FCC & New reservation and Deposit??

We just canceled our May Cruise Two weeks ago and have FCC on the way. Thinking about making a new reservation for Sept? Do we pay for a new deposit our self now " Time of Booking" And then apply the FCC to new reservation when it arrives?? What if price of cruise is lower then FCC Credit, Will we receive a credit back on my Credit Card for Difference?? Thanks... 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DISFANS3 said:

We just canceled our May Cruise Two weeks ago and have FCC on the way. Thinking about making a new reservation for Sept? Do we pay for a new deposit our self now " Time of Booking" And then apply the FCC to new reservation when it arrives?? What if price of cruise is lower then FCC Credit, Will we receive a credit back on my Credit Card for Difference?? Thanks... 

Here is what we did. Our May cruise was cancelled [Oasis] so we are waiting for FCC to be issued. I emailed my TA and wanted to re-book for Sept 6th without putting a deposit down. In 30 minutes it was all done, no deposit. Its a long hold, when the FCC is issued my TA will apply the FCC and it will be officially booked. I have a cabin number, the invoice, everything, its just not paid in full until the FCC is issued. Also whatever is left over, in our case should be around 500 will be there at an FCC for another cruise which we will use for 2021. So that is how it was explained to me by our TA. A few emails and done in less than 30 minutes. Oasis Sept. 6th.  

• Like 1

We just did the same thing for April B2B cancelled.  According to our TA Royal didn't want a deposit since they knew we had FCC coming.  So we have new booking numbers without a deposit.  HOWEVER - can't do anything in the Cruise Planner because the booking isn't paid.  Hopefully that will change at some point.  And the Cruise Planner purchases are also being credited at some point at 125%, but as things are now even if that happens we won't be able to use them in the Cruise Planner until the FCC gets applied.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, suizas said:

I think you are very very optimistic for September sailings!

I think everyone is very, very pessimistic and can't see 2 feet down the road. I guess that is why we all have opinions. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LeeW said:

We just did the same thing for April B2B cancelled.  According to our TA Royal didn't want a deposit since they knew we had FCC coming.  So we have new booking numbers without a deposit.  HOWEVER - can't do anything in the Cruise Planner because the booking isn't paid.  Hopefully that will change at some point.  And the Cruise Planner purchases are also being credited at some point at 125%, but as things are now even if that happens we won't be able to use them in the Cruise Planner until the FCC gets applied.  

Yes, I forgot that part. Our old cruise, Oasis May 10 still shows and has a very depressing sad countdown. That will be replaced with the new Sept. Oasis cruise once the FCC is issued and applied. Then the exciting but too far away cruise countdown will begin. 😭😊

On 4/6/2020 at 5:59 AM, JAMESCC said:

Also whatever is left over, in our case should be around 500 will be there at an FCC for another cruise which we will use for 2021

On 4/6/2020 at 5:43 AM, DISFANS3 said:

Any remaining FCC will be reissued to a new FCC once the cruise that you first applied the FCC to is completed.

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Any remaining FCC will be reissued to a new FCC once the cruise that you first applied the FCC to is completed.

Well that kinda stinks. Now I can't book with it till Sept. Maybe I can book now and apply FCC after Sept. after our next cruise?