Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I have made our COVID test appointments. 
CVS for antigen at 9:15am and 9:30am. 
in view of various CCers saying CVS dropped antigen tests and they’re having to scramble, I made Walgreens appointments for 11am and 11:15am. 
Wakgreens near us dies OCR and NAAT. 
I understand NAAT is more in depth looking for the virus, and you can get a negative result with antigen and a positive with NAAT. 
I was concerned that if we got tested in both places Medicare or insurance would only pay for one. 
I had to give CVS all of our insurance info. 
I asked our Walgreens pharmacist and he said they do not charge anyone for COVID testing. 
So now we have one week to stay COVID free. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Why  don't you  take  Chris and Donna on an Airboat ride, it's a lot of fun and not far from where the ship docks.  30 min.

https://www.airboatridesatmidway.com/

They are fun.   Eric and I did one a couple years ago.    

Since we have 2 young people who are afraid they will be sea sick on cruise ship, I don't want to book any other type of boating activity until we see how they are doing.

Thank you for the suggestion🤩

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

They are fun.   Eric and I did one a couple years ago.    

Since we have 2 young people who are afraid they will be sea sick on cruise ship, I don't want to book any other type of boating activity until we see how they are doing.

Thank you for the suggestion🤩

Have they ever been to Disney, this would be more like Test Track, nothing like being on a head boat rocking while fishing in the ocean.

22 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Have they ever been to Disney, this would be more like Test Track, nothing like being on a head boat rocking while fishing in the ocean.

Yes, Chris has been to Disney several times with us on our family vacations.     I am not sure if his Fiance has ever been.      She is the one that is really worried about getting sea sick.    Chris keeps assuring her she will be okay.  

We are doing the Happy Dance, We passed our covid tests by Walgreens and Eric is packing now!    I have been pretty much packed since last weekend.   Just some last minute stuff I will pack tomorrow.   

Tomorrow we pick up the rental of a Nissan Pathfinder for our drive to Cape Liberty Sunday.   Our check in is 12:30 / 1 pm and I hear cabins have been ready around 1:30pm for the last couple of sailings.   So that should work good then once we board we will check in at muster station and drop off our stuff at cabin and head to 270 Cafe for our Kummelweck sandwiches.    

• Like 12

Okay got the pictures from Kitchen Designer.....some of the  colors are a little off, the light brownish color you see on the lower and upper cabinets is suppose to be an off white color.........island will be a shade of brown would but probably not so dark as the picture shows.

Late change the sink and dishwasher we be switch sides. She pictured it both with if we go with the dark wood on the right side pantry and if we go with the cream color on the pantry  near the micro wave..

Which way do you like those cabinet colors by the microwave, brownish wood or cream color......the floor will have bricks like this.

Old Series Pavers Pine Hall Brick | Cromwell Concrete

Which will be close to the brick we are putting on the fireplace and on the walls above all the  upper cabinets. 

Millstone - Pine Hall Brick

Appliances.png

Island (Overhang Side).png

Island1.png

Kitchen.png

Island2.png

KitPainted Pantry.png

Kitchen1.png

Appliances 2.png

Island (Fridge Side)(1).png

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Okay got the pictures from Kitchen Designer.....some of the  colors are a little off, the light brownish color you see on the lower and upper cabinets is suppose to be an off white color.........island will be a shade of brown would but probably not so dark as the picture shows.

Late change the sink and dishwasher we be switch sides. She pictured it both with if we go with the dark wood on the right side pantry and if we go with the cream color on the pantry  near the micro wave..

Which way do you like those cabinet colors by the microwave, brownish wood or cream color......the floor will have bricks like this.

Which will be close to the brick we are putting on the fireplace and on the walls above all the  upper cabinets. 

Are you uploading cabinet photos?

The brick should match your exterior brick nicely.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Are you uploading cabinet photos?

The brick should match your exterior brick nicely.

Yes, I think the floor bricks will get a little darker when we put some kind of sealer on it.

Cabinet pics and floor plans were just added........blank space under microwave is where are Air duct return is, it is 24" x24" , we do hope have a little room under the microwave for a small maybe 4 or 5 Inch high wooden pullout drawer.

Island is 9 ft x 6ft ........... an additional foot hangover of the counter on the 1 end so we can look to our right at the TV while  eating.

Picture is alittle off though...........on the side where the sink is...........nearest the fridge will be a 2 ft cabinet......then 2ft dishwasher, then 3ft. copper sink... then another 2 ft cabinet.

So the designer did get the picture right.....but the sink and dishwasher will be further away from fridge then picture, giving us a little more counter space near  the  fridge.........

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, I think the floor bricks will get a little darker when we put some kind of sealer on it.

Cabinet pics and floor plans were just added........blank space under microwave is where are Air duct return is, it is 24" x24" , we do hope have a little room under the microwave for a small maybe 4 or 5 Inch high wooden pullout drawer.

Island is 9 ft x 6ft ........... an additional foot hangover of the counter on the 1 end so we can look to our right at the TV while  eating.

I like the brownish cabinet color near the microwave better than the cream.   It helps tie it all together.     I am sure this will look amazing when all done.     

What is the timeline to get started/finished?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I'm not good with reading plans.

I like the color of the bricks and I prefer cream over brownish. In general, I prefer light colors, gives the illusion of a greater space.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I like the brownish cabinet color near the microwave better than the cream.   It helps tie it all together.     I am sure this will look amazing when all done.     

What is the timeline to get started/finished?

Still don't  know yet, we have yet to see a quote for this yet..........I did get another quote from a different company, they came in at like $85,000.........but their design was different but they are from a pricey area about an hour from us.................This current company is only about 15 minutes from us, hoping their price will be more reasonable.

They are coming back here on Tuesday with their construction guy to check  on everything and make sure everything is  100% positive a go construction wise, then we will get a price.

Appliance's will be about $10,000 added onto  their quote since we are going to buy that stuff soon and just store in our garage because things could be back ordered..

There is more work  involved here then just taking at the old and replacing with new since appliances are in all different places.

• Like 1

The pictures show the counters in white, but my wife had selected black with speckles/like glitter in the countertop..........I had wanted black counter top on the range side and a lighter off white for the island..................so not exactly sure where we will end up with that............

1 minute ago, Keksie said:

I vote for cream.  

cream for all cabinets then huh? just brownish color on the island? I'm thinking that way too, shows off the range hood  and island better.........my wife says she might be fine with it either way.........she had wanted it in the brownish color before  seeing the pics.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

cream for all cabinets then huh? just brownish color on the island? I'm thinking that way too, shows off the range hood  and island better.........my wife says she might be fine with it either way.........she had wanted it in the brownish color before  seeing the pics.

16 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The pictures show the counters in white, but my wife had selected black with speckles/like glitter in the countertop..........I had wanted black counter top on the range side and a lighter off white for the island..................so not exactly sure where we will end up with that............

I think keeping the cabinets the same color and then the island dark is a good look.  I can see a darker color on the range side with the island being lighter for the countertops.  What will the backsplash look like?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I think keeping the cabinets the same color and then the island dark is a good look.  I can see a darker color on the range side with the island being lighter for the countertops.  What will the backsplash look like?

backsplash will be off white subway tile with grout almost matching tile

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I was just going back and forth and now I am undecided.    I liked the brownish to tie it all together but Dani made a good point the light cream color will give it that open feeling.

It is also difficult to get a good idea from the renderings provided.   Will be much better in real colors.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was just going back and forth and now I am undecided.    I liked the brownish to tie it all together but Dani made a good point the light cream color will give it that open feeling.

It is also difficult to get a good idea from the renderings provided.   Will be much better in real colors.

I wanted all the cabinets to be the same, off white cream, my wife is the one thought she wanted it in the brownish color until she saw the pictures.

Now she thinks it would be okay either way.

20220318_185229.jpg

20220318_185219.jpg

Edited by Jimbo

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I wanted all the cabinets to be the same, off white cream, my wife is the one thought she wanted it in the brownish color until she saw the pictures.

Cream / light beige will be "delish" with this floor -- the bricks will provide the "contrast". The bricks seem to be a practical color too, for a kitchen floor, that is 😁.

picture quoted for effect 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Cream / light beige will be "delish" with this floor -- the bricks will provide the "contrast". The bricks seem to be a practical color too, for a kitchen floor, that is 😁.

picture quoted for effect 

Yes, they are 1/2" pavers 4"x 6"......trying to match the mortar on our house, for all the brick we use inside the house.

• Like 1

@Jimbo I like all cream cabinets with the just the range hood matching the island.  Makes them both stand out.  Where’s the double oven going?  Also, the blank space under the microwave makes it looks like something was left out, unless that’s where the ovens will go?  

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We passed our covid tests by Walgreens and Eric is packing now! 

Good to hear you passed.   I’m looking forward to seeing picks of the cruise. I really want to see pics and hear about the Nassau trip you were looking into.  Also want to hear if y’all enjoy the noodles and that inflating machine.  Have a safe and fun cruise!

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Jimbo I like all cream cabinets with the just the range hood matching the island.  Makes them both stand out.  Where’s the double oven going?  Also, the blank space under the microwave makes it looks like something was left out, unless that’s where the ovens will go?  

Not going with a double oven, just going with the gas range slide in, gas for both cook top and and the oven on the bottom.........................BUT the microwave is just not a regular  microwave oven

GE Profile™ 30 in. Single Wall Oven with Advantium® Technology

Model #:PSB9240SFSS

Configuration Single Oven
Advantium Cooking Modes Broil
Convection
Microwave
Proof
Speedcook
Warm
Style Built-In
Program Cooking Over 175 Programmed Menu Selections
Baking/Speed Cook Pan Porcelain
Control Type Dial
Glass Touch
Interior Oven Light Yes
Product Type Microwave Oven Combination
Single Oven
Microwave Oven Interior Stainless Steel
Microwave Sensor Cooking Controls Cook
Defrost
Express
Reheat
Microwave Watts (IEC-705) 950.0 W
Turntable Size 16.0 in
Control Features Back
Cancel/Off
Favorite Recipe
Help
Lock Controls
Options
Power Temp
Start/Pause
Timer On/Off
Grill Pan Yes
Rack Type Wire Oven Rack
Cooking Technology Advantium
Fuel Type Electric

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Not going with a double oven, just going with the gas range slide in, gas for both cook top and and the oven on the bottom.........................BUT the microwave is just not a regular  microwave oven

GE Profile™ 30 in. Single Wall Oven with Advantium® Technology

Model #:PSB9240SFSS

Configuration Single Oven
Advantium Cooking Modes Broil
Convection
Microwave
Proof
Speedcook
Warm
Style Built-In
Program Cooking Over 175 Programmed Menu Selections
Baking/Speed Cook Pan Porcelain
Control Type Dial
Glass Touch
Interior Oven Light Yes
Product Type Microwave Oven Combination
Single Oven
Microwave Oven Interior Stainless Steel
Microwave Sensor Cooking Controls Cook
Defrost
Express
Reheat
Microwave Watts (IEC-705) 950.0 W
Turntable Size 16.0 in
Control Features Back
Cancel/Off
Favorite Recipe
Help
Lock Controls
Options
Power Temp
Start/Pause
Timer On/Off
Grill Pan Yes
Rack Type Wire Oven Rack
Cooking Technology Advantium
Fuel Type Electric

Looks very multifunctional.  I still think something should be in the area below the microwave. Maybe a coffee bar with open shelving below it (for the air return)?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Looks very multifunctional.  I still think something should be in the area below the microwave. Maybe a coffee bar with open shelving below it (for the air return)?

Can't put the microwave to high..........My wife won't be able to reach it........she is  only 5ft nothing.......... top of the grill is  3 ft off the floor, then there is a light switch they we may or may not move.............just no where for a shelf( counter top) and then to have any height above it to put anything on it before microwave.

Coffee bar will be on the fridge, no  need for a coffee maker on any  of our counters  🙂

GE Profile™ Series ENERGY STAR® 27.7 Cu. Ft. Smart Fingerprint Resistant French-Door Refrigerator with Keurig® K-Cup® Brewing System

Model #:PFE28PYNFS

GE Profile 27.7 Cu. Ft. French Door Smart Refrigerator with Keurig K-Cup  Brewing System Fingerprint resistant stainless steel PFE28PYNFS - Best Buy

GE Profile PFE28PYNFS 36 Inch Stainless Steel French Door Refrigerator |  Appliances Connection
Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Can't put the microwave to high..........My wife won't be able to reach it........she is  only 5ft nothing.......... top of the grill is  3 ft off the floor, then there is a light switch they we may or may not move.............just no where for a shelf( counter top) and then to have any height above it to put anything on it before microwave.

Coffee bar will be on the fridge, no  need for a coffee maker on any  of our counters  🙂

GE Profile™ Series ENERGY STAR® 27.7 Cu. Ft. Smart Fingerprint Resistant French-Door Refrigerator with Keurig® K-Cup® Brewing System

Model #:PFE28PYNFS

GE Profile 27.7 Cu. Ft. French Door Smart Refrigerator with Keurig K-Cup  Brewing System Fingerprint resistant stainless steel PFE28PYNFS - Best Buy

GE Profile PFE28PYNFS 36 Inch Stainless Steel French Door Refrigerator |  Appliances Connection

Hmm hope it is a replaceable unit at a reasonable cost

• Like 3