When is Next Round Of Cancelations?

TBurr

5 minutes ago, TBurr said:

May 11 is the posted date of all cruises canceled. When will RCCL announce the next date of cancelations ?

It appears that they are cancelling in 30 day increments so another 2  weeks or so 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, crewsweeper said:

CDC directive today says 100 days no cruising from anywhere in US to anywhere.

I’d be very surprised if cruise lines actually cancelled 100 days worth of sailings.  Besides, there are provisions in the document for the return of cruising prior to the 100 days. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’d be very surprised if cruise lines actually cancelled 100 days worth of sailings.  Besides, there are provisions in the document for the return of cruising prior to the 100 days. 

Agree...why put out any more than another 30 day suspension...holding on to hope (and our money 😉 ).  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Did you read the document?  They have to have testing plans in place for all passengers and crew, medical facilities (including PPE, ventilators, etc.) on board with trained medical personnel, in addition to having agreements in place with hospital facilities on shore that will take any critically ill patients BEFORE they can be allowed to sail.  What on-shore hospital facilities are going to agree to take these patients in advance with no knowledge of how many there may be and what state they may be in when they are transferred on shore?  Especially ports that have multiple ships in at a time (think Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, San Francisco, Seattle, etc)

I don't think the conditions that they have to meet are actually something they can meet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jobeth66 said:

Did you read the document?  They have to have testing plans in place for all passengers and crew, medical facilities (including PPE, ventilators, etc.) on board with trained medical personnel, in addition to having agreements in place with hospital facilities on shore that will take any critically ill patients BEFORE they can be allowed to sail.  What on-shore hospital facilities are going to agree to take these patients in advance with no knowledge of how many there may be and what state they may be in when they are transferred on shore?  Especially ports that have multiple ships in at a time (think Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, San Francisco, Seattle, etc)

I don't think the conditions that they have to meet are actually something they can meet.

Yes I read the document.  Conditions aside I don’t believe you will see cruise lines cancel more than 30 days at a time.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes I read the document.  Conditions aside I don’t believe you will see cruise lines cancel more than 30 days at a time.  

I understand the reasoning for not canceling cruises for more than 30 days.  It is easier to refund fares and plan for FFC and OBC.  I can wait.  Nothing else to do.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, molly361 said:
email sharing button
sharethis sharing button

RCL Response to CDC Announcement 

Friday, April 10, 2020

We are aware of the CDC order and are studying how best to respond to its provisions. Our global sailings are currently suspended through May 11, 2020.

"studying how best to respond to its provisions" = we gave this to our attorneys and are waiting to see whether they can find any loopholes before we announce our next 30 days of suspension.:classic_wink:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, molly361 said:
email sharing button
sharethis sharing button

RCL Response to CDC Announcement 

Friday, April 10, 2020

We are aware of the CDC order and are studying how best to respond to its provisions. Our global sailings are currently suspended through May 11, 2020.

Looks like the Execs and lawyers from all the cruise lines and CLIA will be very busy this weekend. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1