When Will River Cruise Lines Resume Service? [out of date]

Host Jazzbeau

6 minutes ago, notamermaid said:

A-ROSA: that is interesting, hopes crushed for a return around Whitsuntide. I can only find a notice on their website including sailings up to 4 June being cancelled, though.

This by the way is what nicko cruises say: "due to the travel bans existing, nicko cruises cancels all trips on the Danube as well as in Portugal, France, Croatia, Russia and Asia with departure up to and including June 14, 2020. Cruises within Germany, e.g. Cruises between Potsdam and Stralsund or from / to Cologne are still planned from the beginning of June - provided that the political decisions and official instructions permit this at this time."

See: https://www.nicko-cruises.de/en/

notamermaid

Thanks for the Nicko correction.  I must have read the cancellation end date as the resumption start date.

As to A-ROSA: I don't know where Cruise Critic got that info; if their article is updated with a later date than I had, I just go with that.  [I'm not much of a reporter, I know – no fact checking!]

43 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

As to A-ROSA: I don't know where Cruise Critic got that info; if their article is updated with a later date than I had, I just go with that.  [I'm not much of a reporter, I know – no fact checking!]

Not to worry. I just assumed the splendid Cruise Critic people talked to A-Rosa directly. :classic_smile:

notamermaid

AnhaltER1960,

so that means ze Germans and the Austrians will be alone on the West and Central European (and the Douro?) rivers for most of June. A sad thought. But what about the Dutch? I decided to check the major cruise operator in Arnhem for interest's sake: https://feenstrarijnlijn.nl/corona-virus-covid-19/

No, they will not join us before 26 June.

Is there any British group out there willing to come and endure the quarantine afterwards? Please?

I miss ship spotting! :classic_sad:

notamermaid 

Just checked Uniworld's website.  They are no longer listing any available European river cruises through August.  I'm wondering if they'll follow several other companies and cancel bookings until September.

• Thanks 1

I know this board is mostly European River Crusing, however I just saw a posting from our local news that the Canadian Govt. has banned all cruise ships from Cdn water (including the Great Lakes & St. Lawrence) that carry over 100 people until Oct 31.

Not sure if the American Steamship lines have cruises up here, but if Viking was planning on a cruise this summer.....

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/feds-extend-cruise-ship-ban-through-the-summer-1.4960222