Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We are home after being on P&O Britannia for 4 night's for our 40th wedding anniversary.

We had a fantastic relaxing seacation cruise 

Graham.

IMG_20210824_185535.jpg

Oh, how lovely! So glad you were able to cruise again; the perfect way to celebrate your anniversary. 

The food looks amazing. What are the green items in this dish? I love the way they are presented. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, davekathy said:

I understand with all your traveling. If we traveled as much as you two we would have to hire a yard service also. I love being outside and always find something to do, especially when it's hot and sunny. I have no problems being outside when it's in the 90's and 100's. Just pace myself. I also help the lady next door as her husband died last year and she has a yard service but they do a half ass job at best, IMO. I need to soak up as much sun (mother natures vitamin D)as I can before winter and cold gets here. Yuck!! 

Exactly what Bucky does.  Even in these rentals, which are not our own, he is constantly fixing things he finds that need it, doing outside trimming (weeds etc.) and a lot of cleaning.  This house we are currently in was very clean inside, (which gave me a break) but the outside of the house was a mess with dirt and spiders (yuck!).  He spent a lot of time cleaning out there, including the deck.  

At home, he tends to his yard a (lots of trimming), but also pulls weeds etc. from neighbors not in residence.  The older neighbors always come to him for help with fixing things, etc.  He is only too happy to do so.  They miss him when we are gone!  😉 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Dark Ages, literally

We had a large black and white with those goofy rabbit ears when I was a little kid.  3 stations, my sister and I were the "remotes" up and off the couch.  😄  We were also in charge of "tuning in" for better signal.  😉 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Post whoring about a lot of things other than cruising. 

Looks like CC has changed the way the post count is... observations of the "post whoring" was never an issue for me.  Never really paid attention to it.  😉  

Though sometimes when I would read a post from unfamiliar waters...which spat out harsh negatives...I did glance to see if they were "one hit wonders".  😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have a Serenade and Adventure shirt like that. I think RCI has lately cheapened the quality of the shirts recently. I haven't found any in my last few cruises that I cared to buy.20210826_190220.thumb.jpg.ebee5f08fe2a3b61da5b577687163442.jpg

Do these count?  😉  

20210827_085334.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm a big fan of the long sleeve t's with the name on the back. Really heavy cotton

Indeed very heavy, and run very large.  Great for bringing along to use when coming back into home port on chilly day!  Fits easily over regular shirts.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Agree.... to much electronics and sensitive parts.

A fridge should not be a radio station or TV.

Just get the refrigerating job done.

When we got a Toyota Corolla for our first daughter in college, we got the basics.  It didn’t even have electric windows . She later told us a friend riding with her had to ask how to role the window down.  When she showed  her friend how to turn the handle, she thought cranking the window down was so cool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Ha, you beat me to it....

The big bowl of popcorn was also @Biker19 "specialty" ??😁

I received my one and only "penalty point" for agreeing with someone when they mentioned to bring on the popcorn during an interesting thread.  My simple post:  "Make mine with butter".    I got a permanent "poo poo on you" for stating that.  😳

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Indeed very heavy, and run very large.  Great for bringing along to use when coming back into home port on chilly day!  Fits easily over regular shirts.  

I always use my C&A logo discount to buy them. Kinda look like something crew woul wear. We have 7 or 8 total now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

My bet is on the land line and pager....😉

Many years ago our sales team, just before a meeting, would have "pager races".  We would put them on the conference table and set them off.  Pretty funny seeing the things hum and dance around on the table at once.  

Yeah, we were easily amused.  😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

48 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...some of us on here remember the days before TV even existed.  😮 😄 

Wow, what did people do without a screen to stare at!

I remember black and white shows but can’t remember being without the tv.  I remember being the "remote control " for the family at times.

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, island lady said:

We had a large black and white with those goofy rabbit ears when I was a little kid.  3 stations, my sister and I were the "remotes" up and off the couch.  😄  We were also in charge of "tuning in" for better signal.  😉 

Yep,  been there, done that except I just got to where I just laid down on the floor next to it.  I also remember that somehow the tv would get messed up and we would have to take the handle off the channel changer and wedge a pencil in it to get a clear picture.

It wasn’t to bad being a remote back then, there were only 3 or 4 stations!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1