Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Premade crust, pizza dough ball that you form into a crust, or homemade crust?

Dough from scratch, roll out onto pizza stone, prebake for 5-8 minutes (insures crispy crust), then let cool a bit...start the toppings pile up.  🙂 

• Like 1

We've yet to find our go to pizza place on Amelia Island.  You know, that place that you automatically call when you can't figure out what to do for dinner.  Had a pepperoni and mushroom pie (my "standard" order) from a place called Townie's Pizzeria that was good.  They get high ratings.  The Harris Teeter grocery store that is 2 minutes from our house also makes surprisingly good pizza.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I love left over pizza for breakfast. The problem is that there is rarely any left over.

Then you aren't ordering enough to begin with. 😁  A medium is usually plenty for my wife and I, sometimes with a piece or 2 leftover.  I order a large though for breakfast/lunch leftovers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

New topic for this thread...pizza.  What's your favorite flavor of pizza Lenny?  I assume with your Brooklyn background that you prefer NY style??

I love a thin crust pizza with spinach and mushrooms.   Eric loves pizza with a little ground meat, peppers and onions.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Then you aren't ordering enough to begin with. 😁  A medium is usually plenty for my wife and I, sometimes with a piece or 2 leftover.  I order a large though for breakfast/lunch leftovers.

I have zero experience ordering medium sized pizzas.☺

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

Dough from scratch, roll out onto pizza stone, prebake for 5-8 minutes (insures crispy crust), then let cool a bit...start the toppings pile up.  🙂 

Pizza stone definitely needed.  I bought one about 15 yrs ago and have used countless times.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Order?  I haven't ordered a pizza in many years.  😉  Bucky won't eat anything but my homemade pizza.  His "order" is to ask me if I would make a pizza for him...which his nice wife obliges with pleasure.  Though he is in charge of making sure the pizza chef has her wine during the process.  😄 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Impressive riding and impressive droning (is that a verb??).  And an impressive amount of cones!  That course looks very challenging.  I have this image of you guys sadistically rubbing your hands together trying to figure out how you can make the course more difficult.  😈

This course is the one we will use for the Master and Expert Class.  There will be another pattern setup for Novice Class. We have about 80 riders signed up for next weekend. We are starting setup next Tuesday/Wednesday. Practice will be Thursday/Friday. Competition is Saturday. Two timed runs. There will also be a Challenge Ride, Slow Ride, and Team Slow Ride. The Challenge Ride will be through a short course that is supposed to be unseen and not practicing for time. 

The location Bruce Rossmeyer Daytona Harley-Davidson, Ormond Beach. 

M8

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I love a thin crust pizza with spinach and mushrooms.   Eric loves pizza with a little ground meat, peppers and onions.

I love..love spinach on my pizza.  Also do broccoli bits sometimes, that I steam ahead of time.

Gosh I  never a make a pizza without mushrooms.🤗  My preference is thick cut up fresh baby Portobellos. 

Most of the time I order a thick slice of pepperoni from the deli ahead of time, then I dice it up in small pieces, which is easier to eat, still gives it flavor, and less greasy. 

Indeed always onions as well...but peppers???  😜 Ugg....can't stand the things.  Bucky will most times dice up some Jalapenos, then sprinkle on top of this own slice after it's baked. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

This course is the one we will use for the Master and Expert Class.  There will be another pattern setup for Novice Class. We have about 80 riders signed up for next weekend. We are starting setup next Tuesday/Wednesday. Practice will be Thursday/Friday. Competition is Saturday. Two timed runs. There will also be a Challenge Ride, Slow Ride, and Team Slow Ride. The Challenge Ride will be through a short course that is supposed to be unseen and not practicing for time. 

The location Bruce Rossmeyer Daytona Harley-Davidson, Ormond Beach. 

M8

Is this an "event" with food, booths, or other things that might make it interesting to watch, or is it more just cones and riders in a parking lot.  Could be something interesting for a 2 hour drive, unless it's not really intended for spectators.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Pizza stone definitely needed.  I bought one about 15 yrs ago and have used countless times.

I am constantly worried I might drop and smash my old tired and true pizza stone.  Have had that one for 45 years.  It's a little worn around the edges, but still works beautifully!  At least I was able to get that out of the divorce of the first husband.  😉 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm a fan of buffalo chicken pizza.  There's a local chain in the Cincinnati area called Dewey's that makes one called Ryan's Inferno.  I also like the Pies and Pints Steak and Mushroom pizza, for those familiar with Pies and Pints.  They have a good selection of specialty pizzas AND a good selection of draft beer.  Pizza and beer go hand in hand.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric likes to reheat his pizza stovetop in a frying pan.  It is good but I love cold leftover pizza too!

Interesting!  Sounds good that way as well! 

I put my defrosted left over pizza slices in the little toaster oven.  Great for a quick lunch.  🙂 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am constantly worried I might drop and smash my old tired and true pizza stone.  Have had that one for 45 years.  It's a little worn around the edges, but still works beautifully!  At least I was able to get that out of the divorce of the first husband.  😉 

Properly seasoned by now. 👍