarium every morning, not as many options as the WJ but so much quieter & relaxing!  
Disembarking (self) was ridiculously easy. We left our cabin at 6:42 am and the time stamp on the parking ticket out of the garage was 6:50!  No traffic on the turnpike, Cuomo bridge or 95 N, we pulled into our driveway at 9:37 am.  Just a couple of pics:

0C476ED4-EA66-41D1-A9FC-6D81793C630A.thumb.jpeg.d210fca6002e7efad4b299a53794ff18.jpeg

meat plank at Jamie’s4142A58A-06EB-40C5-8AB9-9C950F2BE097.thumb.jpeg.4248ceb87f58e7fb2bfbac0a5bb189b9.jpeg

outdoor dining at Jamie’s 6A207E2E-B100-4EFE-ADD4-3ABF41B92AE7.thumb.jpeg.381f73d144ae26b0c667011b30859283.jpeg

I need to work on my line shots1DD1342B-ADC8-4B8C-A32A-C4806205EA01.thumb.jpeg.ddf8b10f58a883bfc302458b813b96e3.jpeg

Indy and Anthem4251B136-D915-46CF-9471-049BC8A3F9FF.thumb.jpeg.cd751012f39b0c85618a56d0c34ef392.jpeg

NYC skyline at 5:30 yesterday morning.  

Looks wonderful.

I've just had to cancel our Anthem cruise in September. Our second grandson is due a couple of weeks before, and think we will be needed to help with the crazy puppy 🐶 

Luckily under CwC we have the deposit back as a FCC

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Linda is has really been pushing me to get hearing aids. I have horrible ringing in my ears and can't hear 1300K frequencies. I watch tv with the subtitles on just to understand all the dialogue. All those years as a drummer/percussionist and a news cameraman doing live shots with ear pieces so I could hear the director has taken it's toll.

What kind and model do you recommend? Are you conscious about wearing them?  Do they feel weird? How much do you think they help?

Gary's given up with hearing aids. He gets too much feedback, he's lost all hearing in one ear and some in his other. He also has constant tinnitus. He finds when he's in a noisy restaurant or pub he can't follow conversations.  HE never complains about it and because of that friends often forget he has this hidden disability and he has to remind them he can't always hear everything 

• Like 6